New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Misiones De Kino

Misiones De Kino
Price range: USD 4 - USD 19
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Where Mexico and little Italy meet for a true culinary experience. Misiones de Kino specializes in authentic Mexican, Seafood dishes and exquisite Italian cuisine all brought to you bu our family trattoria.
Windsor, Canada
“Nice But....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

This is a nice spot, very nice ambiance, very good service and reasonable pricing. My only problem was with the food. It was not bad in any way but....was not that good either. The seviche was good not great, the fish dish was good not great (house sauce was great!) and the shrimp were not good nor great, overcooked and pretty Bla.
It's a nice place, well priced, good service but... the final product did not do it for us. Will not return, there is much better.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
Texas
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

This is one of our must go to restaurants each year. This year our friend caught a yellow fin tuna. We brought our fresh fish and the chef made a large plater of the best tasting variations of yellow fin tuna dishes. It was the best!

Visited March 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“We went twice in one week it was so good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

We saw the reviews on Tripadvisor and decided to try Misiones De Kino. We loved the little bar and Renaldo the bartender made the best Sangrita! The waiter suggested their special sauce on fish or shrimp. My friend had the shrimp and I had the fish and both were absolutely delicious. We met the owner who came and personally greeted us. All of the waiters were so polite and courteous and the service was perfect. We liked it so much we went back one more time in the week before we left . An excellent choice and very close to the main area of town around thw town square.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Loved the selection and the food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

From the second my friends and I walked into this restaurant, we were thankful for our good fortune. Spotted as visitors from the U.S by another set of Americans, they instantly came over to us to tell us that they've been visiting Cabo for 12 years, and come to this restaurant at every opportunity. I can understand why. The fish of the day, prepared with the restaurant's "special sauce," was exceptional, and the coconut shrimp was excellent, too. In fact, we liked everything we ordered. [Actually, I would say the desserts are very good, but maybe not up to the outstanding quality of the rest of the meal.] Finally, the service was friendly and helpful and everything one could want. All in all, it was a wonderful dining experience, and I wouldn't hesitate to patronize this restaurant again.

Cabo San Lucas
“Eclectic Menu- good service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Our food-snob friend was jones-ing for a "local" place- sin touristas! So, we took him to Kino. He loved it! Even though there were two large tables with loud and fun-loving people obviously on vacation, this restaraunt still managed a local feel. the menu is eclectic. Some Italian, some Mexican, and lots of seafood dishes (some with an asian flair) Everything was delicious. My husband had the Shrimp soup (the asian flair- maybe curry-ish?) Our frind had the seafood soup and it was stocked with everything imaginable from the sea. He LOVED it! Theyboth had the whole red snapper but prepared different ways. Both got rave reviews. I went basic since I am allergic to shellfish (ugh!) So, I had the house salad (dressing was brilliant) and the linguine/olive/caper dish. It was rich and pretty tasty! Not amazing, but I'm picky. The decor was standard in my opinion- although they had some interesting old photographs on the walls. The service was very accomodating. In all: I'll visit again!

1 Thank kpmconsulting