All reviews security guard bed was comfortable hotel is located hot water every morning wifi taxi bikes pool mexico sleep
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Travelocity led me to this place for $220 USD/night which is a complete outrage. The rooms are tiny, the shower does not drain, the hotel is far away from beaches and other attractions. If I had seen this place with my own eyes before booking, I would not have paid more than 30 USD/night. I will no longer use travelocity to make my hotel bookings, have had too many bad experiences in which I've paid extortionate prices for very very mediocre accomodations.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
RafaelRys, Director de Recepción at Gaia Hotel Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Thanks for your comments, we´ll do the necesary to be make better our services!

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

The only positive is that they have a great pool.Otherwise it is way over price.If you like hearing trucks and cars during the night and hear the guy in the next room snoring and the tiny box smells like smoke this is your place.There are other places in Tulum for $90.00.This is about an$35.00 room in my opinion.Donot stay here.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo

Thanks for your coments!
We will do as possible with our service.
We have a different concept with prefabricated containers with all that you need, and are non-smoke rooms. The prices can be different depending by season.
If you come back to Tulum we can offer you a different option to be!
Again, thank you for all! we are at your service!
Happy Holidays!
Best Regards!

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Nice and cozy place at the edge of Tulum on the furthest side from the public beach but close to cenote meaning that you'll need a bicycle (hotel rents bicycles for a decent price) or taxi to get around. Super clean, bedsheets, towels replaced every day. Very comfortable beds and safebox available for your valuables. Fresh coffee and cookies provided every morning for a light start of the day. Great pool that is long enough for the laps. Very safe, security guard was on duty on 24/7 base. Wifi is available but if you are in the rooms that are far from the reception you may not have the connection (in my case staff offered me to move to the room above the reception). Hotel is close to the main road so you may hear the hum of traffic that will probably affect only the light sleepers. Helpful and friendly staff.

Room tip: For quietness choose one far from the reception, for the wifi one close to the reception.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
RafaelRys, Director de Recepción at Gaia Hotel Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

hello marko! we are thankfull for your coments, and hope have you in a close future again with us. About the wifi, unfortunately we had a problem with the equipment that provides the signal, however it is already solved and fully functional for all rooms (even within them as always). You can enjoy too, cenotes and natural parks in Tulum, or some Tours on a lot of places in your visit, we´ll here for help you if you come back.
Thank You Very Much for all! Best of Luck

Gaia Hotel Tulum

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I really liked my stay in Gaia Tulum. The staff is very nice and friendly. Even the check out time is at 12.00, they gave me access to the room the whole day because my bus is leaving at night. I could keep my bike the rest of the day too. Furhermore it is very clean, including the swimmingpool. I would recommend this place for sure!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
RafaelRys, Director de Recepción at Gaia Hotel Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you Irene! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in Gaia Hotel! and and also for being able to help you in waiting for your trip! Also remember that we can help you with the tours you want on your next visit so you can know everything about Tulum!
Best Wishes!

Reviewed 3 August 2017

We were a group of young volleyball players, parents, chaperones and coaches. The hotel was ideal for our two night stay. We were out all day, but returned at night to rest. A/C was excellent. Rooms are small, but comfortable for our purpose. Parking space was excellent for our vans. Carmen was very helpful with the booking and with information about Tulum before arrival. We used whatsapp and she was always available and very personable. The other hotel staff was also very nice and helpful. Very good service. I like the outdoor space. The outdoor seating and access to refrigerator were convenient for our group to have takeout meals. The quality is budget/student travel accommodations, but ideal for our group of young athletes. We did not have time to use the pool, but it looked nice. Rooms were generally clean and adequate. Overall, it was a good stay,

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you Nicole! We are happy to have had you here, and we hope that u come again in a future, so you can enjoy our pool more calmly! Nice Group! we will be here available to you when you need it!
Best wishes