“Espectacular..”
Review of La Chula

La Chula
Ranked #129 of 492 Restaurants in Tulum
Price range: USD 1 - USD 5
Description: Casual Dining Cocina de confort del mar & Oyster bar Cocina fresca con productos de los mares de Mexico, cocina deliciosa y sin pretenciones.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This is a great place to have lunch after a swimming in Tulum... all the details has been taken seriously... the food, service, chinaware, beverages, etc. No doubt the chefs know what their are doing.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We stumbled on this place by accident and I’m so glad we did! Wonderful service and food albeit yeah, a little slow but totally worth it. Good cocktails, too. I had ant eggs on the side of the guacamole which gave it a pop and with butter, onions and herbs, it was delicious. For dinner it was prawns in sauce which was very flavorful but very messy to get into the meat being drowned in the tasty sauce. I was practically stuffed by the time prawns arrived from eating endless fresh tortillas and guac and other sauces. Also, daughter had crab which she loved. Son had this crazy, flaming steak served under a glass cover which when opened let out all the smoky flavors to hit the whole table and he said it was the most tender he’d ever had. Melted in his mouth. I also had a yummy ceviche as I couldn’t control myself. Was easily the best meal all 5 of us had during the whole week in Mexico. Don’t miss it if you’re nearby!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Food was tasty, especially the pulpo tacos. I really liked the ambience, service and the food from La Chula.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

My boyfriend and I discovered this place on our third day of being in Tulum, on the way back from the beach. He loves oysters so we decided to stop in and have a meal before continuing to our hotel. Right from the start we had a great time. We were greeted kindly by the staff and were quickly seated. The food came so fast and was absolutely incredible. The menu is fabulous and has everything you could ever want from a seafood restaurant. Side note: I am not a fan of oysters but since my boyfriend is, he of course ordered a dozen and I tried one... I am now a fan of oysters. They were excellently prepared and so yum. We had the greatest time here and ended up going 3 more times during our 9 day stay. A little pricier compared to some meals we had in town but SO WORTH IT. The quality of the ingredients and care that went into the food really shined through. So happy to have experienced it. Can't wait to come back to Tulum just for La Chula.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We had oysters, tuna tostada and Oaxaca filet. Steak was cooked perfect medium rare and sauce was amazing. The oysters were grilled with a Chile sauce that was phenomenal. The service was delightful and the atmosphere perfect. The best meal that we ate during our stay in Tulum. We would have went back but it was our last night! Enjoy! Sorry there are no photos