All reviewsbusiness tripheated poolhead conciergebig restaurantoffer complimentaryexecutive flooravenida juarezanother guestgreat propertyroom servicebit datedmain restaurantother hotelsdowntown pueblarooms are bigvalet parkinggym
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

I was in this hotel for two nights and I enjoyed the service, the people and the hotel. Only negative point is the lack of isolation in the wall, so you can hear too easily the noise of another guest. There are two restaurant, with good food. The breakfast is typical Mexican, I liked it. I will probably come back.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Trusted this hotel because being “in relative” with the big brother in Mexico City (at least it’s what I now GUESS after my experience)!

Huge mistake.

The whole hotel is worn out (who cares if the Reception Hall looks good, as some of the reviews point out?? Am I maybe gonna stay in the reception area during my stay???!), and the level of cleanliness is poor to say the last.

Forget about communication: nobody speaks english, and when they do, be sure of total misunderstandings on anything u might ask.

Breakfast is very local-oriented (where’s the “intercontinental-ity”) and if u want an omelette or scrambled eggs u’ll need to order that apart! Haha what a joke! Even a bread toaster is missing, and u’ll have to ask them to do it for you (with the result your food, meanwhile, will geet cold).

Waiters asked so many times for the bill EVEN WHEN I WAS STILL EATING: I mean seriously?!?

The general impression we all had (I was there with a number of colleagues) is that they hired ppl “last minute” cuz they knew they were gonna have a pretty packed situation being the weekend a busy one in town due to a Festival.

Totally clueless on what they were doing or asking.

Oh, fun thing: my minibar (I had the Governador Suite) was total empty but the menu of what it had to contain was there!
Obviously I called and asked to fill it up (together with blankets for my bed cuz for some weird reason they were missing), but nobody did anything about it.

To conclude with: called room service at 22:30: “sorry Sir, no hamburgers left. Only pizza!”

Sigh.

Never ever ever again!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Hi Cristiano G,

Thank you for taking time to leave us your thoughts. I recognize your stay was not 100% satisfactory because of the service and the tired condition of the property. IHG values your experience with our hotels and I'm sorry for the letdown. To ensure that nothing is missed, I sent you a direct message.

I am glad that you were pleased with the lobby. We'd like your stays to be the best it can be. Again, thank you for choosing our hotel!

Hope to hear from you soon,

Anna B
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

I️ went again to the Hotel and was happy with there staff .. there give me access to the lounge, there saying you not have an automatic access even you are a sphere member .., the rooms are ok nothing special..

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2017

The hotel is an old property but this should not affect your stay here. The rooms are decent. The cleanliness is decent. Every room has a balcony. We got ours with a view towards popocatepetal. However, could not catch the view as it was cloudy. The bed is nice, soft and comfortable. The hotel has a heated pool which was good but the service for the towel took some time. But we can ignore that. overall a beautiful hotel to stay in at a reasonable cost.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor with a view of popocatepetal
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2017

This hotel has an excellent standard, as I already posted.
However, there is an aspect I must point out, which can be very annoying: the constant “pro-tip” attitude of some waiters.
All staff are very nice and friendly, but there seems to be a ubiquitous and constant attitude towards tipping (the word for tip in Mexico is “propina”, so that you are familiar with what I am posting).
A specific example is what happens during breakfast. I always book my room with breakfast. This means, when I check in, I receive “breakfast-tickets” for my entire stay. In the breakfast-tickets, the following information is included: name and surname, date, room number, and my signature.
When I arrive at the breakfast room, I deliver the breakfast-ticket to the waiters. Still, when I leave, they insist to make me sign a bill, where I need to write down my name, my room number, and sign it… this is redundant. Once I asked one of the waiters the reason for this, the answer was:
“You can give us a tip, sir”.
Thus, the whole purpose of the bill-signing process is just to tip them…
I have explained the waiter that I have the breakfast included in my stay, and that I help myself of everything, therefore I see no reason to leave any tip.
For your better understanding: this hotel has a self-service buffet, where you help yourself of everything. I am a very independent person, and like to take care of myself. This is the normal standard in Europe and I am used to it. Of course, the waiters will always offer themselves to serve you coffee, or get you “anything else”. Which I do not need to accept, since the buffet is so generous, that I can get everything myself. Still, the waiters come repeatedly to the client’s table, and ask every five minutes if “everything is OK?” and “can I bring you anything else?”…
In one of the days (it was already after the short dialogue mentioned above), as I was leaving the breakfast room, a waiter came ridiculously crossing the breakfast lounge running after me, to get the bill signed and hoping to get his tip…
Please stop this procedure! It is very annoying and sad. A hotel of your category does not need to promote this culture among waiters. Pay them a bit more, in order to relieve them from the pressure of constantly trying to be tipped.

Room Tip: If you don't like to travel by lift ask a room in ground floor (no stairs between levels except the emergency exits).
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business