“Tribble place, tribble service, teribble food”
Review of La Siesta

La Siesta
Ranked #114 of 498 Restaurants in Tulum
Price range: USD 8 - USD 15
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Restaurant “La Siesta” is located in Tulum downtown, in the beautiful Riviera Maya. Surrounded by a luxuriant garden, La Siesta is a cozy and romantic place. The wide space can host big groups, organize birthdays and private parties as well business dinners and work groups.Our cuisine is simple but international, using only fresh ingredients and natural products and offering affordable prices. Our “pasta” is daily homemade: lasagna, fettuccine, ravioli and gnocchi. The fish and the local seafood (caught daily): lobsters, shrimps and a wide range of seafood that you can also taste in our famous “paella”.And the meat in the typical Mexican and Argentinean cuts, naturally grilled or tasted with the peculiar recipes of our menu.Last but not least the great pizza, obviously cooked in the wood stove. All the menu can match with our varied wine cellar, a refreshing beer or a special cocktail.We also offer the home delivery service from 1 pm to 11 pm; no extra charge in downtown and 20 pesos for each delivery for the hotels located on Tulum beach.
Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

The food on the menu outside looked ok to us so we decided to sit and eat there.
The waiter was impatient although I repeated again and again that I can't eat dairy cause I'm allergic . After more then half an hour we got our dishes, with cheese (although I made myself very clear to the waiter about my allergic to diary).

I asked the owner to change my dish to another one, and the dish was ready after more then again, half an hour.

I've never waited so long for a meal in a restaurant.
I was shocked by the unprofessional service, (no one took responsibility for the diary in my meal) and about the fact that I could feel so bad or actually die,if I would ate the dish without confirming that it does not including any diary.
The owner was so rood, didn't apologize and when I asked to take the dish as a take away cause I already had to go, I got it without any fork and knife, with an answer of n-o (no, as we don't have it).

Reviewed 4 January 2017

January first. We had a recommendation for a place that turned out to be closed. So we stopped at the nearby La Siesta. We waited for a while then we sat down in the wonderful courtayd/garden of this restaurant. The atmosphere was very festive and pleasant. Unfortunately the pizza was not as good. The crust was not well leavened and was almost lumpy. Tomato sauce was scarce, basically a nuance of red on the crust. Pizza came underdone and cold. I sent it back for more cooking. But things did not improve dramatically... At the end of dinner, when I mentioned the poor quality of our experience to one of the waiter who was Italian he replied that it had been a difficult, busy night and everyone may not have been at its best on those conditions... I understand. Still for us it was not the best way to start the year...

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

After reading all the great reviews we were looking forward to eating here. With an impressive menu and friendly staff we ordered in eager anticipation. It took nearly an hour for my tomato and mozzarella salad to arrive, and nearly the same for the pasta main. With another 20 mins for an expresso I think over 2 hours for a simple meal was a bit excessive.

The food was delicious once it was on the table... It just seemed a mission to receive it!! I'm not sure what the problem was as all the staff were running around like headless chickens with no one knowing what the other was doing.

It looked like the other tables were in the same situation as us but there was a table of four next to us that arrived after and left before us!!!

A bit disappointed as no one acknowledged the tardiness and we received no apology.

Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

It's a little slow but the pasta is great. Tuna steak not overdone. I've always liked the vitello tonato. Great Italian food in a romantic courtyard setting. Consistently good. We make a visit here everytime we're in the area.

Reviewed 25 December 2016

We came here for takeaway because I wasn't feeling too well. The food was really good and cheap, but the wait was long.