“Casha Misha”
Review of Casa Misha

Casa Misha
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Casa Misha is beyond any expectations I could have had. Over the past several years, I've stayed in 3 of the rooms, each different - but all with the same welcoming, elegant atmosphere. Sparkling clean and thoughtfully curated, but with all the comforts of home. Memorable breakfasts served with different china and silver make me happily late to work each day I'm here in San Miguel.
The interest in and attention to detail, along with the heart and soul of the two owners and friendly professional staff, make this place my absolute favorite hotel in San Miguel. Great, quiet location. Great pillows, too!

Room Tip: All great rooms
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 May 2017

This was our first visit to San Miguel de Allende and we could not have picked a more PERFECT place to stay. Casa Misha will forever be the standard by which I judge other boutique hotels. Everything about our experience there, for one whole glorious week, was PERFECTION. The location is PERFECT. A quiet street just a few blocks from the Jardin, and the center of town. The guest rooms are beautiful with luxurious bathrooms and wherever you look there are lovely gardens. The highlight of our day was having breakfast on the rooftop terrace. A spectacular view along with a superb breakfast, artfully served, it was HEAVENLY. The service was exceptional. Magda, as concierge and Juan, man of a thousand hats! were gracious and caring and unbelievably helpful. And the owners were beyond generous with their time and hospitality. When I got home and reviewed my photos I realized that I took more pictures of the hotel, our breakfasts and the rooms than in all of San Miguel!! It is that lovely A truly memorable experience.. I can't wait to go back. And I really want to thank everyone there for making my special birthday even more special. Most Sincerely, Leslie and Dave

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sedonigallery
Reviewed 3 March 2017

Our most recent stay at Casa Misha lived up to, no exceeded, our last 5 star review.
First the location couldn't be better being on a quiet street just a few blocks from all of the action at El Jardin. Once inside behind the unimposing front door the hotel opens up into a beautiful central garden with incredibly furnished common rooms off the side. The hotel's 5 rooms are also done in exquisite taste allowing you to relax in the height of elegance.
The staff are incredibly helpful and hands on. Ed, Richard, Magda--you made us feel at home.
And, let's no forget the delicious breakfasts served on the finest English china.
You could go to one of the larger, more well marketed hotels that are being built in town, but you really could not do any better than Casa Misha.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SJHNewJersey
Reviewed 24 February 2017

My sister and I Just returned from our first visit to San Miguel de Allende where we spent six nights at the superb boutique hotel, Casa Misha. It’s located on a quiet side street, only a few blocks from the “jardin”, the town square. It’s marked by a discreet “M” and once you walk through its oak doors, you will experience a world of gracious Mexican and British hospitality and one of impeccable taste. Co-owner Richard grew up in London and brought some of his grandparents’ exquisite china service that requires hand-washing to preserve the gold rim. Edward, the other co-owner, brought two 40-containers of antiques and furniture from his and Richard’s former townhouse in the Chelsea section of Manhattan. “We wanted to create a hotel that met our standards,” Richard told us. They have succeeded in every possible way, from the loyal staff that has become family to the excellent breakfasts to the cozy atmosphere at the cocktail hour. Concierge Magda conveys her smile over the phone, and she is joined by warm, helpful and competent assistants. This is the perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely, each in a different way.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jayescholl
Reviewed 21 February 2017

Casa Misha is my favorite place to stay in San Miguel. There are only six rooms, each one decorated with unique antiques, rugs and beautiful art and artifacts. The beds all have luxurious sheets and duvets. My favorite room is the Jardin, on the first floor, which opens to a beautiful garden with a comfortable table and chairs where you can enjoy breakfast in the morning or a margarita as the sun sets.
While at Casa Misha you will be the guests of Richard and Ed, the owners. They are the ultimate hosts and will do everything to make your stay an unforgettable one. If you need a recommendation for dinner or a day’s activity do not hesitate to ask them and they will make your wish come true.
The breakfasts at Cash Misha are amazing. They will make to order anything from waffles to blueberry pancakes to eggs any way that you want them. The huevos rancheros are out of this world. Every plate of fruit is arranged as a true work of art. Breakfast is served until noon, unheard of in most lodgings. Later in the day, Juan’s margaritas are not to be missed.
Casa Misha is the best! Each time I have stayed there, it is absolutely the highlight of my visit to San Miguel.

Room Tip: All the rooms are unique and beautiful.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo