“Beautiful and so relaxing!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Shepherd's Delight

Himalayan balsam keeps the bees busy in the summer. Bluebells in May.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Himalayan balsam keeps the bees busy in the summer.
Bluebells in May.
Cosy even in the snow.
The entrance to your own woodland.
The outdoor wood burning hot tub an amazing experience any time of year.
Cosy wood burner keeps you warm in the winter.
Our friendly alpacas just after being shawn.
Our 5 acre field.
The alpacas at sunrise in the autumn.
Luxurious bedlinen and an alpaca fleece duvet-a good night's sleep is imperative.
The composting toilet and washstand.
Try the unique experience of the steaming outdoor shower or use the guests only shower in our home.
Shepherd's Delight.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Tracey E
Wirral
“Beautiful and so relaxing!”
Reviewed 14 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Just got back from an amazing weekend spent at the shepherds hut for my husbands birthday. The owner Jo is so friendly and has literally thought of everything you could possibly need or want to make your stay perfect. She had even baked my husband a birthday cake which was a lovely touch. The hut itself is so cosy and all the little Quirky touches really are lovely. The hot tub is fab too and my husband made it his job to get the fire going to heat the water up! I would definitely recommend visiting you won't be disappointed.

toni20060...
“Unique Romantic Break”
Reviewed 21 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We have just returned from a 3 night stay for our wedding anniversary and I am completely in love with the place. We arrived on Friday and met Jo to check in, Jo was friendly and informative and told us all we needed to know about our stay. The Hut is off grid so some instruction is needed on how to survive without gas and electricity (unless battery powered or from a can). Jo has provided everything you need to get by from equipment to cook on the fire pit outdoors or the stove inside, to torches and pretty battery powered fairy lights to make the place look pretty at dark.
So many small touches add to the experience and really make you love your stay even more. The welcome message and anniversary gift of a cotton reel (2nd anniversary) were a lovely personal touch. As were the lovely breakfast supplies delivered each day.
I loved waking early in the morning and wrapping up in the ponchos and blankets and snuggling on the hammock to read my book. It was never long before cocky the resident pheasant came wanting his breakfast too and I more than obliged letting him take the nuts from my hand.
Evenings are beautiful, we spent ours sitting in the hot tub watching the wildlife all around us, we watched bats in the trees above and even a couple of owls.
My husband loved the place as much maybe more than me. He loved his duty of keeping the fire going and the job of fetching fallen twigs from the woodland to chop and burn.
We have booked to stay next year already and we cannot wait.
Please don't change a thing Jo the place is perfect!

Management Response
22 Jun 2016
Don't worry Toni-think I've got to the place where I'm happy with everything! No changes planned! Looking forward to seeing you again next year.
Toonman76
“Absolutely stunning back to nature break”
Reviewed 13 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

My wife booked this as a surprise to me for our wedding anniversary and we were simply blown away! Jo's attention to detail is fantastic. The hut is quaint, chic, comfy and homely. Dinner by the fire pit is just perfection and watching the sun go down while drinking wine in the hot tub is everything you could want. Waking up on a morning and opening the door to be greeted by Cocky (the pheasant) and his ladies wanting there breakfast is great. Simply the most relaxing weekend break we have ever had. Highly recommend to anyone and can't wait to go back for our anniversary next year (all ready booked)
Thanks for everything, see you soon

sarahhopk...
York, United Kingdom
“Perfect weekend”
Reviewed 13 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

Absolutely amazing place... really cosy and everything you could ever want. Feels like you're a million miles from anywhere in your own little perfect world. Jo has thought of everything and we really couldn't have asked for more... blankets to sit round the fire pit, ponchos, a lovely breakfast hamper and the most thoughtful little anniversary gift left for us. It rained all weekend and we still had the best time ever. LOVED every minute! Enjoyed the pheasants joining us for breakfast too :) and already booked to go back next year!

Watts53
South Yorkshire
“Perfect Birthday celebrations”
Reviewed 11 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Jo was very helpful on arrival explaining how things worked and where to visit locally. The weather was kind to us and we had a great time at a great location. Have told many of our friends about it so hope you get more visitors. The icing on the cake was that Jo had made a banana cake ( My Favourite ) a great treat for my birthday. Would definitely return at some time. Cheers JO.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing