See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 August 2017

I stayed here for 10 days April 2016 for some much needed recovery time. Incredibly peaceful and absolutely beautiful. The lake is pristine and just down the steps, I slept to the waves lapping at the shore. the kayaks on the dock were a nice plus. Moya was so solicitous and I didn't lack for anything. with her advice I arrived from Guatemala City easily without a car - took a bus then taxi. the bus ride was an air conditioned coach (a little chilly, glad of my warm clothes from home) seems that most guests stay one night on their way to somewhere else, they are missing out. the guest house is spacious and inviting, several common areas with chairs and hammocks. there is a surrounding wall and locked gate for privacy, but I had no concerns about safety as a woman traveling alone. A public bus makes the trip between villages on the lake if you'd like to explore, those lucky enough to live on this lake are so hospitable. Waiting as a woman in the village made fresh tortillas to order, I told her that in the US we buy them in packages that are a month old or more, she couldn't believe it. and after tasting hers, I'm a little sad every time I eat an old corn tortilla. This is your perfect temporary home as you enjoy the most beautiful place in the world.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2016

I spend a few days in Guatemala ; I arrived to Gucumatz because a friend basically push me; I was not sure about the place However I LOVE IT !!! Moya is a lovely woman who takes care of everything and her cuisine is so good!!! Hey Folks don’t leave Tikal without visit this paradise!! I am sure I will back Moya!! Thank you!!! Ivan

Room Tip: Just be patience because after your trip ; you will find the paradise !
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2015

Gucumatz is everything needed and them some more! The room was nothing fancy but it was very clean and nothing was lacking. The Inn's grounds and staff are what really set this place apart. There were comfortable places to lounge and enjoy the beautiful sunsets. It was perfect after a long day's drive and border crossing to sit at the edge of the lake, dangle our legs in the water, drink a cold beer, and watch the sun go down. Moya was so helpful. She kept a running tab for us as we enjoyed cold Gallo beers and home-cooked breakfasts and dinners (Moya is an excellent cook). We really, really loved the humming bird feeders everywhere. The hummers are three times larger than the ones we're use to and they sound like mini helicopters. If we make it back into the area we already plan to spend at least a whole day just relaxing and enjoying Gucumatz.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2015

Very, very relaxing A this Inn is right on the waterfront. Far
enough away from the hustle yet close enough you can
join in if you wish.

Rooms are comfortable, clean and very quiet.

The restauarnt is quite good too. Prices are very reasonable

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2014

Solo traveller who stayed for 3 nights in October 2013. It felt like visiting family. Quite isolated, so recommended for a relaxing stay. Very clean inn, delicious food available for purchase, beautiful area.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo