All reviewsbeach clubrestaurants and shopsmamitas beachwasher dryermega grocery storegarden suitefull kitchenstaff was extremely helpfulexcellent locationshort blocksliving areathatched roofnice poolapartmentbedroomhammocksavenue
Reviewed 3 February 2016

A few friends and I stayed here for three nights and had a great time. The staff was responsive to emails in advance and could not have been nicer about EVERYTHING. The apartment was spotless, the hammocks on the balcony were great, each room had its own bathroom, and there was a large living area. The staff was flexible about checking in early and checking out 30 minutes late based on our airport shuttle pick up time. I can't stress enough how kind each person was who works at Riviera Maya Suites and how easy they made our stay in Playa del Carmen. If you don't need a luxury resort or a hotel with breakfast included, this place is definitely for you and a great price for the space!

Room Tip: We stayed in the three bedroom penthouse and had three bedrooms with three bathrooms, a slight view of the water, and ample space!
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
RivieraMayaSuites, Public Relations Manager at Riviera Maya Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2016

Dear family,thank you very much for your comments.
We are happy to know your stay was pleasant and comfortable and we will take note about your suggestions for a better service. We hope you come soon and stay with us in your next family vacation, as a frequent guest you will have 10% off in your future reservation.Best regards.

Reviewed 10 January 2016

We just had our second stay there- loved it even more than the first time. We were in one of the top floor penthouse units - the roof deck was fantastic! Wonderful location right off Avenida Cinco and close to the beach. Chez Celine, a fantastic French bakery and cafe is steps away . The staff is wonderful, especially Simona, the desk manager . We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from 5th Avenue.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

Dear family, thank you very much for your comments.
We are very happy to know your stay was pleasant and comfortable ones again, always is nice to see you and talk to you and your family. We hope you come back soon remember as a frequent guest you have 10% off in your future reservation. Best regards.

Reviewed 2 January 2016

I booked this property last summer for a Christmas trip for my family of five after reading many reviews. The free access to the beach club was a major factor in my deciding on this property. I was very disappointed to receive an email after it was too late to book another property telling me that access to Las Palapas Beach Club would no longer be included in my benefits. I did receive excellent communication from the property telling me what the other options would be and explaining the prices and available discounts at other beach clubs.

Since I was not expecting free beach club access, I was pleased upon check-in when we were told that we would still have access to Las Palapas. The waiter on the beach told us that the hotel was only partially open (we had to use the bathrooms at the sister property Mahekal and our food/drinks came from Mahekal) and that it would be fully open the next day. Unfortunately when I tried to use the path from Riviera Maya Suites to the beach club the next day, I found the gates locked. Mamasitas is a short walk from the property and there are discounts available; however, I did not care for the loud electronica music and the throngs of people there. Perhaps I could have found a quieter spot there if it hadn't been Christmas week and extremely crowded everywhere we went.

As has been stated in other reviews, the condo we had (204) was very spacious and clean. We did hear a lot of noise from the pipes in the walls (my upstairs neighbor showered at 7 am most days) and from furniture being moved in the room above us. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. The access to 5th Avenue was excellent. However, the lack of easy access to chairs/umbrellas on the beach was a major negative factor for my family.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

Once again Simona and her staff at Riviera Maya Suites provided a wonderful family vacation. We have come to Playa many times in the past decade and our best vacations have always included this property. The location is great, close to everything, but not so close that you worry about crowds or noise. The units are large and clean. But what sets this apart from the others is the staff. They are extremely helpful, friendly and communicate so well. We highly recommend Riviera Maya Suites for your next vacation.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
RivieraMayaSuites, Director Comercial at Riviera Maya Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2016

Thank you very much for your comments, everyday, we work hard to be better as a condo hotel and is important for us to know we are doing a good job with your comments.
We will waiting for your visit pretty soon !!

Reviewed 30 July 2015

we were looking forward to staying here because of the location and most importantly the access to the beach.

we when showed up they never mentioned to us beforehand that the adjacent hotel was being remodeled and there was a new path to the beach. not the best view walking on the path, but it sucked!

the bungalows on the other hand, questionable. i get it that there in the jungle, but i woke up to cockroaches every morning. i gathered them for the cleaning folks to pick up.

The regular rooms located in the building are better. clean, etc. for the amount of $ we paid, we could have gotten better. lesson learned.

Room Tip: don't get the bungalow and make sure the path to the beach is fixed
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank jesse m
RivieraMayaSuites, Director of Sales at Riviera Maya Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2015

Dear Jesse,

we apologize that we haven´t fullfill your expectations for your stay at Riviera Maya Suites. It is true, the walk to the beach is not the same as it was before Las Palapas closed, we tried to advise to all our clients about the situation prior the arrival through e-mail and/or through the agency, I am sorry that you haven´t receive this information.

We do a frequently pest control at our Suites, we really apologize that your acomodation wasn´t bugs free and we are learning from your comments.

I hope that even those inconvenience you were able to enjoy your stay with us.

Sincely,