“Amazing Place, Great Food, Perfect Proposal Spot”
Review of Kin Toh

Kin Toh
Reserve with OpenTable
Kin Toh is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #134 of 489 Restaurants in Tulum
Description: KIN TOH is a fine dining, high-cuisine restaurant experience. Built on stilts 12m above Tulum`s Mayan jungle, our venue is the best location to gaze at the beautiful Caribbean sunsets. We seek to surprise and create unparalleled and unforgettable sensations for our customers. We use different textures, flavours, temperatures and the best ingredients for Mexican and Mayan infused cuisine. We only use fresh products, most of them locally grown and organic, to ensure the best quality in every dish served. Through our cuisine, we invite our guests to join us in a unique gastronomical journey to reconnect with the elements. We offer a wide selection of international spirits and Mexican distillates as a complement for a delightful evening. Each night a surprising performance from world renowned artists take place to complete the KIN TOH experience.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

To start off, I've never been to Tulum, and was planning on proposing to my girlfriend here. I was referred by a random person to propose at Azulik. I took the chance and before I came to Tulum, I reserved a table at Kin Toh. I assumed the nests, which are there premium seating outdoors are free, but they have minimums on that you have to spend that can get pricy. Luckily when I got there, Max who I believe is a manager, asked his boss to see if I could use the best nest table they have for a few minutes to propose. They hooked me up and let me use it for awhile, so I ended up proposing there and it was perfect. My girlfriend (fiance now) loved it and it was perfect. Then for dinner we went to the regular tables but they hooked it up once again at a nice table overseeing the sunset and put roses all over the table. Julie was our server and she was wonderful. Azulik is a premium place so expect it to be pricey, I don't think i've ever spent that much on a dinner in my life being a vegetarian (I'd understand if it was a steak dinner). I believe the dinner for two ended up being $200 USD, we had a bottle of champagne and a drink that was around another $200, and later we found out they had hookah so we definitely took advantage of that! The food was in small portions, but it was tasty. The food is a mixture of mayan ingredients with modern. I could see why people would not like it for being in small portions and might not like the taste but we enjoyed a modern twist to trying mayan influenced dishes. The entire place doesn't have much electricity, so everything is lit by candles which made it the perfect romantic dinner. Would definitely recommend with your significant other! Again my special thanks to Max and Julie and the hosts who helped with my last minute proposal, will never forget it!

Azulik1, Director General at Kin Toh, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear rp0711

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us, we feel so honored because you choose us for such an important date, and everythng was perfect, our best wishes for you!!!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

KIN TOH Tree-Top restaurant, under the leadership of Executive Hotel chef Paolo Della Corte, presents itself as a Mayan-Mexican avant-garde cusine in which the chef aims to offer the guest an experience that involves al five senses, mixing methods and local ingredients from native cuisine with international elements.
This restaurant is built like a tree house 12 meters above Tulum's Mayan Jungle.It is situated within the spectacular and unique Azulik hotel concept, the realized dream of talented architect Eduardo Neira. The venue is a unique location to gaze at the beatiful Caribbean sunset and jungle, from one of the many round tables, all beautifully set for the guests, as if invited to live a cinematic experience.
You can choose from eight different courses, ranging from local pork Yaax Kaa, to New York beef taco, slow cooked lamb in swiss chards, catch of the day with white clamm sauce and chardonnay, tuna tacos Pastor Style, coconut tempura shrimps, roasted alaskan salmon and handmade fetuccini with fresh black truffle. Vegan and signature dishes are also offered, as well some 3 to 6 courses fixed price tasting menus

Dear David

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us, we are so glad to read that you had an amazing time with us,and that you really enjoy all the enviroment,

Best reagrds

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Words can not possibly describe this place. Pictures dont do them justice, it is sooo much more than we expected. Beautiful, luxurious tree house restaurant. Fine dining, outdoors. Very friendly, patient, knowledgeable staff. Food was great, my friends and I fell in love with the location. We will definitely be returning sooner than later. Next time to stay at azulik resort. Everyone in Tulum should check it out even for just a few drinks.

1  Thank priscila c
Azulik1, Director General at Kin Toh, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Priscila C

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your dining experience with us. We are so happy to read that you had an amazing time with us. And we´ll be waiting for you anytime

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Lovely place, hot vibe, great drinks. Not cheap, but you're on vacation! Try champagne in the Crow's Nest (get there early).

Dear KatieClarkeBishop

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us, hope to see you soon

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

This place unfortunately had the worst service I have ever experienced. The only positive thing about Kin Toh is that the ambiance, design and views are very unique and lovely. However, it is a shame the management is so poor and service is subpar, at best.

My girlfriend and I waited over an hour and a half for seating, WITH a reservation, at which point we decided to leave, still unseated. Many people were seated before us, and at one point the waitress told us we were next in line for a table, yet we then witnessed another couple get seated before us. After an 45 minutes of waiting, we were finally made aware that we could order an appetizer, which we preceded to do. Unfortunately, the appetizer was horrible, and took a very long time to arrive. Since so many people were seated before us and the waitresses were very rude to us, I can’t help but believe this was a discrimination issue since we were an lgbt couple. We finally decided to give up, so we paid for our uneaten (and overpriced) appetizer and left. This truly was the worst customer service experience I have ever encountered. I would recommend avoiding, especially as an lbgt couple.

1  Thank KattyH60
Azulik1, Director General at Kin Toh, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear Katie

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a detail review with us, it will always help us to understand how our guests feel at the property in order to do our best to improve all our services, We regret to know that your experience at Kin Toh, wasn´t the way you expectected.
I´m taking all your comments about the services very seriously and you can be sure that we are always worried to provide our people all the necesary traine so they can meet our guests expectations. I´m going to give the proper follow up and I hope you have the oportunity to visit us again in a near future so we can be able to change our expectations

General Director