USD 309
  • Pool
Petit Lafitte(Playa del Carmen)
USD 163
Hotels.com
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
USD 329
USD 467
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
USD 422
USD 225
  • Breakfast included
Playacar Palace(Playa del Carmen)
USD 717
Bookit.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
USD 492
  • Beachfront
Book now, pay at stay
USD 792
Hotels.com
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
USD 879
USD 747
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
Free cancellation until 26/07
USD 1,042
2,390 results
All reviewsday clubclub levelthe grillbeach club next doorclub musicbeautiful hotelrooms are modernadult poolrestaurants and shopspool areaocean frontfifth avenuesushi barpool staffpartial ocean viewswim up roomfamily vacation
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

DON'T STAY HERE IF YOU EXPECT THE HOTEL TO BE HELPFUL AFTER BEING ROBBED @ GUN POINT, AND NOT JUST CARE ABOUT THEIR BOTTOM LINE PROFIT!!!!!

My family and I arrive at the hotel on 6/15 for a 5 night stay. One of the main reasons we booked this hotel was because of the close proximity to 5th Street.

Let me say that this hotel is beautiful, it really is. The rooms are great and spacious. The balcony area is very large. And with the glass sliding door to the patio, you definitely get that indoor outdoor feel, making the room feel very big. Therefore if this review was only based on that, I would give it a 5 star review.

I was robbed at gun point for all my money and more on 5th street, on our 1st night. The police were absolutely no help at all. I returned to the hotel and informed the front desk mrg (Erick) of the situation and it was like I was talking to a brick wall. I told the man I wanted to check out that me my family were leaving. He didn't want to refund my money for the reminder of the stay. He just kept quoting the hotel's no refund policy. After about a hour of going back and forth he finally agreed to refund 3 nights yet while penalizing me for 1 night. All he cared about was the bottom line profit for the hotel.

The hotel stuff does not know how to think outside the box on things. If you need help after something bad happens, don't stay here. I will also be contacting corporate about this.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
3  Thank ayelan1982
GrandHyattPlaya, Manager at Grand Hyatt Playa Del Carmen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ayelan1982,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen. It is only by way of customer feedback like yours that we are able to maintain and, when necessary, improve the experience that we provide to our valued guests.

I was very disappointed to read of your experience. Although an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome on this occasion, I do extend it with all sincerity.

I am addressing this concern with our executive and operational teams to ensure we are providing exceptional service to all guests. If you like to discuss this further, you may reach me at rosana.sosa@hyatt.com.

Again, please accept my apology and I hope you allow us to regain your trust with a future visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel it’s very beautiful with great views. It is also in a great location just a street down from 5 Ave were they have so many great restaurants and shops. The beach and pool is awesome only negative thing is that the beach is not private so you will have a lot of locals or other tourist sit on the beach since their isn’t any public beaches around. FYI They charge a service fee per day that you stay on top of your reservations but other than that it’s great.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rossana O, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Playa Del Carmen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear by,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are very happy for your visit! Our resort located in front of the Caribbean is a great option for high-end users who are looking for a great destination and amazing hospitality service. 5th Av just steps away also is very convenient for those who want to walk and live the experience of Playa.

Our brand, Grand Hyatt, has been designed to offer luxury, high class and great #momentsofmore. We are very happy to hear about your great experience.

Again thank you for your visit, we look forward to welcoming you again.
Warmest Regards.
Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Hyatt grounds are very beautiful and scenic. I really enjoyed the infinity pools and the scenery when you drive up to the hotel. The rooms were also very clean. My only complaint is that the customer service wasn’t amazing. Our first day, our room never got cleaned, but once we called, someone did come to clean it. Also, they don’t change our hour towels unless you request. The hotel is contemporary and clean, but there were just those small issues in our room.

We stayed in a room with a walkout pool. I really liked the setup. However from my room you only see the pools and trees. It was still better than an ordinary hotel room.

The pool servers were kind of impatient with us and typically when I got to Mexico, I never change my currency. I mostly use my card or give cash. They seemed to have an issue with it, but given my short stay I just dealt with it.

Overall, I would stay again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear RockyRobyn313,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen. It is only by way of customer feedback like yours that we are able to maintain and, when necessary, improve upon the experience that we provide to our valued guests.

Should you like to discuss this further, you may reach me at rosana.sosa@hyatt.com.

I hope you allow us to regain your trust with a future visit.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I loved to stay in this hotel for much more days than I expected...
This is a very different hotel than the others on the beach in Playa.
Why :
- The architecture : monumental, very modern and mineral
- The several swimming pools of sea water above the beach : simple, pure and natural design making us feel in harmony with the elements of nature
- The rooms : in the same spirit, large, contemporary, very resting, sober and elegant decoration, well equipped
- The welcoming team : they will do all they can to satisfy your needs ; friendly, discrete, warm, smiling, professional, caring ; the best mix of kindness and professionalism I ever met !
- The location : very convenient ; so close from the center of Playa and on the beach
- The quietness : in this hotel, you will hear music but gentle and at a low sound level contrary to all the other restaurants and hotels in Playa
- The mix of kind of clients : tourists and business people
Well, I highly recommend this place for a good stay in Playa Del Carmen.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear Valerie-Pe,

Thank you very much for your great review. We are totally exited after reading your comment! Our main purpose is to over exceed the expectations of our guests who are the most important for us.

We design carefully each touch, or element in our Resort!

Our gastronomy concept in all outlets are made by passionate people who love to offer a unique experience, in order to amaze our guest´s palates. Yes, white sand beachfront and Playas 5th Av just steps away, striking design lines by acclaimed Mexican architect Sordo Madaleno, great location, great Cabanas and beach vibe, there is no other place to go :)
Thank you for appointing our winning award by Interior Design Cenote SPA.

Again thank you for your review.
We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful and GRAND in every way! The beach is beautiful as are all the pools that are all over the property. We had great meals here- and the location is absolutely perfect, just a short walk to the famous playa del carmen strip. We loved the gym every morning, and all the staff at the resort are so attentive. We loved our stay! Thank you!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
GrandHyattPlaya, Gerente at Grand Hyatt Playa Del Carmen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear atravelinggirl3988,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We are very happy about your visit! Our resort located in front of the Caribbean is a great option for high-end users who are looking for a great destination and amazing hospitality service.

Our brand, Grand Hyatt, has been designed to offer luxury, high class, and great #momentsofmore.

We are very happy to hear about your great experience at our restaurants and at our gym.

Thank you for sharing.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Warmest Regards,