All reviews san miguel living room and bedroom empanadas private patio yogurt wonderful hosts a special place central area an oasis each morning mariposa casita jardin privacy town gwen fireplace
Reviewed 10 February 2016

I have never rented any vacation spot sight unseen but decided to go to Las Terrazas based on the great reviews on Trip Advisor. My first words to Greg, the owner, when I entered Casita Colibiri were, " the photos don't do it justice!" Casita Colibri is a very large studio with windows across the entire front of the casita (lots of windows are not easy to find in San Miguel rentals) that look out on San Miguel. The casita was spotless, the bed was really comfortable, the kitchen and bath are done in Mexican tiles, the private terrace had a view and a fountain and the gas fireplace made it quite cozy and warm in the evening. Best of all Greg was an excellent host.

Breakfast is delivered every evening when you are out at dinner and the selection was truly more than I had expected. Home made quiche, lox, bagels and cream cheese, fresh berries, croissants, danish, granola, a selection of juices.

I was there with friends from DC who rented the two bedroom casa which was also spectacular. They hosted a birthday party for me while I was there and we invited a number of my Boston friends who have regularly visited SMA during the winter over the past several years - some even own homes there. They were incredibly impressed with Las Terrazas and congratulated me on my good find.

I took a tour of the Canada de le Virgen (Greg can help arrange this) and the three others on the tour were talking about their rental which was right in town - great location but nightly they had to put up with disco music! Needless to say, Las Terrazas is very quiet at night.

If you have never visited SMA, this is the place for you. Not only is the location excellent but Greg is so helpful in getting you oriented and helping out with anything you may need. If you are a single woman traveling alone, you will feel very safe here. Obviously I can't say enough good things about Las Terrazas. I will definitely go back!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2016

My husband and I spent three weeks at Las Terrazas in January, 2016. Our casa, Mariposa, was sunny, clean, and comfortable, and our breakfasts varied and well prepared. Our host, Greg, was on premise to provide as much (or little) support needed for our first visit to San Miguel and the surrounding area. The location was just a short distance from the Jardin but just far enough away to get a quiet night's rest.
This is a five star property!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChicagoEllen
Reviewed 24 January 2016

my friend and i were fortunate enough to find this bed and breakfast and would like to share our experience there. la terrazas is located in the "el centro" district of beautiful san miguel. the owners greg and murrary have created a mini paradise at the top of the main street leading to the jardin and cathedral. we did not meet murray so i can only speak of our experience with greg. we arrived in the evening and after showing us our new home, casa grillo, he whisked us off to the center of town to enjoy a wonderful dinner while he shared his vast knowledge of restaurants, gallerys, day trips, etc. our daily breakfast was so delicious...everyday we ordered a little bit more. thank you greg and murray for sharing your beautiful home with us!!
marsha ferrall

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

This was my Best B&B stay ever. From the time I arrived I was greeted at the entrance by my fabulous host Greg who escorted me and my luggage up the stairs to the most wonderful private villa. Upon entrance I totally fell in love with home for the next nine days. Greg invited me up to his villa to meet his friends and share Apple pie with homemade ice cream and a glass of wine and ended my visit sharing champagne and food for New Year Eve on his roof top.

I arrived at night and found for my comfort and convenience a dinner of cordon bleu chicken, broccoli/cauliflower, macaroni salad and a nice bottle of chilled wine.

I stayed in the Casa Mariposa, a gated private 725 square foot villa with a beautiful private patio for reading, sunning, have your coffee or drink or simply just watching the bees pollinate in the lilac plants.
My favorite time was coming in every evening to relax on the sofa with my gas fireplace to warm me while I enjoyed a nice tequila on the rocks. The casa has the most comfortable bed which gave me the best nightly sleep. Great bathroom with every comfort you could need. Let's not forget the perfect kitchen totally supplied with everything you need to prepare a full meal. Tea, coffee, spices, oils and condiments were such a nice touch. Thank you Greg for the awesome daily breakfast hand delivered every evening for the convenience of sleeping in late or early risers. Also the breakfast choices changed daily so everyone visiting could always have some food to fit their personal palate.

As you can see I can't stop talking about The Las Terrazas and it's perfect host. So just go see for yourself.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2016

We just spent a week at Las Terrazas and the first word that comes to mind is "perfection"! We have longed to visit San Miguel and were inspired by it's beauty. But to have Las Terrazas and Casa Grillo as our home made the entire experience exceptional.
Greg is the perfect host and his thoughtfulness was so appreciated. His knowledge of San Miguel was such a benefit for us. The casita itself is a gem and perfect for 2 couples. Comfy queen size beds with quality linens in spacious bedrooms at opposite ends of the suite. Delicious breakfast with lots of variety brought to your casita. And to top it off the location is the best. A short stroll down to the center of town and the Jardin. Go fall in love with San Miguel and Las Terrazas!

Stayed: January 2016