My husband and I stayed four nights at Marquis in November. It was our second visit.
I wrote a review about the food, rooms or whatever after the first visit, so this time I'd like to write a review focusing on the entertainments.
I stayed total ten nights including our first visit in this summer, so I experienced most of their entertainment activities. All of activities are enjoyable and fun, of course, but I'll just pick up some impressive activities.
1. Beach Walk: Our first time visit was in August, so it was pretty hot even in the morning. The weather in November was much more comfortable than August, so I really enjoyed walking every morning, and also chatting. With whom? With the entertainment staffs!
Fernando (entertainment manager) always pays attention to me and also gives consideration to me. Whenever I (and my husband) go walk beach, he assigned someone in the entertainment staffs to go with me to have fun. Thanks to Fernando, I can get more information from the staff not only about other activities or special events, also about their lives or preferences or whatever. When I go with other visitors together, we can have a fun talk with walking and watching beautiful sea.
This is just walking, but occasionally it becomes a function as a place for social interaction. How wonderful!
Not only this case, I really appreciate Fernando's kindness and consideration. I'm looking forward to seeing him again!
2. Beach Volleyball : I joined this activity just two times ( though I wanted to play more!) because of the short stay in November. I took part in a group after coming back from walking. Actually, I really enjoyed some games with other visitors and entertainment staffs. The combination of walking beach and playing Volleyball in a row brought my weight loss! Thanks a lot!!!!
3. Aqua Gym : This is one of my favorite activities. Instructors (Karina, Mario) are so powerful and energetic person, so everyone regardless of any age can enjoy it.
4. Rifle Shooting, Archery: I joined these activities in August. I had never experienced using rifle or archery until then, but Fernando told me how to play it kindly and neatly. I was able to enjoy doing these activities despite my poor and sadly score.
Especially rifle shooting was popular among the visitors, so it was always crowded with many people. The more attractive thing is that a winner can get a prize. Try it.
5. Cooking class : Ceviche!! This is the best Mexican food for me, and luckily, this is the great opportunity to learn how to cook! Needless to say, we have to be careful of that yellow guy (= habanero pepper)! Just a tiny slip of that yellow guy makes you blow fire out from your mouth.
6. Bar Hopping : This entertainment was totally different from what I expected. That was unknown world for me. If you like dancing with very loud volume, you should go and enjoy.
In my case, I have to keep sensitive ears for my work and hoppy, so I was so afraid of being in that loud situation for many hours. I think I should have asked about the details of this event.
I've just remembered one more activity, which is "Mini Golf." When my husband and I went to the central beach to play mini golf a little late, the manager of the entertainment, Fernando, and other visitors were playing other activity. Unfortunately we couldn't do it in a short while, but after he finished playing with visitors, he had set up for mini golf only for us. Although time was not as in the timetable, we enjoyed it with him a lot. This activity is a kind of tournament, so we were so excited! We very thanked him for his flexible and impromptu manner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marquis Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort & Spa offering all of the privileges of adults-only, Unlimited-Luxury(R) for the first time on the scenic Baja Peninsula. At Marquis Los Cabos, guests can enjoy handsomely appointed suites with world-class amenities, 24 hour romantic in-suite dining, exciting daytime beach, land and pool activities, nightly entertainment, gourmet a la carte dining without reservations, complimentary international and domestic brand beverages and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Marquis Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Marquis Los Cabos Hotel
- Marquis Los Cabos Resort
- Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa San Jose Del Cabo, Mexico