“Great bed and great breakfast!”
Review of Rame Barton

Rame Barton
Ranked #1 of 1 Rame B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Our family of four stayed here (just for one night unfortunately!) at the end of July 2014. The house itself is stunning, and the refurbishments the owners have undertaken are excellent and tasteful. The bedrooms were very comfortable and the breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jam1e63

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This stunningly attractive house is a bed and breakfast venue which also allows for those who wish to cater for themselves in self-contained apartments. It is in the heart of beautiful countryside just a "stone's throw" from the twin villages of Kingsand and Cawsand and the magnificent Whitsand beach and cliffs.

If you cannot manage a stopover in the accommodation then there is a tea room where you can get wonderful Cornish cream teas as well as as delicious cakes if you have a mind to. You can sit out in the garden listen to birds and watch the hens strutting their stuff.

The service is great and the cakes etc are superb, Do not miss it, you will live to regret it if you do.

Room Tip: You have a choice of B&B or self catering apartments, but in either case you will be more than i...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed with some friends who hadn't been to Cornwall before. After this experience they will be coming again.
The area, the house and the rooms are equally stunning. And from the moment we arrived we were given the VIP treatment. The owners made us feel like family, they really couldn't do more for us - made such a difference to get the inside track on where to go and what to do.
And the breakfasts!! Best ever! Fresh fruit, freshly made croissants and then fresh eggs from the hens outside as part of the most amazing English breakfast.
We're going back!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I really can't say enough how lovely it was to stay at Rame Barton. My wife and I were attending a wedding at Polhawn Fort, and Rame Barton was perfectly placed. We stayed in Whitsand suite, with a double room and a twin (which we didn't use), a bathroom, decent sized sitting room and small kitchenette. Glorious views across the fields, and ideally located for walks along the coast, down to the fort and down into Cawsand itself. Karen (the owner) was welcoming and wonderfully friendly - nothing seemed to be too much to ask, and breakfast was delicious. Indeed, on the morning after the wedding when I was, shall we say, a little weary following the previous night's celebrations and chose to forego my breakfast, choosing instead to enjoy the bed for a little longer, my wife returned from her breakfast with a spectacular bacon sandwich which, she informed me, she did not ask for, rather Karen had determined that it may be required!
I shall no doubt run out of superlatives - let me sum it up this way: if you are visiting this lovely part of Cornwall, stay here. Alternatively, stay at Rame Barton and whilst you're there, visit Cornwall!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed here overnight whilst on business in Plymouth. Rame Barton is exceptionally peaceful. Karen the owner was very friendly and helpful. The room was well furnished and the bed extremely comfortable. The quality of the breakfast ranked in the highest category in my opinion. Delicious freshly made coffee and cooked to order breakfast. I plan to return with my wife at some point for a short break, so the very charming and delightful experience Rame Barton provides does not get interrupted by business commitments! Nb service = 5 stars- the rating chart refused to allow me to check.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Been to Rame Barton? Share your experiences!