All reviews homemade pasta italian food shrimp amazing beach mayan riviera tulum beach white sand beach laid back mexico paradise handmade vibe ocean stretch eco breeze waves
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

Overpriced but food was seriously delicious. HOWEVER, we were shocked to receive the bill which said we could pay 1213 pesos or $74 USD. That is a rip off and is insulting. I don’t know who is doing the converting but would not return out of principle.

1  Thank Samsonbun
Reviewed 19 October 2018

Would never not recommend Posada Margarita to anyone as the service.. staff and food were in the main of the highest quality.. The focaccia bread basket was a nice touch to start for sure. I went for the shrimp pasta which had way to much garlic.. I managed to swap with one of my party for the fish ( grouper ) .. it’s was excellent. The rest had basic tomato pasta which was deemed fine and tasty.
The bill then came and was way above London prices for similar .. Wine also. Offered a credit card but yet again refused .. it’s cash only .. Managed to scramble the cash between us .. Could have been embarrassing.. Do all tourists carry thousands of pesos or is it just me that picks every restaurant that only deal in cash ?
Either way .. Shame no cards ,, decent but overpriced pasta.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2018

Amazng food here!! Fresh pasta, with fresh herbs grown and picked from the pathway leading to the dining area!
Very unique place beachside.
Feels like you are at an Italian village.
Staff isn't too friendly, and are not mexican. Owner comes and tells you the menu, not a large selection. But, selection is enough to please all types of preferences.
Shrimp was huge and you had to peel them, too fishy for me. But my son loved them.
Their appetizers were good and included.
I had a cucumber martini and it was light and so fresh.
Dessert was great! had the chocolate mouse
This place is one of the most expensive in Tulum, but worth it. I'm not a huge Italian food person, but this was the best pasta I've ever eaten! It melts in your mouth.
Portions are large, so we share a dish and get dessert.
I've been here 5 times and its the same each time.
You have to pay in CASH only. And they do have an atm machine at the checkout, but it doesn't always work.
It can get loud at this restaurant and its dimly lit and romantic too.
You NEED reservations or get there by 6, on any night. Its always busy. They don't do anything but dinner.
A dinner for 2 with a couple drinks and dessert will be about $85-$100

Room tip: 5 star food!
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my meal here. For non-Americans, the portions here (as throughout Mexico) are very generous. Whilst they were tasty, don’t fill up on the focaccia antipasti plate!

I ordered a “special” pasta based on their prawn linguine, substituting the prawns with lobster. Bellissimo!!!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

The location and the place it’s surely amazing. However, not worth it $160.00 USD for a bottle of wine - $50.00 for it - and 2 poor plates of fish cooked too simply. Really overpriced, overrated and it’s cash only

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorenzo P