Open today: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Review Highlights
Just amazing!

I did this swim 3/3/21 with my partner. I was a bit nervous as I haven’t got a lot of snorkeling... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Outi78
Adelaide, Australia
via mobile
Don’t have sea legs? You’re in safe hands!

Firstly, Alan and Mick (I think!) were absolutely amazing. The day was looking a bit grim with... read more

Reviewed 26 January 2021
327tammiv

All reviews sea lions and dolphins amazing experience wet suits eyre peninsula ocean eco blew my mind once in a lifetime open water these guys beautiful creatures small group camping area animal encounters an absolute marine life bucket list alan
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 December 2020 via mobile

Wow!! What an incredible experience. We were unfortunate in that we got some pretty bad weather. Cold wind and rain. However, it didn’t even matter. It was still the most INCREDIBLE experience!! Swimming with the sea lions and pods of dolphins! These guys go above and beyond to make sure you have had an amazing time & not because you have paid but because they just seem to love what they do & it really shows!
My partner and I couldn’t wipe the smiles of our faces - & still can’t when we talk about it.
Thanks so much Baird Bay ocean eco experience, such value for money and I would recommend to anyone! - I will also be back!

Date of experience: December 2020
Reviewed 4 December 2020

Five Stars. Better then I could imagine. Staff and guides were fantastic and friendly. Had to wait a hit to find seals that were ready to swim but guides were very informative and well worth the wait. My 7 year old son and 93 year old grandma was on this tour and well worth it for all. I will recommend anyone and everyone that comes this way.

Date of experience: December 2020
Alan P, Owner at Baird Bay Ocean Eco Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2020

Thanks for the review, I'm pleased that the family had a great time. And thank you to all the others who have taken time to review the tour, word of mouth is what keeps us going.
We get a buzz out of everyone on the boat having a good time, enjoying the marine mammals , and going away with a newfound appreciation the lives these amazing animals lead. And the fact that they have time to spend with us and give us so much pleasure still amazes me to this day. In running this business, we have the best of both worlds, generally happy customers, and an amazing connection with the marine mammals of Baird Bay. Doesn't get any better than this!

Reviewed 29 November 2020

This tour was just amazing . Nature delivered in terms of an abundance of seals and dolphins and we experienced intimate and lengthy encounters with both . However, what was particularly impressive was the deep respect the tour operators have for the ocean environment and its marine life . Their passion and knowledge is second to none . Bring something warm for the return trip . Although the weather was kind the southern ocean is what it is and was a little chilly after a lengthy amount of time in the water .

Date of experience: November 2020
1  Thank M8106JImichelleb
Reviewed 20 November 2020

This was one of our main reasons for going to the Eyre Peninsula and we had so many expectations but unfortunately for us the weather had other ideas. We knew the water would be cold but given the day I suspect the trip was very close to being cancelled by the operators but they didn't want to relinquish the income. There was a very strong undercurrent on the day. I'm a fairly strong swimmer and I went off with the current within seconds. Within minutes others on the trip were also in trouble and panicking. Once we stabilized the environment - the experience with the seals was absolutely amazing. Barry the seal kept coming in to play and get pats - it was an incredible interaction with an essentially 'wild' mammal. But again unfortunately the conditions meant half of the clients came out very quickly and stayed out. The dolphins were in even worse conditions and only 3 out of 10 were inclined to get into the ocean.
This isn't a cheap exercise and quite frankly I would have thought more of the organisers if they had cancelled and negotiated another time slot. I accept they can't control the weather but this really was bordering on dangerous - you couldn't even stand on the bottom without your legs being taken by the undercurrent. I saw the absolute beauty of the seals but unfortunately so many on our trip didn't.
There's plenty of swim time to be had but not on this trip.....
It gets a low rating because of the conditions not allowing it to show its full potential. Would I go again - yes but in very calm conditions.

Date of experience: October 2020
1  Thank paulcJ4889BP

Thank you for the review, and I am sorry that we had a bad day out there with the weather. I think this trip was in late October, and if I remember correctly I told everyone that it was going to be a bit dodgy. And from memory it was even worse than I thought it was going to be. I remember at that time that I warned everybody before we went out that it wasn't going to be easy, but if you were desperate to go I would take you. The comment about not wanting to relinquish the income is silly, we have been here doing this for nearly 30 years, and one days income will make no difference to us, I would have only gone out on a rough day to try to keep everyone happy. And we would not have taken pre-payment, so it would have been your choice on the day to take the tour. Unfortunately, sometimes that can be the wrong thing to do. I would think that on the return I would have offered everyone a free trip whenever they had the time to come back, I always do if we have a shocker.
I'm sorry that you had a bad tour, and I blame myself for taking the tour out on a marginal day, but sometimes that happens when it is just much worse than you expect. We have had a few over the years. All you need to do is call in when you are passing by and I will get you on a tour FOC when we have seats available.

Reviewed 19 November 2020

The Baird Bay Ocean Eco Experience was just an amazing adventure!! Alan and Mick took us out to the the most awesome sea lions to swim and interact with!! We had just a memorable experience with these animals and they are so inquisitive and friendly and were not afraid to come right up to us to say hello!! We just thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We then went out to swim with the dolphins but they were very skittish and we found it hard to be able to interact with them as they were constantly on the more and the water was a little more choppier than it was with the sea lions, nonetheless we still had a great time with them. Alan and Mick are just fantastic and so caring about these animals and they showed us by their own interaction with them. They are amazing hosts and made sure we were all safe and looked after whilst in the water! Thank you so much gents it was very much appreciated for sure!! This trip I would thoroughly recommend to anyone to do as you will regret it if you don't!!

Date of experience: November 2020