Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Misiones del Cabo(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Sunrock Condo Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
The Cape, a Thompson Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Los Patios Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
3,592 results
All reviewslas mariaslos riscosel patiola trajineraphase poolel edentequila barphase iiactivities directorinfinity poolall inclusive packagetime shareall inclusive planshuttle servicecart driversgolf cartfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Love:
The decor, how clean it is, the incredible views from the front building, the employees are so nice and it appears to be very genuine. Nancy at the front desk was very helpful. It is so homey here we did not want to leave. Love the theme nights they had, the retro show was great. The firepit at night, with a guitar player singing good songs next to the firepit and the little bar all lit up next to the firepit-just too awesome.So cozy and charming. We own a studio here but wish we had a one bedroom.

Negatives:
At check in they tried to get us to pay a $11 per day fee to help pay the security workers. We were staying for 17 days and this would have been alot of money. It was sort of presented like we had to do it. My husband flat said no and then they backed off and said it was optional.
While we were there someone ate lunch at one of the pools and charged about $36 to our room and another night someone ate at Las Marias and spent like $86 and charged it to our room. They could not produce any receipts for this. Room numbers and names need to be more private. Like when I bought something at the grocery store on site they asked my room number and then he looked us up in the computer and said our full name back to us. Well the people in line behind us then had our room number and our full name. They could then charge anything to our room. Good news: we told them that we did not charge those items and they took it off with no hassle. Don't wait until check out to deal with your bill. Look at your bill a few days prior to check out so if there are issues you can take care of it.
Internet: Sometimes it worked good, sometimes it was sooo slow, other times I would have to re-connect like every 5 minutes. I was working there alot-one day what should have taken me 5-10 minutes took like 1 1/2 hours.

Feedback to Hacienda Encantada:
1)The front pool got a little crowded-some days we coud not find chairs. If you brought in more sand to the beach area below and put like 20 chairs down there it would be awesome. We would have sat down there at the beach every day enjoying the views.
2) Get better internet
3) My husband says get more American T-V channels (I dont think that is important)
4) More reasonable spa prices would keep your spa mroe crowded and you would make more money

Warning: I would not take small kids here because there are alot of retaining walls set up to capture the views with no railings and huge drop offs on the other side. For adults and older kids just fine or if you watch your kids like a hawk, but small kids running around playing in a few areas could easily be hurt. The balconies seem safe off the rooms and the pool that is open right now, the one not next to the ocean looks very safe for kids.

P.S. We felt very safe in Cabo. We ven took an 1.5 hour drive to Todos Santos and walked around the adorable town there and we never encountered anything that made us feel unsafe. Everywhere we went we felt safe and were treated nicely by all the locals.

6  Thank AlaskansNeedtotravel
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We have been back from vacation now a week, and now we have chance to comment on our stay. As an owner, I was really disappointed to see that the HE was being run like a hotel!!! The food at the restaurant and the service is poor!!! When we bought the timeshare, we were told this would not turn into a hotel!!! We look forward to returning every year, hopefully it will not be a hotel next time. I would like to suggest, that the owners should have special deals, may be give us a 20% diamond card, and use of the phase 1 pool only and everyone else uses phase II. We have put a lot on $$ into the HE, and have certainly enjoy it, but PLEASE WATCH THE STANDARDS!

2  Thank Karen T
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I was expectation a 5 star resort and this was not it. Yes it was fine as a good 4 star. Started off at the check in with a person that never smiled, there was no friendly greeting. The suite was nice but not great , The staff friendliness was spotty, having already spent 2 weeks at another resort where every person had a smiling greeting I was disappointed in the overall reception.
The pools were lovely, But the infinity pool lower down was always crowded, this was because it was the one with the view of the ocean. This place has no beach. The frontage is rocks, rocks ,rocks.

Room Tip: Lots of rooms have no ocean view
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My DH and I just got back from a 6 day/5 night stay at this resort via LivingSocial. We had been to Cabo before, and had an absolutely delightful time. We were looking forward to enjoying this beautiful hotel only to have a truly horrible experience. One that left my husband and I saying we want a do-over!

Let me get the Pros out of the way...since there are few and it won't take me long. The grounds and scenery are breathtaking. And the cart guys are extremely helpful and kind.

And now the Cons:

The food here is HORRENDOUS! With our LivingSocial deal, we got the buffet breakfast free. I don't think it mattered that we were there on a deal, b/c everyone was eating this buffet. The food was nearly unpalatable. Gray scrambled eggs and sausage that looked and tasted days old. We also had "a romantic dinner" for two as part of the LivingSocial deal. Holy crap, what a joke!!! We were told we had to make a reservation for said dinner, b/c there was a set menu. The concierge said "any night will be ok, just let me know what time you'd like to have dinner". We made our reservation, and a few nights later, walked in expecting...I don't know...SOME kind of recognition that we were there for a ROMANTIC dinner. They stuck us in the middle of a crowded restaurant. No romantic view, or tucking us away in a corner. The set menu didn't look nearly as appealing as the normal menu. Apparently, we chose the same night as a wedding, and I can only assume the kitchen was in over their heads trying to keep up with the wedding and the restaurant, b/c it took us nearly an hour to get our food. People were complaining and leaving all around us. Our food came out, and my steak was over-cooked, but my baked potato wasn't cooked thru at all (and it was supposed to be mashed potatoes according to the menu). My husband's salmon was basically raw. At our "romantic" dinner, we were presented with a bill...for a bottled water my husband asked for. Really? we have to pay $3.00 for water when your horrible service and poor food quality generally would warrant a meal, dessert, or some other sort of compensation. Just wow!

We were turned away when we showed up to eat at their "nice" restaurant, Las Trajinera, b/c we weren't wearing long pants. I was wearing dress shorts with heels, and my husband was wearing linen shorts with sandals. I felt we were dressed appropriately for being at a beach resort.

Ok, next thing...be prepared to wait for EVERYTHING. If you're looking to eat soon, go to the minimarket and grab a snack b/c wait times are long. Want some coffee? It'll be about 5 mins. Want a cocktail? It'll be about 15 mins. This also Includes dealing with the front desk and even the shuttle service (which we had to wait 15 mins for when we had a dinner reservation in town to go to).

The toiletries are sub-par. There's not even conditioner, and the shampoo is cheap and wrecks your hair.

Lastly, triple check all charges. We were first presented with a bill that was double what we actually owed. $600 in incorrect charges. We had to go receipt by receipt, and after we agreed on a correct amount, they STILL overcharged my credit card. I had to point this out to them, and it took another 15 mins to remedy the situation.

We could not wait to leave this place. It was like we were cursed from the moment we got there until the moment we left. The funny thing is they asked us to write a review on TripAdvisor at the end of our checkout. Well, here's your review!!!!! If you're looking to stay here, just trust me, look elsewhere. We had a wonderful at the Casa Dorada and both agreed that when we come back to Cabo (b/c Cabo is great, and we DO enjoy visiting), we'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Go someplace else
9  Thank Erin J
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My First visit to Hacienda Encantada I was awe struck to find myself at the perfect place where the Baja’s desert meets the Sea of Cortez. A short distance from Cabo, this beachfront Resort is a true place to unwind, relax and enjoy a wonderful Mexican vacation.
I was pleased with the cozy Traditional Mexican Hacienda style accommodations with modern décor, set in one of the most picturesque and tranquil settings amidst the mysterious Baja.
At nearby Chilano Beach I wander along the coastline and felt as if I was in my own world. Ecstatically, I discover hidden coves, went shell hunting, enjoyed the surf, snorkel and swam in the deep blue Sea of Cortez. At the resort,relaxing in the infinity pool I enjoyed the pool side food & beverage service and the magnificent cliff views of the ocean. There is no swimmable beach at the resort, but the spectacular rock formations are wonderful to look at. From my own private terrace, the breathtaking sunrise views, as well as golden sunsets over the world famous Land’s End arch was a photographer’s paradise.
Hacienda Encantada amenities include the adult/kids pool, whirlpool, and green putt area. With Several restaurants to choose from, I enjoyed Las Marias Restaurant and Bar, a Mexican food restaurant with paintings and murals paying tribute to the women of Mexico, it is one of the most romantic restaurants in Cabo. Other outlets include several restaurants, a snack bar, supermarket/drug store, and two panoramic view terraces perfect places to enjoy Sunrise and Sunsets. The resort does offer as an option “All Inclusive or Daily Breakfast”
I much preferred staying at the calm and relaxing Hacienda Encantada and taking the shuttle to Marina Fiesta their sister resort in town. I would suggest a car rental for the week for more than 2 people. Near-by by activities include Golf at the adjacent Cabo Del Sol course (rated number One in Latin America), sport fishing, scuba diving, snorkeling, Sandy beach, Zip-Lining or you can enjoy the famous Cabo San Lucas nightlife just a short, ten minute trip from the resort. Enjoy, relax, it’s your vacation!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo