I have to say that we were very pleased with the Playa Grande. Overall, it was pleasant, clean, decent food, and the employees were helpful for the most part. I never expect perfection from anything or anyone. Along with the positive there is always some negative. We had room service a couple of nights and the food was very good. A little expensive. But, what do you expect from any resort. We had a couple of issues with our toilet not flushing properly. But, housekeeping was on it promptly. I broke a glass bowl in our room (sorry Playa Grande). They were there to clean it up quick and with a smile. Most importantly, I/we were not hassled by the timeshare staff. I said no two times and they never looked my way again. Unlike Melia Turqusa and Mayan Palace.
As a small business owner I prefer to spend my money on a smaller level that puts my money directly in the hands of other small business owners. So we ate at the marina for the majority of our meals. And we were always happy with our food. Try the cheese nachos at the "Bite Me" bar. And definately have breakfast at "Cavendish Tavern." Their orange juice is like none other I have had. Both are at the marina.
Now speaking as a person with a disability (legally blind) I try to be aware of the accessible features of the places I stay. In no way is the Playa Grande handicap accessible. I know the ADA means nothing to other countries other than the US. You need to be glad you live here. In no way could anyone in a wheelchair get around the grounds. With the steep inclines and numerous steps.
With all this being said. I wouldn't hesitate staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico