Open today: 9:00 am - 10:00 pm
Review Highlights
We all learnt to surf!

A group of 6 of us friends had the most awesome 2 surf sessions with Julio, Miguel and WIlba in... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
emilynz2015
Auckland Central, New Zealand
Great surfing experience!

Julio and Hectar were both very knowledgeable and patient with our family. They made sure we were... read more

Reviewed 6 March 2017
jconnell1342

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

We are a couple who has surfed before, twice. But Julio and Hector(motor) gave us the best tips and were by far, the best instructors we've experienced. We surfed three days in a row, and they picked us up at our hotel, and because we just booked a random hotel for a night they recommended a waaaay better hotel close up to the beach, to a very reasonable price. PE natives, they know exactly where the good waves are and can teach at whatever level. Hector is even one of the best bodyboarder in Mexico. Both are very patient and the guys are totally down to earth, warm and welcoming. Even their English is great! If/when we come back, we would definitely use them again.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 30 December 2016

My husband and I had never had a surf lesson before and were more-or-less beginners. Julio and Hector showed us the ropes and had us up and surfing on our first two-hour lesson. Julio is a total rock star. Engaging, friendly, patient, encouraging, knowledgeable. We highly recommend Julio. He is full service and picks you up at your hostel/hotel, takes you to the best beach for surfing that day, provides the foam boards, gives excellent land-based intro and in-water lessons, and then a ride back home afterwards. We can't recommend it enough. Don't miss out on your chance to surf with Julio!!

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

I was an absolute beginner and yet this morning after just 2 hours I was surfing! I was able to stand up and surf three or four waves. Julio was very patient and supportive. I definitely recommend it.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

I highly recommend Julio and his boys for surfing lessons. We were a party of 5: two adults, one 14 year old daughter, one 12 year old son and one 8 year old daughter, with no surfing experience. After 1 private lesson we were all up on boards surfing. We took 3 more lessons with them and by the end we were surfing medium to large waves. Unbelievably fun! My youngest daughter had her own instructor with her the whole time, which I thought was wonderful. Not only are Julio, Hector and the others amazing surf instructors, they were friendly, engaging, funny and extremely accommodating. I will absolutely return to Puerto Escondido to surf with them. I wouldn't surf with anybody else.

Date of experience: April 2016
2  Thank littleguns72
Reviewed 2 September 2016

Me and my daughter were in Mexico for the summer and wanted to try surfing while in Puerto. I had been a bit hesitant at first as we'd never surfed, but couldn't be happier with our experience. Julio and the other guys, Motor and Chile, were super patient and friendly. They made us feel comfortable and I would definitely recommend grabbing a few lessons from them. Over a few weeks, I believe we took around 4-5 lessons, and will for sure take more when we head back.

Date of experience: July 2016