All reviews a bit overpriced common areas jet skies the beach is nice peak season parties rocks desert marina
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

If you're interested in visiting San Carlos, Sonora, this is the hotel that has one of the best beaches, the sunset is amazing, but the facilities are awful, old, and many of them broken. We wanted to sit in the couches and they were broken, the shades didn't close so the room was really illuminated at 630 am... the restaurant is not expensive, but the food is neither good... There are more options in San carlos, I suggest you to look for another place to stay.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2016

We got a great deal on a five night stay so that upped the review a little bit and it is a beautiful location. Also some of the staff members were extremely nice which helped, I just wish there had been more staff. We went in summer so it was off season, but still it seemed so understaffed. The towel girl was sometimes there, on some days they had pool staff others they didn't. The cabana restaurant was good though, and the waiters in there were great! Joeys was strange but all you can eat pasta night was fun! Like most people say this place has so much potential just needs to put it to good use.

Room Tip: Get a view in the middle of the hotel for best view.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel last year and while a little run down, the staff was friendly and our visit was pleasant. The only reason this review is not getting a "teribble" this year is because the staff was pleasant. We just finished a stay there for this year and it was not so good. When we first checked in, we were given a room that I wouldn't have paid $20 a night for. We paid $96 a night which is not a fortune but I expected more. There was no hot water, the sheets were stained with sand all over them, the sun curtain was a mess, no balcony furniture and the view overlooked an area full of old junk. I asked for another and they said there was nothing that could be done until the next day. This was their slow season and the we're about 10 cars in the entire hotel parking lot. We were given a better room the next day but it still had no balcony chairs and when we did finally get them they were torn and very worn. This will be our last stay in this hotel.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tol C
Reviewed 23 August 2016

I like this hotel, its clean, the beds, however are hard. Could use an upgrade. No ice machines anywhere in hotel, or available anywhere in the hotel.
Be aware, if you do not speak Spanish, I did not meet any English speaking members of the staff, but not a big concern.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

The reason I'm giving this hotel 2 stars is not based on my expectations but on my experience. This hotel is located on a great location and has so much potential to be a 5 star hotel but it has so many issues. 1) understaffed 2.) lack of ICE machines; none of them were working and you had to go all the way into the restaurant to get a bucket of ice and they still treated you like if it was your fault 3.) cleanliness of the lobby and elevators 4.) some staff were rude while others were nice 5.) it seems like management can change the rules whenever they want; for 3 days we were able to take an ice chest to the pool areas and then on our 4th day, security came to us twice to tell us we needed to take our ice chest to the room 6.) rooms are outdated, which is fine but the beds were hard as a rock 7.) the beach only has one palapa(not at all like the pictures) After all... my kids had a great time and San Carlos is beautiful! Definitely going back but probably to another hotel until some changes are made.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family