All reviews leagues club spa suite adjoining club stayed here free undercover parking club facilities pool area twin room full buffet buffet breakfast bathroom floor great place to stay pleasant stay bars and restaurants great accommodation would stay again bed and pillows
Reviewed 27 February 2016

These days even a well appointed property is usually let down by staff however it was clear from the smiles and friendly service at check in that the staff take pride in their job and after a long day on the road it was a welcome relief to walk in and begin enjoying my stay.

Check in was fast and friendly, processes for corporate peoples were much appreciated, carpark was easy with central lift access to rooms, room was extremely well appointed including amazing bed, awesome HOT shower and excellent cold air con in what can only be described as the two hottest days in Sydney this summer and the room was clean.

Although I didn't have time for a swim or spa the grounds are very nice, the location is right near a host of cafes, IGA, pubs and bars which I will be checking out next stay as I wasn't too impressed with the food at the leagues club but that's a personal preference.

Staff were friendly and helpful during the stay and checkout was also a breeze. It's a shame more hotels in Australia aren't like Executive Inn and I can only hope more of my Sydney business trips can be swung up Newcastle way so I can stay again !

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
TheWestsGroup, Manager on Duty at The Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2016

Dear Lawdogs A

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Executive Inn.

It is a pleasure to read your comments about our property and especially about our team. I know all staff will really enjoy reading this and will serve as encouragement that all there efforts are appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

Myself and three friends stayed here for two nights. When we arrived the women at reception was quite rude at first. We were all well over 18 years old. However she stated that because we were under 25 years old we weren't aloud to stay there without a parent or guardian as this was the clubs rules. I don't understand this as the legal age in Australia is 18. There was no mention of this when I made the booking and on the confirmation email I received it states you only have to be 18 to stay at this hotel without a parent or guardian. We had other friends who arrived a couple hours later and they were not told this.

Every time we had a shower the floor was covered in water because there is no lip on the bottom of the shower so water runs out onto the floor outside the shower. The temperature of the water was just warm enough to shower. The room was clean and beds were comfortable. I thought it would have been better then what it was.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business

Dear Brittany2411,

I would like to firstly apologise that your stay with us was let down by your check-in experience. The information you were given by our reception team member about having to be with a guardian as you were not over 25 years was actually incorrect. I am sorry this has happened and I would like to ensure you that we have since followed this up with our staff to ensure that this does not happen again. The legal age to enter our hotel and club is 18 years and if you are under 18 you must be accompanied by a legal guardian.

I do hope we get the opportunity to one day welcome you back.

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

We had a one night stay. Everything was great. Breakfast was yummy, we payed for it in advance on line. Rooms were clean and had all we needed. Pool looked great!!! (Never got the chance to have dip)
Location.... Perfect.... It's right at the leagues club!!!! Just walk through the adjoining door and you have a load of dinner choices and bars.
Staff couldn't of been more helpful. So overall I'd recommend the Inn for your stay.
We loved it.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends

Dear 2015ann,

Thank you for taking the time t review your recent stay with us at The Executive Inn.

It is a pleasure to read your comments, thank you. The club has so many fantastic dinging options, I am glad you were able to take advantage of all that our hotel and Wests has to offer. Our team works hard to make our guests happy and hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 February 2016

We stayed last night in a spa suite, didn't use the spa nor turn on the TV. The room is very small and very dark, the lighting is totally insufficient. The air conditioner was so noisy we had to turn it off overnight.
On arrival the reception staff were polite but inefficient, insisting on both of us to provide photo ID prior to check in necessitating me to go and get my partner out of the car to sign numerous times and then debit my credit card $200 even though the room was prepaid.
The corridors are like a rabbit warren, dark and not well signposted. There were several people like us wandering around long corridors looking for our rooms. When we finally did find our room the cards had not been activated and we could not open the door with either key. After about fifteen minutes wait the receptionist came up with two new cards to let us in. Pretty poor really.
The shower was awful, wouldn't stay up and a basic old fashioned arm and small head that we stopped using twenty years ago. The waste paper bin in the bathroom had used make up removal tissues in it from the previous guest, hadn't been emptied.
Didn't try the breakfast or the pool. For almost $200 we would have been better off at a local motel.
I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
TheWestsGroup, Manager on Duty at The Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2016

Dear HighclereAustralia,

I am very sorry to read you did not enjoy your Terrace Spa Suite and I do hope you spoke to one of your friendly team members to see if we had a more suitable option for you and address any maintenance or housekeeping concerns. We do have a 24 hour reception available to help at any time. I will ensure your feedback is passed on to the relevant departments.The corridors are very long and we have had a number of guests mention that we need clearer signage. We have decided to organise for this to happen and hopefully will be completed in the very near future.

The pre-authorisation of $200.00 we held on your credit card on check-in was a bond to cover any incidentals that you may incur. This policy is listed in our terms and conditions upon booking and the funds are never debited from your account but sit as a pending charge with your bank. Due being attached to the Wests Leagues Club, NSW licensing laws require all registered hotel guests to be signed in, this was the reason we require photo ID from all guests at check-in.

Our popular property owes much of its success to patrons like you, who over the years have been willing to share and guide us with constructive feedback.

Once again I thank you for your feedback and hope we can welcome you back to our Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

This hotel isn't a bad hotel at all. It's quite clean, the hotel staff is very friendly and willing to help. The hotel has its own food court on 3 different levels. The hotel also has a wonderful gym. The only thing that sucks about the hotel is its location and Internet. The hotel sits in the middle of a residential neighborhood. The Internet in the hotel rooms is really bad. If you can get past those things, it's a wonderful place!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank DreEnergy
TheWestsGroup, Manager on Duty at The Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2016

Dear DreEnergy,

Thank you for taking the time to review you recent stay with us at The Executive Inn.

It is great to read your comments especially about our staff. They will all really enjoy seeing this. I am unsure as to what the problem was with the WiFi in your room however should you stay with us again please contact our 24 hour reception who will be able to assist with anything during your stay.

Once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Kind regards,