“UNBELIEVABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE”
other travellers have booked this property
Front view of vacation home and pool deck
Pool area at night Living room and kitchen area, open concept with glass doors out to terrace.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Pool area at night
Living room and kitchen area, open concept with glass doors out to terrace.
Private terrace, perfect for breakfast, coffee, and monkey watching!
bedroom #1
bedroom #2 (additional twin bed not pictured)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Mark K
“UNBELIEVABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Reviewed 22 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

Let me start by saying that Surf Costa is not for everyone. For me, it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life (and I travel a lot). There are a lot of PROS and a couple Cons (this will weed out some people). Read on...

Surf Costa is about a 1 1/2 hour ride from San Jose (the Capital and airport of Costa Rica). The ride takes you through a beautiful mountainous country. Surf Costa is about 1/2 mile from the beach but don't worry, you can get lots of beach time if that's what you desire. EVERYTHING is off a two lane paved road onto a dirt road. Surf Costa is no exception. It is truly in the rain forest/jungle in a gated compound. The owners are from New Jersey and Montreal and speak fluent Spanish. The grounds are beautiful with a couple duplexes. The accommodations are nice but a bit rustic. They have AC, a refrigerator, and a “camping” type stove. There are no dressers so you either live out of your suitcase or put some items on a table or shelves.

In the middle of the property is a pool with a few seats to a bar (in which you make the drinks). It also has a covered area along with a large table, grill and sink. The price is very reasonable and if you ask, they can make you fresh breakfast for a small fee and even dinners. Just plan ahead with them.

There is lots to do in Costa Rica and Sean and his brother Brian want to make your stay unforgettable. Both are good surfers and if you are looking for that, you have come to the right place. I DON’T SURF (nor did the other 7 people who came with me) and we still had a blast! We went to the waterfalls, Sunset Croc Tour, Zip lining, a farmers market, booze cruise/snorkeling (with lunch on Tortuga Island) and Manuel Antonio National Park.

So here is where it gets amazing. Surf Costa is all about making you happy with a 100% concierge service! Sean (his wife Ariel) and Brian love the country and want you to experience it to during your stay. Costa Rica has a saying “Pura Vida” which translate to Pure Life (and good fortune).

The price of the room includes your transportation to and from the airport. You have an hour and a half to start talking about thing you want to do. For instance, on our first full day we just wanted to go the beach. No problem! Sean loaded us all up in the van and took us 4 minutes to the beach. Oh yeah, we had to stop at Margarita’s (a breakfast joint on the beach) first. The menu was all in Spanish and they only spoke Spanish. NO PROBLEM. Sean read us the menu and placed our order. The food was great. Sean then took us to a secluded area of the beach. It was just us hanging out under the palm trees. If that wasn’t enough, Sean put up two hammocks and two cloud loungers (think of air filled couch/bed). Service, service, service!

It doesn’t stop there with the type of service you can expect. Anything we wanted, Sean had a connection and was making a phone call to make it happen. If we need to go to the grocery or beer store, Sean took us. Oh, I just realized I forgot to mention the TWO message ladies he called to come to the property for us. A 1 hour message for $40!! It truly was 100% concierge!

Now for the cons. As I mentioned, there were no dressers. This wasn’t a huge deal for our group but I know for some, that’s a problem. You are in a jungle. While it’s safe, you will see lot of salamander and iguana’s on the property. We even had a porcupine wonder in while we were eating. They have chickens (fresh eggs in the AM), rosters, and dogs roaming the property. Again, we loved it but others may not. Ariel (Sean’s wife) and Liam (their son) also live on the property. They are a great family.

I gave this a 4 star rating only because I know that some people would be angry if I had given this a 5 star with the cons. I highly recommend Surf Costa. As I mentioned, not only were the sights beautiful but unless your royalty or LOADED, you WILL NOT experience the care and customer service that I have only found at Surf Costa. Pura Vida!

Edgar H
“Great way to experience Costa Rica”
Reviewed 4 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Sean and his family made us feel welcome from the first second we arrived. He took us to see the sunset at a local beach while his wife, Ariele, cooked us a meal with local fish that was caught the day before. From that moment on I knew I was in for a great week. We spent our days visiting the nearby beaches, paddle boarding and surfing, swimming at waterfalls, hiking through jungles and national parks, drinking local beers made with spring water and seasonal fruit, eating local foods and visiting the local fair running from bulls! It was quite a week and I'm glad we chose Surf Costa to show us around. And that's not even mentioning the room we stayed in which was great. A/C, hot showers, comfortable bed, full kitchen; there's also a beautiful pool on-site. It was paradise and I would recommend anyone who is visiting Costa Rica to visit Surf Costa and let them show you how great Costa Rica really is.

Andrew R
“This place is the best”
Reviewed 28 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

This is the second time I've taken my family to stay at this place. Great accommodations, nicest crew running the place and located in a town that is off the beaten path and not club med.

Sean, Ariel, and Brian are the nicest people you'll ever meet. You become part of their family when you stay in one of their villas. We went surfing several times, some other outdoor adventures and we even went to a rodeo.

If you want to experience Costa Rica, stay here.

Your age range 35-49
kpannullo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The best vacation we have ever had!!!”
Reviewed 17 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

I discovered Surfcosta through friends and after hearing about their incredible experience booked an 8 day stay with them for our honeymoon. My husband and I wanted a vacation that was a mix of beach and adventure and Surfcosta delivered. We had Sean as our guide who instantly made us feel like we were being guided around by a longtime friend. The room we had was perfect, a private terrace with a hammock that I utilized in the mornings to eat breakfast and listen to nature surrounding the property, a spacious room with a queen bed, kitchen, and relaxing shower. When you stay with Surfcosta, you get to experience the best eats, beaches, hiking spots, and snorkel trips through the eyes of a local, which I feel is the greatest way to really visit a place. By the end of the week, I legitimately felt depressed the vacation was ending and my husband and I have already started talking about our next time down. We both agreed it was the best vacation we have ever had and it made our honeymoon next level amazing. I cannot recommend a stay at Surfcosta enough. You will love your time here and wish you were never leaving!

Your age range 25-34
Lauren F
Ocean Township, New Jersey
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 12 October 2016 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

I mean...we have been 6 times in the past 5 years. Need i say more? Escape from the commercialized all inclusive resorts and live like the locals do for a week. You won't regret it! Property is amazing, the local food is the best and the most knowledgeable tour guides around will show you all the best things to see!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing