“Fun, easy introduction to surfing”

Zicazteca Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Zicazteca Surf School - Specializing in Surf Lessons, Surf Trips, and Custom Surf Board Painting in Puerto Escondido, Oax.Puerto Escondido has long been known as a world class surf destination. Come learn from a true local, whose family has lived here in Puerto for generations. Julio Soto Noyola will be your instructor and guide.As a surf instructor Julio's goal is to provide safe and fun surf lessons for beginner - intermediate surfers. He has many years experience as a surf instructor and has taught students both here in Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca and in Sayulita, Nayarit. He uses boards that are specifically designed for beginner surfers with a softer surface material and flexible fins for safety.If you are a seasoned surfer coming to Puerto for the best the waves have to offer, Julio can take you to surf destinations within several hours of Puerto Escondido. These spots have epic waves and the added bonus of being less crowded. Let us know what you are interested in and we can set it up for you. Professional photo sessions are available.Custom surf board painting is available upon request. Julio is extremely creative, ask to see some photos of previous projects.
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Julio was awesome, my brother and I had little or no surfing experience, but Julio got us standing up with his capable and confident instruction. We both had a good time and I'd recommend his lessons to anyone!

1  Thank Michael G

Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

My daughter and I took surf lessons with Julio and Chilla, what a great experience!! These guys were patient, very professional and so great with my little girl, we really had an awesome time, she is STILL smiling and we will for sure do another lesson before we go home! I'd highly highly recommend this school to anyone!! You will not be disappointed !!

1  Thank restaurantsaremyfav
Reviewed 2 February 2016

My husband and I recently took surf lessons with Hector ("Motor") y Julio (January 2016). We took 2 two our sessions and it was awesome! It was only my second time surfing and they were great teachers: serious and fun at the same time, cautious but also bold, patient, and passionate. They really took time with us and could read the rhythm of our mind and body to see what we need to learn. I am grateful to have taken lessons with them both! They are very generous and open people. Thanks so much :)

Anna and Ben (from Boston)

1  Thank Kelchlin
Reviewed 28 November 2015 via mobile

I took a surfing class with Julio in November 2015. Even though we called just one day before at 9pm, it was no problem to arrange a surf class the next day at 12.30. We paid 350 pesos for a 2 hour class but I think we spent about 3 hours with the guys. So really great value for money. The guys are good teachers and my surfing went way better than expected. They picked us up at our hostel and dropped us off again, were very professional and nice guys. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank dutchguy61
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 November 2015 via mobile

Our hostal recommended Zicazteca Surf school to us. Never having surfed before I felt totally at ease with Julio. He picked us up at the hostel bringing the equipment and extra boardshorts and rash guards . He even had an extra shirt for my boyfriend who only rented the board from him. Julio explained everything, took the time to practise on land and give tips and instructions about the movement we were making. Later in the water he always asked if I was ready to go before helping me on the wave. I took 3 classes from him and his colleague Hector and feel like I have definitely made some progress and had a lot of fun in the process! I regret leaving this beautiful place so soon and recommend a visit to Puerto Escondido and classes from Julio and Hector to anyone. Ps: you should definitely check out Julio's art!!!

1  Thank Elias B