Review Highlights
IN ONE WORD: AMAZING & ONE MORE: MIND-BLOWING!

I spent 2,5 weeks at ILPE learning Spanish but also staying in one of the amazing bungalows on the... read more

Reviewed yesterday
MakiBlaki
All around amazing!

I spent 2 weeks in puerto Escondido at the Instituto de Lenguajes. During my stay I worked with 3... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Celeste W
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Puerto Escondido
from USD 40.00
More Info
from USD 35.00
More Info
All reviews studying spanish learn spanish rock climbing per day language skills great school great place to learn iguana sanctuary amazing location minute walk to the beach highly recommend this school excellent teachers short notice cool guy learning experience broken spanish taking hours
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We took 4 days of general Spanish to help build some basics and had a great time. Our teacher Gabriel was an absolute legend and taught us way more than we were expecting. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 28 January 2018

If you're looking to learn or improve your Spanish, this is the place! Teachers are amazing and the school is very accommodating with scheduling classes to fit your schedule and not the other way around. You can't beat classrooms with ocean views, definitely come here for your Spanish needs :)

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Friends told me it was great & it is! I may stay for longer than a month just to get really fluent in such a painless way. The teachers make it fun & there are very few walls— just a gentle breeze, interesting conversation & excellent teaching . Accommodations are really comfortable & reasonable & the views are incredible . It is very central to all of the beaches, markets & action , yet quiet .

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 19 December 2017

Just returned from 3 weeks at the school, and it was an incredible experience. In fact, it's kind of hard to know what to say. Brian (the Director) and Salvador (his assistant) were uniformly helpful, thoughtful and kind. They sent excellent pre-trip materials that helped me find a discount airfare and made me comfortable in traveling to Puerto Escondido. The lodgings were fine, a bit on the rustic side compared to much of what we take for granted in the U.S., but inexpensive and with a terrific view of the Pacific.Since the bungalows are right on the school grounds, you are literally steps away from your classes. I had excellent teachers (they strive to rotate teachers weekly to give exposure to other teaching styles and accents) who were always well prepared.The school is one block off the beach, and you fall asleep to the sound of the waves.I don't see how you could do better - so, I am going back for another ten day stint in about two months.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 13 October 2017

I spent 2 weeks here to brush up on my Spanish while backpacking the lovely country of Mexico. The penny-pinching budget I had set initially disliked the idea of paying to learn Spanish, but my decision to invest in my language skills was crucial to the enjoyment of the rest of my backpacking trip. The Spanish I believed I knew came out incorrect, slow, and unconfident. By the end of my 4 hours / day for 2 weeks, I was using proper tenses and felt much more at ease when conversing with the people of Mexico leading to experiences and memories otherwise unavailable to me.

The grounds are spectacular. There are gardeners onsite constantly planting, pruning, and building. The school is positioned on a hill which and provides a spectuacular panoramic view Zicatela Beach. The walk from the back gate to wading in the Pacific Ocean is about 90 seconds. If you choose to stay in one of the bungalows, don't be alarmed if you hear rustling on the tin roof at night- the school doubles as an iguana sanctuary!

The classes were very conversational and almost entirely in Spanish. At first, it is frustrating but it is crucial to your comprehension of the language. Every teacher I had were VERY patient and accommodating to my broken Spanish, however they were not afraid to correct me. Each lesson, they identify one thing that you struggle with and whip out worksheets and examples to attack your weakness and improve your ability.

The nightlife around the grounds is spectacular: salsa dancing, bars, restaurants. Nothing is far. If you are looking for an excuse to surf, the Mexican Pipeline (as Puerto Escondido is known) should DEFINITELY be your destination.

Date of experience: September 2017