New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #4 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Esperanza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

Esperanza is another beautiful big resort that is well done and well designed. I am more of a boutique resort and hotel type of girl, but If you like big resorts with all the bells and whistles you will enjoy Esperanza.

Here's what’s tops at Esperanza:
Service - very very good!!! - 5
Views - beautiful - 5
Pools - many, plenty and very well done, pool fun for kids and adults - 5
Spa - expensive but very good - best masseuse Daniel, if you like it deep and you like to be stretched out he is your guy - he is one of the best I have ever had! - 6
Exercise Facilities - top notch including my favorite power plate
Classes and Activities - fabulous yoga by Isabelle and Blanca - great TRX classes and boot camps plus other fun activities like mountain biking and cooking classes - 5
La Palapa Restaurant - very good for lunch or dinner - 4

Here's what’s less than tops:
Construction Quality - we were in the villa section - which is very very nice- but the walls and windows are far from sound proof - some of the thinnest and nosiest accommodations I have ever experienced - 1
Beach - there is no swimmable beach at Esperanza, but that is common for many Cabo Resorts - 1
Cocina Del Mar restaurant - is a huge disappointment - and most people that I ran into felt the same. It was bad for breakfast as well as dinner - and it’s pretty pricey -1
El Bar - the restaurant and Bar where they serve tapas - was also disappointing - 2

Room Tip: the reason I give the rooms and the sleep quality poor ratings because the walls and construction ar...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DianeLStrauss
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Thank you for sharing candid feedback regarding your recent stay at Esperanza.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed our service at Esperanza. Our staff work very hard and enjoy what they do!

Recently at the Spa we have included new complementary activities such as boot camp and TRX classes. I am glad that you enjoyed these classes and appreciate your comments.

Regarding your Food & Beverage feedback, our Executive Chef and F&B Director are working on new menus and offerings to enhance our culinary experience here at Esperanza.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Esperanza!

Yours Sincerely,

Marc Rodriguez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

The resort is a 5 overall, the service and workers are amazing.
I suggest that if you stay there, avoid 3rd floor rooms especially C-54; or bring ear plugs. The generators are very very loud throughout the night that are very hard to sleep through, even after several drinks!! So bring your earplugs!

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent visit to Esperanza!
I am glad that you found our resort to be a 5 overall and the service and staff to be amazing. I have shared this wonderful news with my team.

Regarding the noise in your casita, we are working to correct this issue.

I appreciate your comments and hope to have you back at Esperanza very soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Newport, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Esperanza for a week. The entire experience was truly incredible. I was expecting a "great" resort - but Esperanza exceeds "great" in so many ways. The property is stunning - much more beautiful than can be portrayed in any pictures. My room was perfect - clean, comfortable, quality bedding, linens and towels, a wonderful outside deck with seating and hammock, spacious bathroom with quality fixtures, large double head shower and separate tub, lots of attention to details and "extras" (quality Keurig coffee maker, large flatscreen TV (rarely used!)),quality furnishings in well-designed spaces and gorgeous views! The restaurants, facilities, pools, spa, etc are all wonderful - comfortable and convenient. The beaches are stunning and the bars are inviting and create a perfect mood with gorgeous views (and spectacular drinks!). The resort physically - all of the above - is as good as it gets. But what puts Esperanza in a league of its own is that on top of the property itself being so stunning - the staff turns it into an experience that is simply unforgettable. At every level - drivers, reception, waitstaff, bartenders, hostesses, pool attendants, housekeepers - they are all truly amazing. Polite, friendly, accommodating, helpful, pleasant, knowledgeable, flexible - they all work very hard to make sure that their guest's time is perfect, and quite simply - they succeed. They are there when you need them but not at all intrusive. I've had many experiences at fine properties and met many impressive staff members, but there is something quite extraordinary in the way Esperanza delivers with excellence, as a whole, in every way. And special thanks to the general manager Mark, and especially to my "personal concierge" Elena, who coordinated every need, activity, reservation, excursion and meal with seamless perfection. The weather was ideal (it took me a while to realize that "never" as an answer to my question "how often does it rain?" wasn't a joke), and Cabo was just a short taxi ride away for a couple exciting nights out on the town. Esperanza is a magical experience and I will undoubtedly visit again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TDC888
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
I appreciate your amazing comments from your recent business trip to Esperanza!

Thank you for taking a moment to send us such valuable feedback and letting us know that your stay was “absolutely spectacular”! I am delighted to hear that our team delivered an unforgettable experience during your time here at Esperanza.

We hope to have you back very soon!

Warmest Wishes,

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

From the moment of arrival we were greeted by our concierge and a lovely icy cilantro treat. No check in required, just whisked to our ocean front room with infinity jacuzzi on the balcony. Room was lovely, great bed, housekeeping, and fantastic welcome ammenities for my husbands b-day. Poolside was terrific...attendants worked constantly to provide water, specialized iced treats, and any order you wished to place for lunch or cocktails. No children at this pool. Mostly couples, not a singles place. Spotted migrating whales from our room and restaurant each day...fantastic(binoculars included with room)
Delicicious breakfast, a few choices for dinner, favorite being the restaurant at the resort(fantastic fresh fish.beautiful spa and yoga room. Also Boot camp on the beach was fun. Exercise facility was clean updated and spacious. Concierge booked golf for my husband at an ocean course that he enjoyed.
Esperanza is comprised of the owners side and the resort side. Children are not allowed at the pool on the resort side. Their are alot of families on the resort side. Grounds are impecible,transfers by hotel definately worth it.
Didn't make it into Cabo San Lucas, but went to San Jose del Cabo and it was worth the cab ride. All in all if you want an easy, totally relaxing, casually elegant mexican resort, book the esperanza.

Room Tip: three level resort, book at least the mid or top level...binoculars included to watch the whales...n...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay at Esperanza! We are thrilled that we were able to make your stay memorable and that you loved your room and amenities as well.

We would love to have you both back to Esperanza soon!

Warm Regards,

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Upon my arrival at this resort I was impressed with the sheer beauty of it but oh it gets so much better. The personalized service is over the top from the concierge who tours the property with you then takes your to your room as you gasp and awe at the resort grounds to the amazing wait staff in the restaurants. When we arrived to my room their was a butler making mojito's on my terrace, fresh chips and guacamole with pico de gallo awaited me, I was so overwhelmed tears came to my eyes. I have been to many highly rated resorts none compare to Esperanza. Things not to be missed; take a walk at sunset on the beach and watch the waves crash over the rocks, in season (as it was upon my visit) I sat at the infinity edge pool and watched a pod of whales put on quite a show. Order the beef tacos, trust me on this, order them! Filet Mignon is not my favorite cut of beef seemingly it lacks flavor but not here, order the Filet you will not be disappointed. It is apparent the staff here is well trained, prideful of their work and frankly seem very happy to be at work. Refreshing and kudos to the General Manager! One employee waived his hand towards view and said "How do you like my office?" well sir, I liked it very much!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Thank you for such wonderful comments about your recent stay at Esperanza. I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations and that you found our service and staff to be the very best! Here at Esperanza we enjoy what we do best, making sure that our guests go home happy.

Thanks once again for taking a moment to send us your delightful feedback.
We look forward to having you and your friends back at Esperanza very soon.

Warm Regards,