See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 April 2018

The location is at the entrance of the city if you come from CDMX of Veracruz. But the hotel is far away from Puebla downtown and Angelopolis, if you plan to visit or work on those places, this is the wrong location.
I did my reservation with the ICHotels app and the price per night was US$82 for 4 adults and taxes included. The rack tariff at the hotel is 210 plus taxes, i.e.: plus 16% IVA. The breakfast Mexican buffett goes the same, if you pay at the moment of making the reservation with the app the price per person is US$8, if you pay at the hotel the cost is US$14.
The pool is awesome and the service at both the restaurants is great. As usual the room is bigger than any Holiday Inn and its design is neat, a little bit kind of zen.
The weird stuff: there is no dryer in the room's bathroom, I asked and they told me this hotel has no dryers in room. Above my shower was an empty hole where I could stare at the water pipes, they are green, I really don't care, but this was strange. Finally, I tried to take a shower twice after midnight and there was no hot water.

Room Tip: Reserven con la app de ICHotels.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Erika H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Crowne Plaza Puebla, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Mr. Andres S.

We value and respect your comments, thank you very much for your comments. Our proximity to the highway allows our guests to move anywhere in the City, Angelópolis and the Historic Center is between 15 and 20 minutes, 5 to 10 minutes from the main companies and industrial area of ​​the City.
 On the other hand one of the advantages of booking through our reservation center is the weekend promotional rates, packages with breakfast included, as well as exclusive rates for members of the IHG Rewarsd ​​Club Loyalty Program, our rack rate is the fee Normal charged for the hotel based solely by night and occupation, it is not considered any promotion or package.

We would love to get more information about the date and the room that you occupied in order to review it and determine the pertinent action, please contact me at the following email atencionaclientes@crownepuebla.com.

It is important to mention that our rooms are equipped with elements such as the dryer, iron among others.

In advance, I offer you sincere apologies for the inconveniences presented by your stay with us, we intend to correct these faults.

We appreciate your feedback, it is very valuable, rest assured that your comments will be taken into account.

We will keep an eye on your information.

We want to have the opportunity to have your information and especially with the opportunity to change your experience.

We will keep an eye on your information.

Sincerely

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

The facilities and the cleaning is great, unfortunately most of the staff is learning and they don’t have a coach. The front desk person leave 3 times to attend someone else because I go to the ATM, no recognition of IHG member and the bartender denied service because he “don’t know if is closed “ and ask me to go to my room and call for service.
Do not leave your new staff alone!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Erika H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Crowne Plaza Puebla, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Appreciable Benjamín H.

We thank you infinitely for the time you have invested in sharing your comments about your past stay with us.

Your feedback is very valuable, of course they will be taken into account and those details will be corrected.

We hope that this does not affect your preference and we continue counting on your preference.

Regards,

Customer Service Manager.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

I have never been treated like this . In March, 2017 I made 9 different reservations (guaranteed with 2 credit card numbers) for staying in November 2017, each being confirmed and emailed back by the Hotel with a confirmation number ( 61887807, 61887791
61887806, 61887760, 63150870, 63150888
63150927,63150919 , 63150957 )
Last friday your people from the Hotel in puebla sent us an email saying that they tried to make another "credit card authorization" (even when they had already done it in the frist place, when I initially made my reservation) and supposedly both credit cards were declined, so they cancelled our reservations without contacting us.
We contacted American Express, and they said that this is not true. They have no records of your hotel trying to get any authorization for my credit card, any attempt for any charges or any decline from Amex to your Hotel.
we were affected from coming to your hotel on those soecific dates and they cancelled all of our 9 ALREADY CONFIRMED reservations. And as I said, we called amex to prove those charges attempts were never made or any type of authorization request or or declines or any intention to charge anything were ever made to any of the credit cards that were held on file for the 9 reservations.
This was clearly a fraud.
An attenpt to try to cancel my reservations that I had already confirmed with a low rate and take them away from me to allocate to higher rates.
I even asked the hotel to send me proof of the declined voucher from Amex and they just sent me a voucher with the last 4 digits of my credit card.
But I told them that they could have intentionally have made an authorization with different numbers on the first digits of my credit card and just making sure that the last digits were the same from my credit card in order to intenionally have a declined voucher with only the last digits of my credit card matching. The hotel manager told me she would send another document with all of my credit card numbers and she never did. She never sent back anything else.
I will be publiciting and posting this because I know they are reselling my rooms at a higher rate and this is illegal practices because they are taking our reservarions away from us with lies. I am amazed on how you can let anyone use your image and brand doing this kind of things . Because I have proof that you confirmed every single room with a number and email to me reading "CONFIRMED RESERVATIONS". And also that you didn't even tried to charge it so that's a bug fraud. I was a huge fan of your hotels! Well, not any more!!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 7 September 2017

Good evening, LucyDRG

Crowne Plaza Puebla, is a great institution so under no circumstances would we lend ourselves to perform any activity that will affect in any way any of our clients.
As it is a policy in all hotels, a check must be made to the card number granted at the time of booking to ensure that they have sufficient funds to cover the amount of such reservation, however, this time for consideration to guests We did not do it from the time of reservation. Due to the date of arrival, the verification of the card number was performed, unfortunately for the clients it was declined, as this situation was notified and even alternatives were offered.
 For security of all establishments and customers, only the last four digits of the cards are printed.
We are very sorry that we can not offer you any other alternative than the ones offered.

Regards

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We were fortunate to find this brand new hotel in Puebla. We stayed a couple of weeks and it was hard to leave at the end of our stay. The staff is incredible!! Professional, warm, and always willing and ready to help. The hotel is modern and well taken care of with beautiful rooms and outdoor space. The pool has two jacuzzis and is partially covered making it useful rain or shine. The food is excellent as is the gym and the spa. We could not have hoped for more. It was fantastic and we will definitely be back again!! We would also like to say thank you to all of the staff.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 2 August 2017

Jackie

We were very pleased to read your comments, we are really happy to have fallen in love with our warm service and excellent facilities.

We thank you for your comments, our facilities and treatment, will be shared with our staff.

We will be waiting for your return with open arms.

Fondly

Customer Service Management

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Brand spanking new hotel.
The team is highly motivated and pumped.
Great food and drinks
State of the art rooms
Top notch hotel
Open and ready for business
Highly recommended
Very well decorated
Great management team, accesible and very concerned

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 29 July 2017

Appreciable Mr. Andrew

We are very happy to read your comment, perfectly described our service and facilities, it is very gratifying to know that your stay was unforgettable and we will be very happy to know of your soon return.

We reiterate our appreciation for the time you invested in making your comments through this medium.

We will be waiting for you !!