“Amazing house for Yoga Retreat”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Sasha B
San Diego, California
“Amazing house for Yoga Retreat”
Reviewed 28 July 2016 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

We were fortunate to stay in Villa de SMA for a yoga retreat in November 2015. I brought several of my students to San Miguel to practice yoga and explore the beauty of this incredible town. The accommodations could not have been better. The house was beautifully decorated, spacious and with a lot of privacy. It had a privacy of a hotel and a huge common area (living/dining) for everyone to get together, socialize and share meals. The rooftop, where we had yoga every morning and our going away salsa party, had a mind blowing view of the city and plenty of room for yoga and dancing. The location of the house was perfect: within a walking distance to town, and a short ride to hot springs. Kate, the owner of the house, was really accommodating and made our stay so memorable that my students are still raving about this trip. Thank you Kate!

Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jem1147
San Francisco, California
“A Wonderful Place to Stay in San Miguel de Allende”
Reviewed 27 July 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

I was so fortunate to have located Kate’s place to spend the whole month of February 2016. Kate was so engaging, helpful, and fun to get to know. My room was very pretty, quiet, and comfortable. The en suite bathroom had plenty of hot water and fresh towels. My room had a balcony, which was really nice. However, the rooftop terrace was so inviting that I used it more.
Kate provided a variety of delicious breakfast choices each morning. It was also great to be able to use the large container of bottled water in her kitchen to replenish my smaller water bottles each day. I had complete access to Kate’s beautifully decorated large living and dining room and kitchen. Several times I fixed my evening meal in her well-equipped kitchen. The lady that cleaned her house and my room was so nice and for a very small fee she washed my clothes.
Kate had a dinner party with very interesting and entertaining guests. I felt privileged to be invited and had a wonderful time. One time I left my wallet by accident in the back of a taxi, and Kate was extremely helpful to me in my attempt to recover it. I will always be grateful to Kate for her assistance, guidance, and suggestions on local activities to take part in.
I really enjoyed my daily walks to El Jardin in San Miguel Centro. It took about 15 to 20 minutes and was a non-hilly walk. It was fun to get to know some of the stores, restaurants, etc. on my walk. The Fabrica la Aurora, with many shops and two wonderful restaurants, is only about a short 10-minute walk from Kate’s.
Since I was at Kate’s for 30 days, I got to know her very well and now count her as one of my friends. I very highly recommend Kate’s as a great place to stay in San Miguel de Allende and look forward to staying with Kate again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I felt secure, loved the decor, the neighborhood, Kate's help.
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Large groups
27 Jul 2016
Jan..thank you for your review! You were a great guest,very considerate and I am pleased you so enjoyed the house and my neighborhood. I look forward to having you return. See you in November!!
abrazos,
Kate
traceyril...
San Diego, California
“We will be back!”
Reviewed 19 July 2016 for a stay in November 2015

We have stayed at Casa de la Ventanas twice and are intending to go again soon. San Miguel is gorgeous and this house reflects all the light and color of the town. Kate is a perfect hostess: relaxed, gracious and hospitable. The house is decorated simply and tastefully and is very relaxing and comfortable. You will love visiting Casa de la Ventanas. Maybe we will see you there!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location out of main part of town
Liked least: nothing!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
19 Jul 2016
thanks Tracey and Jon....look forward to your return to mi casa...always fun with you two in the house!!
Zhaybt
“Each Time is a Charm”
Reviewed 18 July 2016 for a stay in April 2015

I have had the good fortune of visiting Casa de Las Ventanas regularly since 2014. Our group’s welcome is always so gracious. The charming and thoughtful owner/hostess assures every detail is met for each visit. We have enjoyed beautiful rooftop dinners, morning and evening yoga, and beautiful excursions through the streets of San Miguel. The Fabrica La Aurora is a short walk away. I always feel I can return here in comfort and with happiness to share the experience with friends and family.

Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 50-64
18 Jul 2016
Thank you! I also love the fact the Fabrica Aurora is a short walk from my casa. The Fabrica Aurora has two wonderful coffee spots and three good restaurants, Four times a year they have wonderful parties..gallery openings where everyone is invited to have a glass of wine and wander the very interesting shops and galleries, The Geek cafe is a nice place to hang out with a coffee,,They have a beautiful restful green space with lovely huge trees.
Robin C
Seattle, Washington
“You'll Be Glad You Chose Casa de las Ventanas!”
Reviewed 18 July 2016 for a stay in March 2014

For those who are contemplating travel with family or friends—or who seek an inspiring "retreat" with like-minded peeps or professional colleagues—Casa de las Ventanas is a dream come true.
Kate Joyce, owner and host extraordinaire, knows every inch of vibrant San Miguel de Allende and its rich history. Her connections to local artisans, shopkeepers, entrepreneurs, and, well, colorful characters—built over the course of more than two decades—inform and enrich every guest's stay and experience. In addition, Kate Joyce's extraordinary sense of design and painstaking attention to detail illuminate all aspects of her comfortable and colorful casa. Good spirits and energy abound throughout, and even die-hard sticks-in-the mud may be tempted to kick off their shoes to sing and dance in her home. Even so, the deck andgenerous living-and-dining space are just right for quieter, more reflective moments in the warmth of the sun or the glow of the moon. Each of the five bedrooms is uniquely and cozily appointed—you're all but guaranteed to sleep (and dream) well. Your stay at Casa de las Ventanas is likely to be as soulful as it is energizing.
Casa de las Ventanas is well situated—it's close to great shops, restaurants, and landmarks but removed from the hubbub of tourists. Kate Joyce will happily guide you to can't-miss stops in town, and she will also help you make arrangements for longer excursions to other points of interest nearby.
San Miguel de Allende lives up to its reputation as a travel destination, but a stay at Casa de las Ventanas in Kate Joyce's good care and company may turn out to be the very thing that makes you want to return again and again. The bottom line? The reasonable cost for booking Casa de las Ventanas is the icing on the proverbial cake of a delicious detour to San Miguel de Allende!

Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Accessibility, comfort, and guest focus.
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
18 Jul 2016
Robin,,,You are such a good writer I want to book into my own house,,LOL.
thank you for the terrific review and I look forward to your return to SMA one day, As you mentioned, the house is a good place for friends or colleagues to book. I have consciously designed the house for both privacy ,,,,with each bedroom having its own bathroom, and togetherness in the large living room, open kitchen and long 9 foot table for meals...The roof deck is a wonderful spot to start the day with a cup of coffee or some yoga! All the best to you Robin.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing