All reviews private beach long drive second week grounds hacienda pier bay type
Reviewed 10 November 2016

The everyday views from this hotel are fantastic. It is serene and relatively quiet here. The grounds are very open, both the pool and the sea inviting. The hotel is a bit dated but I'm good with that. Sure the bathrooms don't smell wonderful, the water pressure is a bit low and there's a little musty smell in the rooms- but it's humid here so that's not totally surprising.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Lee P
Reviewed 4 November 2016

We moved to a hotel in San Carlos after the first night. Although in the new hotel neither the hot water nor the A/C were working it was still way better than Playa de Cortes. Uncaring check-in staff (over an hour to check-in). Absolutely nothing nearby. The "beach" is a small patch of dirty sand that has been dumped there.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Three of us stayed at this hotel on our way down to Mazatlan. We were there on a weekend, in the summer-time, and they had one room left!! I've been to this hotel many times, and it never disappoints me. The restaurant/bar is also very good and reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Pilla51
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. I like that it's rustic & is right on the beach. But they need some upgrades. The rooms smell musty & need to be cleaned a lil better. There was no clothing iron or basic hotel items except for towels in the room. We had a room with a beautiful view & outside sitting area. The chairs & tables for the sitting area were old & rusty, which we didn't use cause I didn't want my clothes to stain. They did have a decent pool with lots of families using it. We were worried all night that someone would break into our car. There was a security guard at the entrance when we first came in, but he disappeared from his post after that. Has the potential to be a great romantic getaway & family hotel, but they need to put a lil more work & detail into this place.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nsb315
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

1st night impression:
☆ 1 STAR

My reservation wasn't honored at my arrival. I reserved and payed 1 week in advance for the Jr. suite with ocean view. It was supposed to have 2 beds and be non smoking and was told at check in that my room was a 1 king sized bed room. Since we had just traveled 7hrs I was willing to overlook this if they were able to bring an inflatable mattress or something to accommodate my 2 children and I was told no. I was also told that my reservation was cancelled because I didn't show up by 6pm (which I had called twice to confirm that they had 24hrs check-in and that because I payed in advance there were not going to be further problems) it was then that finally the lady seemed apologetic rather than confrontational, I did tell her that I understood it wasn't her fault but that we were here to celebrate my son's 10th birthday and wanted to make it special and so far we had no place to sleep!
The lady then proceeded to attempt to contact the reservation manager to try to correct the situation but she couldn't reach her... an hour later she was able to give me a "no show" room and disappointed, aggravated and tired we proceeded to enter it. To my dismay the room smelled awfully moldy and the walls and all light switches were dirty. Thank God I travel with bleach and lysol and spent the next 30 minutes disinfectanting surfaces. I loved this hotel on the pictures but my heart is heavy with disappointment as my poor son has to sleep in a dirty room on his birthday eve. I'll never stay here again despite the promise of getting my actual room tomorrow and getting a complementary breakfast... I feel so sorry for the front desk lady because I overheard and I wasn't the only one that got cheated out of their money...

Buffet style breakfast 5 STARS》☆☆☆☆☆

I am pleased to say that it was an amazing breakfast! In fact it was the best meal we've ever had at a hotel.
They held a wide variety of food. Such as: fresh fruit, sweet bread, yogurt, granola, pancakes, french bread and eggs. As well as delicious chilaquiles, shredded red and green beef, beans, rice. My children enjoyed the chocolate milk and my husband and I the orange juice. The service was outstanding!
Also the check in desk in the mornings has great customer service! What an upgrade!

JUNIOR SUITE
☆☆☆☆
I absolutely loved this room! The beds were comfortable, the tv and wifi worked properly. The room had a small sitting area and 2 chairs were provided for the balcony. The view was absolutely stunning! This room overlooked the pier and the ocean! The 2nd night we were there we were blessed to watch an electric storm unfold before our eyes and we were thankful we had this prime location.
The room gets 4 stars only because it needs some renovation but other than that it was such a beautiful quiet stay.

Overall we had a pleasurable stay in this beautiful hotel and will consider staying here again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family