Barcelo Ixtapa(Ixtapa)
USD 304
USD 221
USD 158
  • Breakfast included
Las Brisas Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
USD 143
USD 83
USD 189
USD 179
  • Breakfast included
Posada Real Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
USD 190
USD 25
USD 408
clubmed.us
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsplunge poolpersonal assistantterrace barthe penthouseroom servicecomplimentary guacamolecooking classseafood restaurantcevichemain poolsteam roomevery staff memberthe pacific oceanlow seasoncrashing wavesus dollarsthe general manager
Reviewed 1 March 2018

This is our fifth trip to Cala de Mar (formerly Capella) and we were not disappointed.
As always the views, privacy, service and food is exceptional. We did feel that they were a bit short staffed and the weekend we stayed over there was a wedding and reception taking place for about 80 people. Service level was a bit disjointed but nothing too serious. We ate at all three restaurants while there and had room service for lunch most days and all the food was delicious. If you are looking to just relax and unwind from your routine, this is the place to go. The resort manager and the entire staff will make your stay a memorable one..

Room Tip: Junior suite is the best for full sun all day long and the private infinity pool is not under cover as are some of the rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 507tasker
Javier_Aluni, Director General at Cala de Mar Resort & Spa Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Appreciated guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and future travelers. On behalf of the entire staff we appreciate your preference and we are thrilled to hear you describe our services and facilities exceptional.

Your feedback is valuable to us, your comments on the staff will be a topic to review with the team for future events or high occupations.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you for a sixth visit on your return to Ixtapa!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Stunning resort with top notch service and delicious food. The views are beautiful (we even saw some dolphins and whales). It's very quiet and serene, which is exactly what we were seeking. We'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Opt for the Deluxe Ocean Front Suite. The terrace is larger and the plunge pool is uncovered making sunning or stargazing a delight.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Javier_Aluni, Director General at Cala de Mar Resort & Spa Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Appreciated guest,

On behalf of all the staff at Cala de Mar Ixtapa, I would like to thank you for sharing this positive review. Your feedback is very valuable to us! I will make sure to pass along your compliments to the staff to let them know about your appreciation for their service.

We look forward to have the oportunity to host you once again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Its an amazing place, everything is so beautiful-and peaceful. Excellence service.
Its a perfect place to relax, and enjoy the peace. You will definitely love it and will want to return. The best resort I have ever been.

Stayed: February 2018

Appreciated Antonio D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and future travelers. We are happy to hear you have enjoyed the facilities beautifully surrounded by the nature and the service from our dedicated staff.

We would love to hear you are coming back in the near fruture, please do not hesitate to contact me back should you require assistance booking your next visit.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

This is our third trip to Cala De Mar (used to be called Cappella ). Its under new management and Javier has made some nice improvements. I was happy to see that most of the wonderful & dedicated staff is still here but a few key changes were made. Alain is now the head chef and my husband and I got to know him when we took his cooking class that starts w a trip to the local market w him to pick the freshest ingredients that we then cooked together. This is a wonderful way to experience the local markets and enjoy the best food. We learned a lot about Mexican cuisine and I'll be trying to use what I learned and make it back home.
My husband is recovering from surgery due to cancer of the esophagus & stomach. This can make eating for him difficult. We chose to return to this hotel b/c of the care & dedication the staff has to its guests. There are 3 restaurants here but if you are at 1 restaurant but feel like eating something from 1 of the other menus they are happy to make it for you. Even something not on any menu they are happy to whip it up and then come out to visit you to see how you enjoyed the meal.
It is sometimes easy to get pulled into the low prices of the "all inclusive " hotels but there is nothing that can beat a truly dedicated staff that wants to make your stay memorable.
It was my husbands birthday and due to his recent battle w cancer we decided to return to our favorite hotel. Karla & Nadia helped to plan Our celebration w balloons and a cake made out of flower pedals and candles to decorate our room and a special dinner that night.
I want to thank the waite staff who remembered our names & favorite drinks and even helped me choose foods b/ c they were aware of my food allergies.
Pablo Lewis Daniel Pedro and Felix.. my favorite waiter...always met us w a smile. Miguel made the best Sangrias. Jamie was the fastest waiter always running around.
Chef Barbara made us several special dishes and would come and visit to make sure it was exactly what we wished for.
But the things that make this hotel our favorite is in the little details... when we arrived in our room a small welcome sample plater of favorite ceviches (dips &a chips) was waiting for us. Flip flops for us to keep & little amenities that are very thoughtful chosen (a loofah was my favorite). At 5 pm every day guacamole & chips are delivered to your room along w the drink of your choice from water to Coronas.
One of my favorite things about this hotel and the reason I originally chose it is the private plunge pool in every room. You literally never have to leave your room if you didn't want to w 24 hr room service and your own pool & deck.. what more could you ask for !
Of course the more is a massage! The spa at this hotel has a steam room, sauna, & jacuzzi all to be enjoyed both before and after your massage or treatment. I enjoyed 2 massages by Adrian and felt like a new woman when I left. It was exactly what I needed.
I recommend you bring binoculars to look out at the passing boats & see what fish is jumping out of the water as you cool your self in your pool. BTW there is a main pool w cabanas and lounge chairs and restaurant service if you prefer. But to me nothing beats going night swimming in your heated pool as you look out at the stars.
As a Mom I feel I must mention this is NOT a place for kids. This is meant as a romantic get a way although there were a few very young babies I saw at breakfast.
Another thing I must add is there is no true beach at this hotel... not to swim in. We did walk down to the beach and go exploring around all the rocks. The are several beaches near this hotel that the staff is happy to send you to. But my husband and I prefer our pool.
Over all If you are looking for a quiet romantic get a way w a staff that is truly dedicated to your needs this is the best place to come.
We have already made our reservations to return next year !

Room Tip: There is no bad room.. all the rooms have amazing views
Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erika M
Javier_Aluni, Director General at Cala de Mar Resort & Spa Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Appreciated Erika M,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, your feedback is very valuable to us!

Our principal objective is to do what we believe is great experience for our guests, and knowing that we are on the good way, give us and immense satisfaction. On behalf the entire team of Cala de Mar we are pleased to know that we achieve our goal with you.

Thank you for your preference, it is an honor to have our guests back for another great experience.
We are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We travel extensively to warm weather destinations and very rarely stay at the same resort because we like to try something new, additionally for a 10 day vacation we often stay at multiple resorts. That was the case for this trip.

Eight years ago we stayed here and loved it. We returned and even though the name had changed, the same commitment to service and guest comfort was top notch. To quote my other half "Even though we like to do something new all the time, we could come back here once a year."

We purchased the inclusive food and drink plan and were very happy with it.

If you are looking for a resort with activities or a beach, this isn't the place. If you are looking for quiet, privacy and total relaxation I'd wholeheartedly recommend.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank Ann M
Javier_Aluni, Director General at Cala de Mar Resort & Spa Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Appreciated Ann M,

Thank you for your preference in Cala de Mar Ixtapa and for taking the time to share your experience with us and future travelers.

We are happy to know you have enjoyed the facilities and the staff succeded your expectations during your visit. Your kind words inspire us to continue doing what we enjoy the most, create memorable experiences for our guests.

On behalf of the entire staff we will be more than happy to welcome you every year. We really hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!