See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We needed an extra night in Cabo,through reviews on trip advisor we stayed here. They apparently have changed managers, so breakfast was white bread and coffee, the pool was dirty, there was no bar tender at the pool as suggested.The only good thing is that it is close to the marina and lots of eating places.Maybe once the new management settles in things will pick up. Their web site as not been updated.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2011

My, my, my. I read a few other reviews before posting my own and I see where many people went to this Comfort Inn as they wanted a 'local experience.' I trust that was achieved. We couldn't get into our hotel-of-choice, so opted for this one. Since my life is spent travelling a good deal, I often stay at Comfort Inn/Suites, as the membership gives me good airline miles. We all know that Comfort Inn is today's equivalent of the Motel 6; basic, relatively clean, no-frills, and, well that's it. True to form, this Comfort Inn fits that bill.

When I walked into the room, I pictured that I would give this place a one-star review. The room was stark, cinder-block, drab, and did I stay stark? True to Mexico style, there were children and barking dogs outside the window, and doors that sound like those in prison when they close. Yet, the staff was friendly/helpful; the room was clean; the TV worked (watched the Saints game); the outlets worked; the room was mostly quiet at night; the neighborhood is safe; the major restaurants/shops are in walking distance; and the water got hot in the morning. The central courtyard also looks quite nice, with a large pool and many local plants/palms.

Even so, when you see that 3 stars represents 'Average,' keep in mind that my 3 stars for for Mexico-average, not USA-average.

There are a few things to complain about: a) I had to go into the hall to get internet reception; b) the heater/cooler/fan didn't work ... at all, and c) the morning breakfast downstairs consisted of coffee, white bread (and an adjacent toaster), and bananas; no hot/cold water, no tea, no ....

Would I go back? Not unless I was in a pinch. Would I discourage you from going there? Not necessarily. If you maintain an open attitude and remember where you are, you'll do fine. I'm sure you could do a lot worse, and for the flexible traveller, this place is mostly ok. Just glad to be back home.

Room Tip: The pool is central in the hotel, sdo it might get noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank alexanderphd
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I went down to Cabo as a single man who wanted to do some serious fishing. The Hotel is located 1 1/2 blocks from the marina and 2 1/2 blocks from the beach. Great local stores, bars and eateries. If you are looking for a "pampered" resort experience this is probably not the place for you. But if you want a place that is functional, reasonable and close to the action of Cabo then this is your place. Free breakfast (ham, eggs, toast, fruit, juices, coffee, etc) included.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank agentclear
Reviewed 20 February 2011

After 4 days at the Hilton resort, we were looking for some local flavor before we returned home. Our friends booked a room at a hotel on the marina for $179 a night. They had a view, however, we were never in our rooms. The staff at the Comfort Inn were great. This Inn is where the local business people stay. The rooms are simple and clean. 1 block off the main st. 5 min walk to the marina. We felt safe and welcomed. Our breakfast was made on the spot, traditional Mexican. The rate was the best, our car was safe and sound. If you are OK with simple , this is the spot. If you are high maintenance, do as our fiends did spend the $179 a night and return home with empty pockets. We got the best deal!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank zwasso
Reviewed 17 January 2011

Clean, remodeled and modern style rooms. We enjoyed the stay there.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple