See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Spent a night here on a solo motorbike trip through the North East.

After a very long ride, and spending a night in the wild stuck in a road construction project on the QL 279, I picked out this hotel as being the grandest in the town. Unfortunately, full with an American charity's doctors, nurses and volunteers who were helping locally. "Only vip room left", said the nice man at reception. Caked in mud and road grime and 270KM from my last shower, I said that would be just fine.

Vip room is very fine. Large wet room (ideal for having a shower while wearing muddy motorcycle gear), smallish balcony (ideal for drying motorcycle gear). Lounge area (with own TV and karaoke). Office area and large bedroom (with own TV and karaoke). Just sorry I had no-one to party with.

Breakfast was OK, although, I really just wanted coffee. Staff helpful. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

After stay the hotel in Hochiming, i really donot satisfy with any hotel i stayed in my trip. Anyway Bang Giang hotel is the best in this area, they offered good service but few fields was not well maintance. So let stay here if you want to explore this province.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Don't brag about the hotel quality because Cao Bang is a very remote province of Vietnam where living standard is low and people are poor. Bang Giang is already the best hotel of Cao Bang but be aware that it is not a multiple star hotel in a touristic area. Rooms are huge but look cheap inside; old furniture and worn out toilet, however I did not expect it to be any better. The hotel is located in the town center so there are plenty breakfast possibilities nearby. In fact, I stayed in very much better hotels in other cities and also did not find any problems with staying in this hotel. If you come to Cao Bang, stay in Bang Giang hotel, 'cause it's the only right choice.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Vingrau
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Our guide did all the talking, so I can't comment on their ability in other languages. The maître d' of the very large cafeteria style restaurant spoke english, but was very much under the infuence of rice wine whenever we met. Food was reasonable, nothing special.
Bed was hard, but the room was okay. Would stay again, but not for long.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank imogiri_au
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I just stayed in Bang Giang hotel for one night. The room itself was huge, but offered just average guesthouse quality. The bathroom was extremely dirty. Within 3 weeks in Vietnam I stayed in many cheap guesthouses for a price of 180.000-300.000 Dong per night for 1 person, but the Bang Giang Hotel's bathroom was by far the dirtiest of all of them although my room there was the most expensive one I had compared to all guesthouses: 500.000 Dong for 1 person/night. The bathroom did not offer a separate bath or shower tub, as usual in cheaper guesthouses, but not for hotels in Vietnam. When my towel fell on the wet floor after having the shower, it was brown from touching the ground, that should give you an imagination of how dirty and disgusting the bathroom was. I would not have minded if the room had cost about 200.000 Dong, but for 500.000 Dong you can expect and usually get quite nice clean rooms in Vietnam.
And don't be fooled: There are nicer options in Cao Bang. I went to the Thanh Loan Hotel (just a 2 minutes walk from the Bang Giang Hotel) for my second night in Cao Bang, payed only 400.000 Dong, and had a much nicer and absolutely clean and quiet room, including a really clean bathroom.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo