“Wonderful food & unforgettable view”
Review of Sicilia in Bocca - CLOSED

Sicilia in Bocca
Price range: USD 5 - USD 15
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are the Restaurant with the best Sicilian cuisine in San Miguel de Allende. We offer typical Italian dishes made with ingredients of the highest quality , aimed at domestic and foreign public, all within a warm, welcoming and friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 19 August 2011

This is one of the best views of the city below that is available. That said our dinners were outstanding. As there were three of us we ordered the appetizer for two (mixed antipasto)which was amazing and could have been dinner on its own. Wonderful bread, two different tapenades, grilled eggplant, and much more that I can't remember. All of the pastas are homemade and quite special. I had the pasta mafiosa which included eggplant and a sauce with red wine reduction which came out as a brown sauce. Strangely, the three of us at 8:00 p.m. were the only diners which made me wonder when we sat. We were treated as if we were in a private home with great service. I had a glass of the Nero D'Avola Sicilian wine which complemented the dinner was very fresh and fairly priced. I do not understand some of the comments that view is all and food OK. I would sum it up by saying if you want something that tastes homemade, go here, but if you want fine dining with white glove service go elsewhere. Very friendly atmosphere and manager came out to chat with us.

1  Thank cwtrade

Reviewed 5 August 2011

Recently ate here and had a great experience. After a few days of Mexican food, it was nice to have Italian food. The view is magnificent and the pasta was very good.

Reviewed 3 July 2011

Came for my birthday and the view made the dinner special.

I'm a big Yelper back in the states and it helps me find the best places to eat. I had to turn to TripAdvisor for help.

The food was not spectacular but it was very good. I eat in LA,SF and NYC where the food is off the charts. This was decent Italian with everything being fresh and the pasta homemade.

The organic wine for $100 pesos for liter was great value. The dinner was not expensive and cost $60 for 2 with wine and plenty of leftovers.

Reviewed 15 May 2011

What a wonderful place to eat. The pasta was fabulous, the service wonderful and the view spectacular. We went in search of a restaurant to take guests to on our return trip in July and we certainly found it here! I can't wait to return!

Reviewed 28 February 2011

We never had a bad meal during our 3 week stay in San Miguel, but this place far exceeded any of the others we tried. So much so, in fact, that we came here 4 times.
The food is exceptionally good, and the restaurant is worth a visit for that alone, but for my wife and I it was the relaxed ambiance and the incredible view over the town from our table on the patio that kept luring us back. We enjoyed several delightful Italian meals in true Italian (or Mexican - take your pick) fashion...luxuriating over the great food, wine, and home made liqueur for a couple of hours while just being mesmerized by the view. The wait staff was attentive without being intrusive, and the personal attention of the owner/chef ensured that it was more an experience than just a meal. Honestly, the most relaxing and enjoyable hours we spent in this most delightful city were spent at Sicilia en Bocca.

1  Thank Robert1969