See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 December 2011

My, my, my. I read a few other reviews before posting my own and I see where many people went to this Comfort Inn as they wanted a 'local experience.' I trust that was achieved. We couldn't get into our hotel-of-choice, so opted for this one. Since my life is spent travelling a good deal, I often stay at Comfort Inn/Suites, as the membership gives me good airline miles. We all know that Comfort Inn is today's equivalent of the Motel 6; basic, relatively clean, no-frills, and, well that's it. True to form, this Comfort Inn fits that bill.

When I walked into the room, I pictured that I would give this place a one-star review. The room was stark, cinder-block, drab, and did I stay stark? True to Mexico style, there were children and barking dogs outside the window, and doors that sound like those in prison when they close. Yet, the staff was friendly/helpful; the room was clean; the TV worked (watched the Saints game); the outlets worked; the room was mostly quiet at night; the neighborhood is safe; the major restaurants/shops are in walking distance; and the water got hot in the morning. The central courtyard also looks quite nice, with a large pool and many local plants/palms.

Even so, when you see that 3 stars represents 'Average,' keep in mind that my 3 stars for for Mexico-average, not USA-average.

There are a few things to complain about: a) I had to go into the hall to get internet reception; b) the heater/cooler/fan didn't work ... at all, and c) the morning breakfast downstairs consisted of coffee, white bread (and an adjacent toaster), and bananas; no hot/cold water, no tea, no ....

Would I go back? Not unless I was in a pinch. Would I discourage you from going there? Not necessarily. If you maintain an open attitude and remember where you are, you'll do fine. I'm sure you could do a lot worse, and for the flexible traveller, this place is mostly ok. Just glad to be back home.

Room tip: The pool is central in the hotel, sdo it might get noisy.
Date of stay: December 2011
4  Thank alexanderphd
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I went down to Cabo as a single man who wanted to do some serious fishing. The Hotel is located 1 1/2 blocks from the marina and 2 1/2 blocks from the beach. Great local stores, bars and eateries. If you are looking for a "pampered" resort experience this is probably not the place for you. But if you want a place that is functional, reasonable and close to the action of Cabo then this is your place. Free breakfast (ham, eggs, toast, fruit, juices, coffee, etc) included.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank agentclear
Reviewed 20 February 2011

After 4 days at the Hilton resort, we were looking for some local flavor before we returned home. Our friends booked a room at a hotel on the marina for $179 a night. They had a view, however, we were never in our rooms. The staff at the Comfort Inn were great. This Inn is where the local business people stay. The rooms are simple and clean. 1 block off the main st. 5 min walk to the marina. We felt safe and welcomed. Our breakfast was made on the spot, traditional Mexican. The rate was the best, our car was safe and sound. If you are OK with simple , this is the spot. If you are high maintenance, do as our fiends did spend the $179 a night and return home with empty pockets. We got the best deal!

Date of stay: February 2011
3  Thank zwasso
Reviewed 17 January 2011

Clean, remodeled and modern style rooms. We enjoyed the stay there.

Date of stay: December 2010
Reviewed 1 April 2010

We flew in a day prior to our resort reservations and wanted something cheap, downtown, safe, close to everything, and clean.

We were very happy with the Comfort Inn. A few steps from the Cabo Wabo, Happy Ending, Marina, and very inexpensive (use AAA card!). The money we saved by not going to the Tesoro paid for drinks and dinner, and since we had a free breakfast, we also saved money there. In all, we probably saved $50 by not going to the Tesoro.

The good:
1. Check-in was easy, no rip offs, no timeshare sales.
2. The pool area was extremely nice and very clean. We were surprised. There were people cleaining it all day. The whole place was treated very nicely.
3. At check-in they gave us the password for the free Internet. Not bad, considering resorts charge up to $20 per day.
4. Close walk to everything downtown.
5. Free breakfast (not incredible, but free)
6. Great staff. Got a cab for us when we headed for our resort

The kind of bad:
1. The room was nothing but stucco walls, a TV and phone. It may have been redone recently, but it was pretty dark inside the room. The bathroom was reminiscent of the old college days staying at a very cheap hotel.
2. After about 4pm the pool area didn't get any sun.
3. The bed was extremely uncomfortable.

Overall, it was a great way to start the trip cheaply (the earlier flight saved us $700, so this was a great way to spend our travel day)

Date of stay: February 2010