“Excellent excellent surf school”

Zicazteca Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Zicazteca Surf School - Specializing in Surf Lessons, Surf Trips, and Custom Surf Board Painting in Puerto Escondido, Oax.Puerto Escondido has long been known as a world class surf destination. Come learn from a true local, whose family has lived here in Puerto for generations. Julio Soto Noyola will be your instructor and guide.As a surf instructor Julio's goal is to provide safe and fun surf lessons for beginner - intermediate surfers. He has many years experience as a surf instructor and has taught students both here in Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca and in Sayulita, Nayarit. He uses boards that are specifically designed for beginner surfers with a softer surface material and flexible fins for safety.If you are a seasoned surfer coming to Puerto for the best the waves have to offer, Julio can take you to surf destinations within several hours of Puerto Escondido. These spots have epic waves and the added bonus of being less crowded. Let us know what you are interested in and we can set it up for you. Professional photo sessions are available.Custom surf board painting is available upon request. Julio is extremely creative, ask to see some photos of previous projects.
Reviewed 30 December 2016

My husband and I had never had a surf lesson before and were more-or-less beginners. Julio and Hector showed us the ropes and had us up and surfing on our first two-hour lesson. Julio is a total rock star. Engaging, friendly, patient, encouraging, knowledgeable. We highly recommend Julio. He is full service and picks you up at your hostel/hotel, takes you to the best beach for surfing that day, provides the foam boards, gives excellent land-based intro and in-water lessons, and then a ride back home afterwards. We can't recommend it enough. Don't miss out on your chance to surf with Julio!!

Date of experience: November 2016

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

I was an absolute beginner and yet this morning after just 2 hours I was surfing! I was able to stand up and surf three or four waves. Julio was very patient and supportive. I definitely recommend it.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

I highly recommend Julio and his boys for surfing lessons. We were a party of 5: two adults, one 14 year old daughter, one 12 year old son and one 8 year old daughter, with no surfing experience. After 1 private lesson we were all up on boards surfing. We took 3 more lessons with them and by the end we were surfing medium to large waves. Unbelievably fun! My youngest daughter had her own instructor with her the whole time, which I thought was wonderful. Not only are Julio, Hector and the others amazing surf instructors, they were friendly, engaging, funny and extremely accommodating. I will absolutely return to Puerto Escondido to surf with them. I wouldn't surf with anybody else.

Date of experience: April 2016
2  Thank littleguns72
Reviewed 2 September 2016

Me and my daughter were in Mexico for the summer and wanted to try surfing while in Puerto. I had been a bit hesitant at first as we'd never surfed, but couldn't be happier with our experience. Julio and the other guys, Motor and Chile, were super patient and friendly. They made us feel comfortable and I would definitely recommend grabbing a few lessons from them. Over a few weeks, I believe we took around 4-5 lessons, and will for sure take more when we head back.

Date of experience: July 2016