Lived up to all my expectations after all the research done before our trip!
The resort is so pretty, spread out over the lagoons and the grounds were immaculate.
We stayed in the deluxe over water bungalow which was stunning and totally private, the only detached properties on the resort. Our room (408) was close to reception and we thought a better location than the beach villas.
The wildlife around the villa was amazing we even had crocs swimming by a few times and so many different types of birds.
All the staff were so helpful and friendly. Concierge tried really try hard with any requests.
The only downside if you want to be picky is the restaurants, the food was fine but not enough variety if you are there for a week or more and getting a reservation in the banyan tree proved very difficult! We did manage to get an early reservation in the Tamarind(6pm)and while we were there we walked to Saffron and managed to get booked in the for the following day. Worth doing if you are there for a week or more. We also had a really nice lunch at the golf club house. The hotel will arrange cars to take you anywhere else on the mayakoba resort.
Loungers round pool are not the most comfortable but we asked the pool boys to put 2 cushion covers on which made a big difference.
Would definatly go back and highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico