other traveller has booked this property
Living room/ Dining Rooom with door to the walled garden
Living room area by f=gas log fireplace Sitting area in Living room by Frieplace
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Terrible
Living room/ Dining Rooom with door to the walled garden
Living room area by f=gas log fireplace
Sitting area in Living room by Frieplace
Separate dining area that looks out to the garden
Mexican tiled full kitchen
Master Bedroom w/king bed, full bathroom w/shower
Full Bathroom w/shower off Master bedroom
Second Bedroom w/queen bed
Half Bath /small outdooor sitting area
Entrance to Master bedroom from garden
Covered area in garden
Beautiful walled garden
Garage / washer & dryer
Entrance to Casita and Garage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Terrible - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Jake T
London, United Kingdom
“Extremely aggressive and rude owner, who ruined our stay”
Reviewed 13 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

The house itself is very nice. However, unfortunately the owner, who lives in the flat above, completely ruined our experience for us. I notified the owner by email the day before that our arrival time had changed, but then we got lost on the roads and a 4 hour journey turned into an 8 hour journey. I kept Jacque informed (at my own expense as I don't have a Mexican phone) but started to receive rude and abusive text messages before we had even arrived.

When we finally got there, exhausted, Jacque shouted at us in the street before letting us into the house, even though we were very apologetic and tried to explain that our late arrival was not within our control. As she lives above the Casita, and her flat looked down into the courtyard, the house did not feel private at all. We could hear her shouting at someone else on the phone while we were eating breakfast in the morning. I notified Jacque of our 11am departure time, and she marched into the house at exactly 11am, ignoring me when I said 'Good morning', instead telling us that we needed to get out of the house and started stripping the beds in front of us. We were ready to leave with all our bags in the car, and this was completely unnecessary.

Even after we left, I received a very nasty message from her saying that in future I should stay in hotels if I could not arrive on time. I do not understand how somebody who claims to have so much experience in the hotel industry can get away with treating clients so badly and making them feel so unwelcome. Very disappointing - one to avoid.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
28 Jan 2016
Everything about this review is incorect, except that they were extremely late in their arrival These guests were suppose to arrive a 3 PM. They notifued me that it would be 5 PM on the day they were to arrive. Then they called me at 6:30 PM to tell me they were just leaving Leon. (1 1/2 hours away) Then they arrived at 9:30 PM, (calling 2-3 times they could not find the house) three hours later. I sat and waited for these people for 6 1/2 hours. They were coming from Guadalajara, a 4 hour trip, which mens it took them 8 1/2 hours to arrive here. They were not lost, they were just stoppiung in Leon to shop, etc.

I did not shout at them on the street but told them they they were extremely late and if my assistant would have been here to check them in, she would have had to leave and no one would have been here.

These people sat in the garden until 2 AM, talking loudly, disturbing everyone aroud the property so late a night.

I i formed them the day before they were to deparrt that departure time was at 11 AM and that they needed to be on time departing as we had another guest checking and we needed to get the casita nd garden cleaned. At 11 AM, I arrived with my staff and these people were not ready to leave. until 11:45, which caused us to start the cleaning before they vacated.
There was no excuse for a 6 1/2 hour late arrival. I have 4 casitas and a VBO rental in the USA and NO ONE HAS EVER CHECKED in 6 1/2 hours late.
There was no excuse for these people being this late . If they left at 11 AM from Guadalajara it was only a 4 hour drive and they would have been here on time.
Please read all the other reviews from guests and you will see that they are all five star reviews and everyone enjoyed the property and their stay.

Travellers are raving about these San Miguel de Allende hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing