“The best.”

Redrum Sportfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: We are an American owned and operated charter company that has been operating with local crews for 15 years. From Pangas, to cruisers, to sportfishers, to luxury yachts, we have a boat for every budget. We were tourist anglers like you, and after many trips to Cabo we decided we had to come down and try to make a dream a reality. Being in your shoes for many years, we know what the our clients are looking for and expect when they come join us for a day on the water. If you've gotten this far in your research you know this sport isn't cheap. While we aren't the cheapest, nor the most expensive, we feel like we provide the absolute best value for your dollar. There are a lot of costs that come with trying to make sure you have a great day on the water and without top of line gear, electronics, and well kept boats you don't stand a chance out there. We are a small family operation and we enjoy getting to know our customers on a personal level. Come give us a shot and we'll show you the Team RedRum difference.
Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The best.”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

These guys will give you the best fishing experience Cabo has to offer. We brought home tons of tuna. They did a great job filleting and freezing the fish. Very happy customers.

2 Thank pinklady01

Laurel, Montana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“One again - Excellent!”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

My family came to Cabo for Christmas with one major requirement, fish with Redrum again! I have fished with Redrum for years and they never fail to impress. On the morning of the 23rd, after getting all set up by Tiffany, we met up with Captain Ramon and Mate Juan and could see the excitement in their faces when I told them we were hoping to catch Tuna. And catch Tuna we did! Well, we did after working hard on the way out after a Marlin we spotted. Unfortunately, it wouldn't take our bait, but we continued on and were able to fins a huge school of porpoise and tuna. My parents had never caught tuna before and each caught 3. My son and I also boated 4 and 3. We lost a few, but that's fishing. Ramon and Juan worked hard to keep us in the school and stayed busy keeping the boat clean and us comfortable when we weren't fighting fish.

Day 2 was the 26th and we told Ramon that we would like to get Grandma Nancy a Marlin. We worked hard again, but just couldn't locate any. Mid morning, Ramon spotted some porpoises and asked if we would like to go try for Tuna. We did! It was a smaller school and not quite as developed as the first day, but we still managed to boat 3 yellowfins and a skip jack. Slower fishing day but still a great way to spend a day.

On our way into the harbor, we fed our remaining bait to the birds and sea lions. A harbor favorite, a sea lion nicknamed Poncho, climbed up on the swim platform and looked like he was having a deep discussion with my dad and son. What a great way to end a great day.

I know Redrum will be on the top of the list next time we get back to Cabo, thanks Redrum!

Honsie

1 Thank Duane H
Northwest
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great Fishing Trip”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

First, there's Tiffany. What a great person! Funny, informative and very willing to help. Then the owner - hey, anyone from TCU has to be great. The captain and mate were excellent. My brother and I took a trip for blue marlin. On the way we caught 4 dorados and a wahoo, saw whales tail slap, breach and pectoral fin slap. All that in just the first two hours. We then raced to where it looked like a bait ball was forming. Some hits but no hooks. Sadly, never did hook a marlin but the day was great, the captain and mate very helpful and knowledgeable. The captain worked the area well. There were marlin out there - I saw one jump in the distance and spied a couple of tails surface. Boat was clean, well maintained, shade when you needed it, fast, crew helpful and spoke english well enough, they got us on top of the fish, were focused on getting fish in the boat and making it a memorable experience. As an added plus we had an extra deck hand - Mario, an intern with lots of experience, fluent english and great stories. (Redrum you need to find a place for this lad.) I'd definitely consider using Redrum again. And, I'd get the breakfast burrito Tiffany recommended too.

2 Thank PeowCat
Moraga, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Fishing Experience!”
Reviewed 16 December 2011

After speaking with a few different Sportsfishing companies (and one that had a particularly insane lady), I called Ryan at Redrum and made my reservation for a half-day of fishing the week of Thanksgiving. We arrived at 6:30am for our allotted time and was introduced to our captain Manuel and his first mate Edgar. We took a 28' boat out, picked up live bait and headed out to the open sea. Within the first 2 hours we caught 4 Mahi Mahi (also known as Dorado because of their golden color when they come out) which was our limit. Manuel, the captain, then said we were going for Marlin and they changed up the baits etc. These guys took us way out and we actually had 2 Marlin on the lines but lost them after a bit of a fight. I can tell you they worked very hard to try and give us the best experience. Manuel had these eagle eyes that would hone in on where he would see a marlin jump and he'd turn the boat in that direction to try and catch one. It actually felt like we were hunting fish! Edgar the first mate worked really hard and was running around the boat making sure everything was done right and clean. They were a great team. As an extra added bonus, we saw schools of dolphin that swam right next to the boat which was a lot of fun.

At the end of the half day, we got back around noon and I can say we were tired but very happy. We laughed because Edgar was feeding the pelicans the bait fish and a huge seal come onto the back of the boat begging for food like a dog would. I've never been that close to a seal but can say it was ridiculously cute. We took only 2 of the fish home with us and that alone was 35lbs of filets! We gave the other two to the captain as a thank you. For $3/fish you can get whatever you catch filleted and Ryan at Redrum will vacuum seal and freeze it for you to take with you on the airplane. We bought a cooler next door to them and just checked it as luggage when we left. It was easy as pie and we have our 30+ lbs of mahi in our freezer!

Redrum is not the cheapest nor the most expensive Sportsfishing company there in Cabo but I can tell you they are the best. They have a solid reputation and Ryan take great care of you. Next time we're back, we're going back out again with Redrum but will take the kids with us - they would have a blast! I would highly recommend Redrum Sportsfishing to anyone that wants the best of Cabo fishing!

Visited November 2011
3 Thank lololongan
Denair, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Avoid boat captain and helper begs for more tip money”
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Over all the captains helper is worthless he lost half of our bait by casting poorly, had lots of birds nest on the reel over spooled wasting time. Even he was a Crappy deck hand I tipped him then he starts asking for more money and wanted to take my fish. I was being harassed until one of the local shops owners ran him off. Over all the fishing experience was good the help was very poor recommend using another outfit called muncho loco these guys have great help.

22 Thank Tdelg00
RedRum_Sportfishing, Owner at Redrum Sportfishing, responded to this review, 14 December 2011
This doesn't quite sound like our guys, no Captain or Deckhand mentioned. I would love to know which boat you fished on and which one of my guys doesn't know how to cast bait without getting a birds nest. This one looks a little fishy to me.