Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
USD 306
USD 288
  • Breakfast included
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
USD 356
USD 334
Bookit.com
  • Pool
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
USD 349
USD 313
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
USD 807
USD 178
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
USD 547
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
USD 239
USD 191
  • Pool
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
USD 152
USD 138
  • Pool
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
USD 350
USD 313
Priceline
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)
USD 916
USD 845
Hotels.com
Esperanza - Auberge Resorts Collection(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
USD 905
USD 877
4,401 results
All reviewssiempre restaurantpueblo bonitobeach bedsbutler servicesushi restaurantsunset beachmain restauranttime sharepillow menusister propertiesvip loungeswim up barfish tacosla fridafree shuttleall inclusive packagecouples massage
Reviewed 6 April 2018

we've been planning our wedding for several months….now we're just over 2 weeks away and outside of booking our guests rooms (which was a nightmare) not a single detail has been arranged because their wedding coordinator, fernanda will not respond to our emails/calls. i'm sure the resort is beautiful, but good communication and service is just as important.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank slchottie
pbpacifica1, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Slchottie,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate your comments and concerns about Pacifica. As you mentioned above, we have been in contact and have shared a couple of emails, we have been asking for your personal information in order for us to arrange details, unfortunately if we don't have that information Pacifica management won't be able to proceed with your concerns. We would kindly like to ask you to respond to our email so we can help you. We take our guests satisfaction very seriously and are sorry to hear the wedding coordinator's communication was not what you were expecting.

Please let us amend your latest review.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Pacifica is stunning, convenient, and nicely separated from the Cabo madness. We went with the "butler" option and it was worth every cent. Aldo worked behind the scenes to set up excursions, remind us of travel times, and paid close attention to the little things like having complimentary tres leches waiting for us in our room after my passively mentioned the desert earlier in the day. He was just fantastic. Thanks, Aldo!

Room Tip: Get an ocean view in February and March to watch the whale migration.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tonypoetz
pbpacifica1, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Tonypoetz,

On behalf of all of us here at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica we would like to thank you so much having chosen to stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you had an amazing experience, and that you enjoyed at the fullest your time spent with us. Our top priority is our guests happiness and satisfaction and it makes us so proud to know that we achieved and met our guests' expectations. I have passed on your kind words to Aldo who always tries his best to meet our guests’ expectations.
It was our pleasure having you as our guests and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My wife & I & 3 other couples had a wonderful all-inclusive stay at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica, which is an extraordinary adults only resort. The accommodations, service & food were second to none. We could not have found a better place to celebrate my wife’s 50th birthday.

I look forward to staying here again when I return to Cabo San Lucas.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JoeB70
pbpacifica1, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear JoeB70,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica. On behalf of all of the staff we thank you for allowing us to host you. Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and for choosing Pacifica for your birthday getaway!
We look forward to welcoming you next year. I am confident we will once again exceed your expectations.

Until next time!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Normally, I do not write long reviews but this place deserves one, both for the establishment's great and terrible qualities. Overall, I would summarize this resort as appearing brilliantly wonderful but truly hiding it's real form underneath.

Me and my fiancee celebrated a friend's 30 birthday for a long weekend at the PB Pacifica. I will start with the fantastic points of the hotel.

- The grounds/property is top-class, easy 5-stars. Extremely beautiful, well-designed, and well-kept.
- Since the entire property hillside is owned by one company,
- there is great seclusion/privacy. The entire beachfront is devoid of the public or multiple resorts squished together
- You can easily get a shuttle and visit the sister-properties nearby to add some variety to your vacation
- The vast majority of staff are extremely friendly and hard-working to ensure you have a wonderful experience (I emphasize here majority, not all)
- The food dishes are beautifully presented, imagine on par with plating-technique in Michelin-star restaurants

Unfortunately, beyond the gorgeous facade of the resort, there is a lying, money-hungry, hustling establishment. The resort readily shows it wants to ensure they receive more money from you than you can possibly get from them.

I understand resorts are businesses. But me and my fiancée have stayed at many high-class properties around the world. At places where the management understands that if they provide a culture of phenomenal hospitality and professional business practices, people will pay. I'll happily pay over and over for a sincere, authentic opportunity that we are interested in time and again while traveling.

Pueblo Bonito though values an atmosphere where they will lie through their teeth if it means more sales. You can tell which staff departments are on commission for their blatant sales propositions to convince you to purchase the outrageously, over-priced extra cost options - whether at the spa or restaurants or concierge.

Let us though outline our experiences to support these claims.

- Upon arrival, we checked in as our friend checked in besides us. The front desk was not aware we were together. Our friend explains that she is celebrating her birthday and they nicely offer to upgrade her room. We hear this and ask our associate if we can also be upgraded to a similar room(especially since we all paid the same fair, through the same booking portal). Our representative explains the resort is 100% booked for the weekend. This I would believe alone for it is March spring break season but our birthday-friend was just upgraded 30 seconds ago. We then explained that we would at least like to be nearer our friend instead of the opposite side of the resort. You can see the panic in the rep as she realizes we are together. The rep then offers that we can upgrade to a suite near our friend for only an extra $100 per night....we understand that resorts can't upgrade every guest but do not give us a fraudulent reason and then try to up-sell us instead.

- Immediately following this episode, we walked to the desk across the lobby to get our all-inclusive wristbands. The hostess working then targeted us for an offer to receive $400 resort credit to take part in a 90-min(which ended up taking 3 hours) "private-residence presentation" or is translation in Mexico for "Timeshare". We thought why not, because we were curious to see the magnificent villas across the property and take the $400 credit. We, of course, imagined our experience to be dancing with sharks, but we were surprised to discover we were actually talking to snakes.

- We loaded up on the shuttle over to their Sunset beach property. We got dropped off at their "Sales" center and waited in line for an agent to eventually reach each person. An agent then had breakfast(which was constantly reminded to us as included for free! you know in our all-inclusive package) with us asking us pleasant questions about our engagement, work life, travel preferences, financial situation?....income per year? Needless to say, the question took a very interesting turn of topic, which we politely declined to answer. We saw the properties and time-share options which again are absolutely incredible. They have quality furniture, appliances, hot tubs, pools, etc etc. After shuttling between sites, eventually we got back to the lobby. The agent then tried to give us the sell. It is incredible how inflation will make the cost of vacations so much more expensive! (But of course salaries will be the same 30 years from now) and how a timeshare option that was about $22k can suddenly drop with waived taxes and fees and discounts and specials to only $6k! But we have to buy that day! This special will not be valid later (again another lie because their business is so picky when it comes to selling and taking someone's money). After explaining multiple times this does not make financial sense for us and after receiving multiple discounted price packages, we were finally directed across the street to another lobby to receive our resort credit and $20 cash deposit for the "reservation". Of course, across the street, they just wanted to ask a "few more questions" which turned into another amazing price package option. But it wouldn't take up any more of our time, because "they were still processing our resort gift". Amazingly enough, once the second sales rep realized we weren't budging, after asking "why we came?" before even finishing my fourth word to my answer, he rudely and quickly said "Ok thank you, goodbye. Your credit is across the street" and walked away. Without any notification to him, our "credit" was magically ready BACK across the street.

Finally, the cherry on top. We go to receive our credit. During the initial pump for information session over breakfast, the agent offered a "an additional birthday gift on top of our resort credit" since we were celebrating our friends birthday this trip. At checkout though, this "additional birthday gift" was non-existent. When I pressured the accounting employee to fetch our sales agent, she came out saying she only meant our friend should celebrate and get a cocktail on them....you know a bottom-well free drink as a gift....something already free with our all-inclusive package. The mountain of lies was non-stop growing.

What gave me utter disbelief though - I asked the employee giving us our resort credit, how she could work with such people that lie so easily. She said they are not in her department. She said, she KNOWS they lie and whatever they tell us is with us and them. It's our decision to purchase or not or believe them. Regardless of the fact that they work for the same company, she was bluntly admitting to me that her company indeed did have representatives who were terrible people. And she didn't care! Her job was to process our resort credit.

Oh, and did I mention that we had to pay a 10% tax on this resort credit and then we still had to pay tax on any items/services we purchased at the resort, thus in effect being double taxed, which they so kindly forgot to mention until the very last minute. And that we were to receive a paper certificate that we had to not lose and could not be redeem until the very end of our stay at check-out. Of course, we do not live in the 21st century where they could easily have applied the resort credit digitally to our account, why not give it to us in paper just in case we may forget or lose this item that is effectively cash?

I know there are plenty of experiences like these from the individuals who happily greet you after customs at the Cabo SJD airport. But to receive this kind of unprofessional treatment at a resort that tries to place itself with other 5-star resorts around the world is disgraceful.

All of this along with these other fun facts:

- Activities were oddly cheaper if you waited till you booked them with the concierge. Look! It's so much cheaper than it was because you booked with us! Which is very odd, considering most companies reduce the price if you book ahead of time as a sort of early-bird discount.
- Every restaurant had specials for drink and food that were an extra cost. And not an additional $10-$20 item to your all-inclusive package for the lobster-tails, I mean $40-$60 extra.
- There is a beautiful crafted drink at La frieda, known as Mexican coffee (think like Irish coffee) which is only an additional "about $14, approximately"...until you get the bill and realize it was actually $20 extra. Funny how much they were off for a drink they sell regularly. Oh and our all-inclusive package after also paying an additional $30 per person just to dine at La Frida, bounds you to only one dessert per person.
- The spa is unbelievably over-priced for the level of service. They were very kind but imagine Las Vegas spa prices such as at the Aria but at half the quality. At least at the Aria you can make use of their lounges, steam room, private pool, hot tubs, etc etc. You'll find similar reviews here of people spending $500 or $700 for basic spa services that were only decent and disappointing for a "4/5-star" resort. And again, we were always offered add-ons and additional services to purchase because you know...commission
- Your all-inclusive pass ends at exactly 11am when you go to the desk to check-out. Although I don't believe it is measurable to call this policy "unfair", it was another indicator that the resort cares more about maximizing their bottom-line than truly ensuring you have a phenomenal vacation experience as many people's flights can be well after 11am.

All of these issues together did not ruin our vacation. Again, the property itself is absolutely magnificent and there are sincere members among the staff. I would like to call out the groundskeepers and maids for their beautifully done work even if we never directly interacted with them.

But it was extremely disappointing for us to know this company and owner are amenable, if not encouraging, to a such a toxic atmosphere. We take comfort in the fact though that me and my fiancée will never recommend this resort ever, that we will never stay with any affiliated properties ever again, and that they will never receive another dollar from us for any service ever again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
20  Thank Troy F
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My cousin and I were looking for a quiet getaway where we could lay by the pool and soak in the sun. While my cousin handled the bookings, I did not realize that this was one of the most romantic couples resorts in Cabo. We had called ahead three times to ensure that we would have queen beds and upon arrival, sure enough they tried to put us into a King room. This resort certainly caters to couples and the nightlife is near zero but once we sorted out the kinks, if you link up with the right people, you're trip will be more than worthwhile. Sibhid, the pool attendant is beyond INCREDIBLE! His attention to detail and keeping a smile on your face is where it's at. He works so hard and is a great time! He alone made our trip worth while! Also, Angel, who works at the pool café has a effortless energy and enthusiasm about him. He is a delight and kind spirited- these are the people that the trip fun! The food is fine- nothing to rave about, the water pressure in the shower is less than impressive, the spa is overrated but the property is beautiful. Beware, the resort is on the beach but you cannot go in the ocean because of the currents- there are security patrolling everywhere so if you want the ocean experience, this is not the place. Peace, quiet and in bed by nine- this is the spot. Nice but a bit overpriced.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank AndieSimmons
pbpacifica1, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear AndieSimmons,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.
We were disappointed to read of your restaurant experience during your recent stay with us and I would like to sincerely apologize for the level of service you received. This falls short of the standards that we strive for and which you should rightfully expect from us. Our guests so often leave Pacifica delighted, on this occasion we fell short of the experience you were looking forward to. I hope we can amend your latest views on a future visit. I also appreciate you taking the time to recognize our diligent staff members. You can rest assure I'll pass on your kind words to Sibhid and Angel. Thank you again, and it will be our pleasure welcoming you back in the near future.

With kind regards,