“Excellent,Amazing.j”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Ongar Bell

Take a seat at your very own bar!
A great space for a great time! Something to keep the boys entertained?!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Take a seat at your very own bar!
A great space for a great time!
Something to keep the boys entertained?!
Art deco backdrop behind the bar
The dining room with exposed original beams
The living room with a real log fire
Double bedroom, tastefully decorated in blue
En suite double bedroom tastefully decorated in black and white
Double bedroom, tastefully decorated in green
Double bedroom with bay window, tastefully decorated in gold
Spacious landing
Large family kitchen with American style fridge freezer
Kitchen double doors open out on to a spacious terrace, perfect for al fresco dining!
The Ongar Bell, an impressive landmark on the High Street
A perfect place to relax in your own lounge bar
Patio area
Garden area
Garden area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

jarman000...
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Excellent,Amazing.j”
Reviewed 3 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

What a lovely place to stay. My Family & I spent 3 nights there & loved every minute.. so much space inside even more outside. Also Ongar has a lot to offer, the railway,the nuclear Bunker,rope climbing. I would recommend the Ongar Bell to everyone. Thank you Yvonne..

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
9 May 2017
Delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay here at The Ongar Bell, you were perfect guests and would be very welcome back at anytime.
jarman201...
Essex, United Kingdom
“What a place....”
Reviewed 1 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

A group of us stayed here for my dads 65th and I have to say it's the perfect house for any celebration or even just to stay for a quiet weekend... it's quiet and peaceful garden was so relaxing, BBQ area was a good addition for the chefs of the group :-) and of course the bar was an amazing for the evenings and it was full of fun games for the kids to play (wii, Xbox etc).
The area is great, nice shops, bars, cafes and restaurants and there's plenty of places to visit in surrounding areas too.

The House is very nicely finished and everything in there was of a high standard, I was really impressed given the age of the property but you can clearly see the owners have spent a lot of time and effort turning into the glamorous house it is today.

I will 100% be returning here, it's rare to have the opportunity to stay in place like this and now I know it's there I will be making the most of it!

P.s. I didn't book the trip so I didn't deal with the owners however my Dad couldn't praise them enough and he can be a fussy git so they must have been very good to keep him happy :-)

3 May 2017
I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, your father was a pleasure to talk to and very easy to do business with. You would all be very welcome back and I look forward to the next time.
Jayde W
Paphos, Cyprus
“Fantastic - everything we needed & more!”
Reviewed 1 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Have just arrived home from a Halloween weekend away at this place with 10 of our friends - The Bell far exceeded our expectations and was just perfect in every way! Having the bar and separate dining room upstairs was fantastic, and meant we never felt the need to venture out into the high street as we had all we needed to make our evening an entertaining one, inside!

The owners were great, nothing was too much trouble.

We are already planning our return trip next year!

3 Nov 2016
Delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, you would be welcome back anytime.
jesshaigh
London, United Kingdom
“Couldn't have been more perfect!!”
Reviewed 19 June 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

We had a wonderful wonderful hen do! The brief was dancing, walking, karaoke, easy reach of London, a good space to eat lots of food and lots of drinking! It couldn't have been more perfect for all of the above- everyone absolutely loved it! It was a bit different but very special and given the opportunity I will definitely be returning!

Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
23 Jun 2016
Delighted that you all enjoyed your weekend with us' you were a pleasure and very welcome back.
NeilT326
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Family weekend TOWIE”
Reviewed 26 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Right from the get go Yvonne was delightful and charming , a superb venue as mentioned in other posts the photos look great but don't do it justice . So much room so many essentials to hand it's a home from home , I could wax lyrical over paragraphs and paragraphs but I will simply say from 6 mths to 70 everyone had a great time if your looking for a venue be it family party hen stag or just a real knees up you've found it . Single bed thing is a valid point but as previously mentioned didn't cause to many issues . Thanks Yvonne loved it X

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing