“Great Fishing Excursion”

Los Amigos Sportfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Los Amigos Sportsfishing provides World Class Sportfishing Charters in Cabo San Lucas, BCS, MX. Boats from 22' to 65'English Speaking Crew. American Owned and Operated
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had six people with us and all got the opportunity to catch fish.
We brough home three durados and one striped marlin about 140 lbs.
Jim pointed us to the right place for a lunch of fresh fish prepared six different ways.
I would recommend Los Amigos Sport fishing to you all.

TeamLosAmigos, Owner at Los Amigos Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Jill – A sincere thank you for taking the time and posting such a great review! Happy, Happy, Happy that your group experienced an outstanding outing with Los Amigos Sportfishing and some great food afterwards!

The feedback and comments we receive from our customers are crucial for us to work towards providing all our Team Los Amigos members an outstanding and memorable experience, we are happy that we were able to do this with your group!

We hope that your vacation was as fantastic as you review of our crew, vessel and services!!! Again, thank you for taking the time to review our company and your fishing excursion and hope you will be referring us to others!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Great guides, big fish and lots of fun. My family and I had a blast with these guys they knew where to go to get you big and lots of fish. We used there service for 4 days and caught 7 Marlin, A 55 pound Mahi Mahi, and tons of other fish. I highly recommend the staff here as well they were very professional and incredibly friendly. Thanks again guys for the great times and big fish.

1  Thank HunterM900

HunterM900 – Happy, Happy, Happy that your teams had a great experience with Los Amigos Sportfishing! Our crews had a blast with your team and look forward to seeing you back here in the future! We hope that your vacation was as fantastic as you review of our crew, vessels and services!!! We sincerely thank you for taking the time to review our company and your fishing excursion and hope you will be referring us to others!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

July 17th and 18th my grandson and I fished 2 full days on this clean and quick boat, The Grey Light. It is outfitted with really good gear and we asked for lunch ,drinks, and snacks to be onboard too . They took care of our fishing license beforehand and we were ready to step on the boat and go.
We told the captain we wanted to fish for marlin ONLY. The captain and the mate did everything they could to put us on the fish, ie., changing bait or tackle. running to different areas ..but it just didn't happen this trip. The Captain nor the mate ever had beer/alcohol on our trip. Grandson did catch Dorado and had a great experience.
Loved that the boats were just outside our door at the Marina Fiesta Resort, no cab rides anywhere. I plan to back to Los Amigos Sportfishing, probably have to take more family next time.
I think we'll need a bigger boat.

Tom - Thank you for taking the time to comment on your fishing trip and for such a wonderful review! We are happy, happy, happy that you had a great time and welcome you to our Team Los Amigos family! We hope that your vacation was as fantastic as you review of our crew, vessel and services!!! Looking forward to seeing you again in the future!!!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I think Brian P. was on the same boat we were. Same experience as he had. No briefing, asking what we were interested in catching, etc. The only difference was we happened upon a huge school of dolphins, which along with feeding birds, alerted the crew to switch quickly to smaller tuna baits. Almost immediately we had four small Yellowfin Tuna hooked up at the same time. We totaled 8 small yellowfin So except for a brief 10-15 minute period of excitement, it was a long, boring, hot day trolling for Marlin. Our teasers did not get so much as a sniff from any sort of billfish. The crew was very nice and the food/drink provided were good. The air-conditioning in the boat was just ok and the cabin was only slightly cooler than the outside temp. We had 3 ladies with us on the trip and there was not a single sheet of toilet paper on the boat which was less than awesome!

Jim – We sincerely thank you for taking the time to review our company and your fishing excursion. The feedback and comments we receive from our customers are crucial for us to work towards providing all our Team Los Amigos members an outstanding and memorable experience, it appears we did not meet those expectations with your group in respect to our preparedness of our vessel. There is no excuse for not having adequate supplies (toilet paper) on board at any time and this has been addressed with our crew.

In respect to the AC situation, we are unsure as to if there is/was a problem, we have been having one of the hottest summers on record down here and maintain our AC on all boats on a regular basis. I personally went down after receiving your review and can report that the AC on the boat your group fished on was working well. Many factors can contribute to the cooling in the salon in extremely warm weather (door open or opened regularly, hatch & windows open, curtains pulled, etc.), as I was not on the boat during your trip I cannot address further than I have. Again, we apologize for this if it was an issue.

I would like to address the general fishing experience you had. Cabo San Lucas is the Sportfishing Capital of the World but fishing does not necessarily mean catching nor regular action. Water and fishing conditions change regularly down here, sometimes hourly. Our experienced captains and crew do an exceptional job and work hard on putting all our team members on fish every day. Depending on the time of year and the species in the area, sometimes the action is hot and regular, other times it is slow, sometimes there is none, no matter what the crew tries or where they go.

Your group caught 8 tuna, that’s nothing to sneeze about and most would consider this a very good day of fishing. We can’t control the size of the fish that choose to strike, however football tunas (as we call them) are generally what is caught this time of year and although not the 200+lb monsters of the deep, for their weight (5-30lbs), they are a feisty and a furious catch. We are happy that our crew was able to hook you up quickly!

A last note, we know that you have many options to fish Cabo and we are happy you chose to do it with Los Amigos Sportfishing. We hope that you will consider our operations again if you return to Cabo in the future. Again, thank you for your review and comments. We will continue to strive to make sure we overwhelmingly exceed in any and all expectations of our customers.

Warm Regards from Cabo!

Capt. Steve

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I decided to book a fishing trip with Los Amigos after reading nothing but positive reviews, but our experience did not match what others had said. My biggest problem was that the crew did not communicate with us at all. In my prior experience with charters, the captain always asks what you're interested in catching, and adjusts his fishing tactics accordingly. Our captain apparently just wanted to go after Marlin and gave no other options. Basically, we went to a starting point somewhere in the Pacific and trolled for 8 straight hours in a zig zag pattern ending up in the Sea of Cortez. There were only 2 moments where we had anything to be excited about. Once when lines were first dropped, and then 5 hours later a marlin took the bait, but the crew member couldn't get the hook set good enough, and the marlin threw the hook before anyone got to fight it. I may not have been so annoyed if the captain would have ever indicated that he had a plan "B", or gave us some other options, but it was clear that there was never a plan "B". It actually kind of seemed like they knew we weren't going to have much action, they just kind of went through the motions....Change a bait ever so often, bring the captain a beer....repeat. I hate having to write bad reviews, but I don't want anyone else to go in with the expectations I had and end up with the experience I had. I understand you don't always catch fish when you go out, but I do expect to feel like the crew did everything they could to let us catch something. I have no problem with the owner, Jim he seems like a good guy and delivered everything on his end. I hope he relays this review to his crew so they can be as good as others have experienced in the past, for his future customers.

1  Thank Bryan P
TeamLosAmigos, Owner at Los Amigos Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Bryan - thank you for taking the time to review our operations. We sincerely value the opinions of our clients and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Providing you with the best possible experience and service has always been our mission and we are committed to doing what it takes to make this happen 100% of the time. We have reached out to you by email and sincerely hope we can discuss your issues and concerns directly in order to address these with our team for the future. Once again, thank you for your review and we hope you will consider giving us another chance upon your return.