“More than I ever could have asked for.”
other travellers have booked this property
Front view of vacation home and pool deck
Pool area at night Living room and kitchen area, open concept with glass doors out to terrace.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Pool area at night
Living room and kitchen area, open concept with glass doors out to terrace.
Private terrace, perfect for breakfast, coffee, and monkey watching!
bedroom #1
bedroom #2 (additional twin bed not pictured)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Amanda S
West Long Branch, New Jersey
“More than I ever could have asked for.”
Reviewed 3 March 2016 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

From airport arrival to the goodbye at our next location Sean and Ariele were more than accommodating. Myself and 2 friends traveled and stayed with SurfCosta for 4 days. The main reason for our trip was to relax, surf, eat and site see. And we got all those things and more.
It is great to travel with someone who speaks the language of where you are and of course knows the area better than anyone. Sean did just that for us. He took us to the best local food joints, we saw and jumped into an amazing waterfall and of course had great surf lessons and was able to stand up on my first try.
The food Ariele made for us, from scratch, can not even be explained in words. There is nothing this lovely lady can not make. The black bean quinoa burgers were to die for and the fresh almond milk was yummy!
From morning to night the grounds were kept beautiful. The pool was great to hang by to relax and have a few drinks. The house we stayed in had a great roof top that overlooked the ocean in a distance. The wildlife right in your backyard is something you will not get anywhere else.
This is a one of a kind experience that is more than Highly Recommended.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Jerome M
Santa Clara, California
“Most awesomest vacation ever!”
Reviewed 4 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

So I just wanted to add a few more comments about our great trip to Surf Costa. I myself had never been anywhere out of the country so Costa Rica was all new to me and let me tell you...it was awesome!

Sean and Bryan Gleason are so generous and kind. The home we stayed in was clean and set up with all we needed and the pool was especially great - so warm and yet refreshing. We ate at the BBQ and huge table by the pool every day!

I really wanted to go fishing, but the cost of renting a boat was extremely expensive. Sean and Bryan went out of their way to get me on a boat. Bryan took me and another guest out on his own boat! I had a blast and can't say enough how appreciative I was for their effort to get me on the ocean. It was a blast!

Also the Gleason's did their very best to give us all good direction on what to do and where to go. Very fun and really the best time I've had in years!

Thank you guys!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The monkeys every morning, the birds and the igaunnas all over the place!
Liked least: We had to go home after 8 nights
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
JoAlyceu
Santa Clara, California
“THE BEST PLACE IN COSTA RICA!!!!!”
Reviewed 3 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016
people found this review helpful

Okay. I have to start by stating that Brian is the most gracious, accommodating, intuitive, creative, knowledgeable, articulate, and most awesome host!!! This was one of my best trips ever and I have never met such wonderful hosts!!! Its an atmosphere of tranquility and/or a launching pad for other adventures. We all had great conversations... I would highly recommend Surf Costa to any and all of my friends and family. Don't go anywhere else - book a place here!!

The pool was SPECTACULAR to say the least. We had a group of 7 and together we all decided to take a whole day and just stay there and relax instead of sight seeing! It was so relaxing and beautiful! The hammocks are great and we all loved the beautiful outdoor shower. Every morning a huge troop of rare Squirrel Monkeys come through the canopy of trees. We saw them every morning and fed them bananas that Brian made sure we had. It was the coolest thing ever - they were super cute! We saw lots of wildlife such as flocks of Scarlet Macaws fly over, beautiful Blue Morpho butterflies were all around, and there is a HUGE tree with a giant iguana living in it . On a personal note - I myself fell in love with one of their dogs named Ruffo who came to give me cuddles every evening (the dogs are so polite and nice).

Brian told us everything about Costa Rica - he was better than a guide book. Truthfully, Brian went above and beyond for my husband, Jerome. We did lots of really neat things on our trip such as hiking, eating, shopping, crocodile tours, beach time, etc.) but all my husband wanted to really do was to take a fishing trip, but as it turns out fishing trips are pretty pricey and we could not afford it. Instead, Brian and Sean both helped to set up a fishing trip for Jerome. They used their own boat and took my husband and another guest out on the fishing trip of a lifetime! They caught some huge Red Snappers that we all cooked up and shared for a fun meal together. That day and that experience will always be with my husband as one of the best things he has ever done! He didn't stop talking about the trip for days - haha. It was not something we had set up and Brian and Sean really went above and beyond to give Jerome that experience. Outstanding people!!

Surf Costa is a beautifully built local home on lots of acres of tropical forest and landscaped forest. There were people who came to help clean up our HUGE messes we made (7 people have lots of towels, trash and dishes!). Other people who take care of the grounds, the pool was so clean and beautiful! The home isn't brand new. Just beautiful, clean and super comfortable. These are local people who rent out their home. It was perfect! The neighborhood is quiet, the people are kind, and the beach is about a three minute car ride or 10 minute walk. We did groceries and were able to comfortably cook each day.

We feel blessed to have been there and already miss the house and the guys!! We wished we could come live with them - haha!!! Thank you to all of them for making our trip so wonderful!!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It is so hard to say only one thing - the pool, the monkeys, and Brian and Dave!!
Liked least: This impossible to answer - I loved it all so much!! It's a little hard to find, but Brian will help you with anything if you call him!
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Highlands, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 July 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Tour guides friendly, location, organization of guide, tours
Liked least: i wouldnt change a thing!
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 July 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Management Response
3 Aug 2015
Thanks so much for your honest feedback, it helps us make the experience even better for future guests...and of course thanks for spreading the word about our quaint but personal homes and service. Hope to see you soon!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing