All reviews pirate buffet bunk beds kids club club area kids buffet a la carte restaurants family section family vacation the ice cream shop super mario sergio castro club concierge bottle warmers kids pool swim up room main buffets mamma mia
Reviewed 3 April 2018

The food was fairly good ovealll but nothing I would rave about. .We did not like the swiss a la carte at all ,also up charges at one of the a la carte restuarants..Alot of things just seemed to taste the same.The staff was friendly and the surroundings very nice.The beach is good but lots of rocks in the water , water shoes would be a good idea.

Room tip: Pillows and bed are hard.we had a trouble sleeping.
Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Princess_RivieraMaya, Manager at Family Club at Grand Riviera Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Dear ChrisSchroeder53,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel.

We are happy that you enjoyed our staff, hotel grounds and overall experience.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back at our amazing Family Club at Grand Riviera Princess.

Warm regards,

Joao Silva
Community Manager
community.riviera@princess-hotels.com

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Zuriel provided amazing concierge service to us during our most recent visit to the resort. He was so helpful and accommodating. He saved us time and money, and was so incredibly helpful in tracking down an item left in the buffet. Every time we saw him, he was smiling and always said hello. Thank you Zuriel!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Melissa S
Princess_RivieraMaya, Community Manager at Family Club at Grand Riviera Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Melissa S,

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay at Family Club Princess and we want to thank you for choosing us to spend your vacation days. We really appreciate that you took your time to share this nice review, emphasizing the good service offered by Zuriel. It is important to say that our collaborators are well trained in order to provide unforgettable experiences to our valued guests and we are truly happy to read that we succeed in your case.

It was and it will be an honour to host you once again, hope you give us the opportunity to serve you soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a weeks vacation and stayed in the family club.

Quick review to say the food was excellent and my daughter loved the pirate buffet though for us the other buffets and restaurant and sports bar were better for adults obviously.

Rooms are spacious, modern and very clean.

The grounds were well manicured and breathtaking.
The Lend out program for strollers and toddler push cars is an amazing touch and we ended up getting a nice stroller than out own for the week!

We stayed in a swim out room so out infant could nap and we could swim and the pack and play they provided for him was in great shape and had a thick mattress and he slept very well. My daughter loved the bunkbeds

I really want to write this review for certain staff to be at knowledged.
I decorated our table at the pirate buffet one morning for my husband‘s birthday and Isreal and Hermosa saw what I was doing and offered special drinks, made a birthday balloon hat, brought us out a delicious full cake with candles, arranged for all the staff to sing to our table and took our family photos. Definitely above beyond service.

My daughter was a week too young to stay alone at the kids club and she was pretty disappointed. The mini club staff werehelpful telling us about family activities arranged through the day for kids of all ages next to the pool.
We didn’t have enough time each day to do everything this resort had to offer especially with The mini club offering creative and fun activities, a waterpark, a dry playground, and ice cream shop, family time in the main childcare room and all the amazing kids programming at night including live shows .

I wanted to acknowledge Mary from the Mini club. She greeted my daughter with a hug each morning, looked for her around the pool to let her know when a new activity was to start and the night before we left made sure to ask us to come by before we left. She made my daugter a present and sown both their initials on it.
My Daugter asked each morning if it was time to see Mary each day at breckfast and if she bought something or when she got her hair braided at the beach the first thing she wanted to do was “show Mary”.
When asked at Preschool about her vacation the next day, the activities with Mary was her shared memory.
She asked for her picture in her vacation album.
She is a special person in the right profession.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank crissyfile

Dear crissyfile,

First of all we want to thank you for your preference and for taking the time to write such a positive and detailed review.We will never grow tired of providing the type of service that warrants satisfaction in our guests and we are truly glad to know that we succeed in your case. Thank you again for letting us pamper your kids, we can assure you that Israel, Hermosa, and Mary will be happy to hear from you and your nice words dedicated to them, your comment will encourage them to continue providing an excellent service.

As we mentioned, we really appreciate your feedback, which shall serve as a further source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of hospitality excellence. It was an honour to host you and we sincerely hope that Family Club Princess will be your number one choice for future vacations.

Greetings from Mexico,

Reviewed 30 March 2018

My kids loved the Grand Princess Riviera family club. They went to the kids club every single evening, and my kids Milana and Daniel would like to thank Fernanda, Anna and Azul from the kids club. We would also like to thank Cecilia from the entertainment team. Thank you for making this the best trip ever

Room tip: Family club
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Karina K
Princess_RivieraMaya, Community Manager at Family Club at Grand Riviera Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Karina K,

We want to thank you for deciding to host your vacation at Family Club Princess. It is really great to know that you had an excellent stay, but mainly that our staff were helpful and friendly, they are well trained to make unforgettable experiences for you at each visit. We will extend your nice word to Fernanda, Ana, Azul and Cecilia, they will be happy to hear from you.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community, hope we have the pleasure to host you for a second time.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Unbeknownst to us, my sister-in-law's family booked into this resort at the same time that my husband and I would be visiting Cancun with our 19 month old daughter. Since they were on an all-inclusive, we decided to come to them for a couple of nights, so that the cousins could have time together.

My sister-in-law has 3 kids - almost 1 year, 3 years, and 6 years old. She found it difficult to find resorts with rooms that accommodate a family of five. The Family Club rooms are great - the bunk beds are a nice feature; good pack and plays for the babies; and a trundle bed that pulls out for the bunk bed for toddlers, so no worrying about them rolling off the bed.

Her kids loved the Kids' Club, and my sister-in-law thought the staff were great. My daughter, at 20 months, was too young to really enjoy the Kids' Club, and she was scared of the many cascading water features in the kiddie pool. She did much better in a regular pool.

The food is barely passable. And as vegetarians, my husband and I struggled to find many choices.

The resort outside of the Family Club area is *huge*, and much more of a Spring Break party scene than we were hoping for.

The beach is a 15 minute walk from the Family Club area, which could be a drawback if you're really looking for beach time.

If you have one kid, I'd pass on this resort. You can definitely find better. If you have three kids, it's worth considering.

Room tip: Make sure to confirm that the Family Club room you are booking includes access to all the kid amenities!
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank TheLittlestPassport
Princess_RivieraMaya, Manager at Family Club at Grand Riviera Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear TheLittlestPassport,

Thank you for your detailed review of your experience at our hotel.

We appreciate your constructive criticism and we will be looking at a way of increasing the number of vegetarian options that we have at our Family Club buffet.

We are glad you enjoyed our spacious accommodations and, also, understand your final advice. Perhaps you would have a better experience at our other hotel Grand Sunset Princess. We would like to have an opportunity of welcoming you there so that we can exceed your expectations.

Kind regards,