Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
USD 172*
USD 162*
  • Pool
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
USD 398*
  • Breakfast included
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
USD 510*
USD 401*
  • Pool
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
USD 306*
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
USD 905*
USD 877*
Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos Beach Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
USD 464*
USD 378*
  • Pool
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
USD 330*
USD 261*
Melia.com
  • Pool
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
USD 345*
USD 325*
  • Pool
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
USD 610*
Hotels.com
USD 3,439*
3,661 results
All reviewslas mariaslos riscosel patiola trajineraphase poolel edentequila barphase iiactivities directorinfinity poolall inclusive packagetime shareall inclusive planshuttle servicecart driversgolf cartfree shuttle
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We just returned from the Hacienda Encantada in Cabo and could not be happier. Our stay was for one week and the resort was beautiful as was the weather. The service is prompt and every effort was made to make our group of seven very comfortable. This is a resort that I refert to as my "Eden". We cannot wait until vacation time next year to go back. I recomend the first phase bldg, fouth floor end unit for spectacular views and sea breezes. We were very impressed with the staff especially the resort manager Nahim Yitanti Ortega. He was very nice and runs a wonderful place....Bob and Diane

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We piggy-backed on our friend's timeshare trip this year along with 2 other couples, so we brought our own party with us. Very glad that we had a fun group as there was nothing happening at this resort other than the sheer beauty of the place...and that is considerable. The rooms are very nice with small kitchens, sitting area, good sized bathrooms, and a comfy bed. The views vary, of course, and ours opened onto one of the courtyards. Our patio had a partial ocean view with a little neck strain.
The humidity was pretty brutal during our trip with some evenings over 80% and most days in the 70's. Temps were 85-90, so I'm thinking July was a bad month for coming this far South. AC in the rooms and the ceiling fan worked great. The rooms were set up with auto shutoffs though so if there was no movement, the fans and lights turn off. I didn't care too much for that.
The hotel is built on a hill so it's a pretty good workout walking anywhere. The staff are happy to drive you around on golf carts, but I found it a bit of a pain to have to call for a ride somewhere. We usually just mountain-goated it up the hill. The staff was friendly over-all. No complaints. Restaurants were not anything special. We didn't go all-inclusive as it seemed $80/day was too steep. Drinks and food were pretty expensive, but you tend to expect that. There is a fridge in the room and we made a run to Wal-mart. Taxis are easy to get for rides anywhere and you can wheel and deal with them on the $$. There is a shuttle to the sister hotel down on the water, but the shuttle was $5/person and ends at 8PM. The one time we took it was the last as the air didn't work in the shuttle and I thought my wife was going to kill the driver. It's a bit of a pain to have to take a taxi or any ride into town, but there is zero nightlife at Hacienda Encantada. Perhaps when all the phases are complete, then there will be sufficient numbers of people to expand. The place is certainly set up to do anything they want. The bars are beautiful and the courtyards large. They did have some Mexican dancing, but it was pretty hokey to me.
The pools were really nice....Infinity pool is beautiful with a swim up bar. There isn't any beach access as the shoreline is rocky. The waves were crazy and you'd have to be even crazier to try to get into the ocean there. It's fun and relaxing to look at though. There are a couple of jacuzzis and kiddie pools. I didn't see too many kids, but there is also a kid's water park area. It looked like a small splash zone, but I didn't pay too much attention.
We did the timeshare presentation. They offered us pretty good incentives so we took the couple hours to eat breakfast and listen to the pitch. Pretty easy to say no. We got 4 free booze cruises along with some other discount stuff.
There is free wifi in the rooms, but it's pretty slow. Better than nothing. My wife got a spa treatment and wasn't too impressed. The gal who did her facial didn't speak any English at all, so she couldn't talk to her about anything. My wife said that the facial ended up being more of a massage, which is not what she wanted.
Overall, I'm thinking it would be worth another trip, but I'd wait 5 years until Phase 3 is done. We like more of a party though. If you're looking for quiet, then maybe you'd like it the way it is. Pass on July though as it was too hot and humid.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank woonyboy
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We are still here for a few more days on our vacation and are very glad we decided to stay at the Hacienda Encantada. I traded this through Interval International and ended up with a large 1BR 2BA residence in Phase 2 with an ocean view.
The CONS: There is no beach access. The water is too rough and if you walk on the beach, there are many rocks around that do not make it easily accesible to lay out and get in the water. Also, there is no nightlife here unless you bring it. Everything closes early!

The PROS: The pools and poolside bars are great! The infinity pool gives you ocean views and is very relaxing. The staff is wonderful. They could not be any nicer. I have traveled all over the world to many resorts and really feel that the staff here is top notch! The restaurants here are okay. There is really nothing special about the food. The price and quality is what you would expect. The resort thus far has not been very crowded which is great if you are trying to relax. There is no need to arrive at the pool hours before you want to be there so that you can get a chair. The activities director (Fernand) is very friendly and I must admit, I am a bit envious of his job. The rooms are very spacious and housekeeping does all of our dishes in addition to the normal upkeep.

This has been our first time to Cabo and so far we have had a wonderful experience! I definitely would like to come back and would try and stay here!

On a side note, the timeshare stuff is a bit pushy when you arrive. It's no worse than any other place. When they tell you that it takes 90 minutes of your time, there is a lot of truth to that. I am an owener of 2 other resorts. The financial benefits of doing their presentation here was great. We got about a 50% discount or more on activities outside the resort (ziplining, scuba, dinner cruise, etc).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mikeshamokin
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Recently visited the Hacienda Encantada. We own with the Marriott and have been to many timeshares. This place is very nice. It is quiet. If you are looking for activity, this is not the place. I am used to going to Timeshare resorts and being asked if would do a presentation. Every resort I have been to have been nice when you say no. Usually they ask at check in and then again during the week of your stay. This resort my family and I were "ATTACKED" as we were waiting for our car to be brought up. The lady was literally in my face nose to nose trying to pressure us into a presentation. I had to make a loud scene for her to finally back away. Then she said "I am just trying to do my job". My response was "we are just trying to enjoy our vacation and if people enjoy their vacation here they will want to come back...not because you get in their face and try to intimidate them". We heard them asking people person questions about their 401K's and bank accounts and people who were stupid enough to tell them! Again, pretty esort but the timeshare presentation was more than annoyance. I am not sure if I would ever go back there again. Also, all-includsive rate was $80/night per person regarless of age. WAY OVER PRICED!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2011

We had 2 families totaling 8 people stay in a 2-bedroom 3 full bath suite in Phase 1 from June 18-29. We had comfortable accommodations and did not feel cramped in at all. In fact, it's very spacious, the biggest suite we've stayed in. We especially love the beautiful room decorations which reminds us we are in Mexico, not in a "modern" hotel room. We are owners since 2007 and we saw some additions to the resort. The new entrance is gorgeous and grand and the paved road was a welcome surprise! We arrived late at night but the staff from the valet/bell boys to the reception staff made it easy for us to get into our room to get our much needed rest. We woke up to great views of the ocean and we started the day getting a few stuff at the mini-market on the first floor to make breakfast. Later we walked around the resort to familiarize ourselves with the additions. They have a small spa that I did not use this time so I cannot comment on it. They also have a small "temporary" gym in Phase II. I was later told by sales staff that construction of the 20,000 sq. ft. spa/gym overlooking the ocean will start in 6 months and be completed 18 months later. I asked about a bbq grill and they said phase III will have lots of bbq grills. They also said they are trying to get a beach area in front of the resort but there has been lots of oppositions to this - I hope to see this materialize in the near future. I was also glad to see a laundry room so we don't have to pack so much clothes. It cost $4 each wash/dry and you bring/buy your own soap/softener. They had a great kid's area in phase II with a water park, playground, wading pool. My neice and nephews ages 4,5 and 7 had a blast! My sister and brother in law, who spent their first time here, said the pictures online does not do justice to how beautiful and breathtaking HE is! My sister said she this place is AMAZING! We all attended the Tuesday Night Social that starts at 6 p.m. You must go to this. They had free drinks and appetizers, shows, and games with prizes. Later, my sister and I played blackjack for prizes. We had a great time! Speaking of a great time, the activities coordinator Fernand is wonderful! He went around greeting everyone and encourages people to join their activities. He was great with the kids. My nephews Bryce and Ryland liked him so much, Bryce went to the store and offered Fernand some of his Twix chocolate bar. Thank you Fernand for putting lots of smiles and laughter on our faces! We also like that they have entertainment almost every night. I didn't get his name but the entertainer who sings almost every night at phase II reminds me of my dad so he was soooo wonderful. They also have themed entertainment at night which I was very happy to see. All in all, we had a wonderful experience and can't wait to come back. The staff were very nice and are happy to assist us. The grounds are well-kept.

Room Tip: Buy a timeshare here
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family