USD 182
  • Pool
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
USD 371
Official Website
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
USD 179
USD 418
  • Breakfast included
The Palm at Playa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
USD 202
  • Breakfast included
Petit Lafitte(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
USD 211
USD 150
USD 417
USD 384
USD 402
Playacar Palace(Playa del Carmen)
USD 1,008
Bookit.com
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
USD 879
2,442 results
All reviewsday clubclub levelthe grillcocina restaurantbeach club next doorclub musicbeautiful hotelrooms are modernrestaurants and shopspool areaocean frontadult poolfifth avenuesushi barpool serviceswim up roompartial ocean view
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Architecture is beautiful, the beds and accommodations are clean and comfortable. The location is perfect right along the beach and just a block away from the Fifth Avenue shops and restaurants.

If you are unsure of Mexico or nervous of where to stay, do yourself a favor and stay here. Our breakfast was included in our room rate and it was amazing. Did not seem like a typical hotel breakfast but more of an authentic Mexican flavor.

Very family friendly too!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
GrandHyattPlaya, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Grand Hyatt Playa Del Carmen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for sharing you review. We love when we know that we have exceeded our guest´s expectations. All our brand´s concept has been carefully designed to offer a great experience to those travelers who come to live a luxury and relaxing holidays. Many thanks for your review and we couldn't agree more, food and beverage are one of our jewels to share with guest that appreciate gastronomy and are well traveled, next time you visit us I will recommend to dine in our top ranked gourmet cuisine The Grill at 1 26.
We look forward to welcoming you very soon.
Regards.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We traveled to Playa del Carmen for the first time a few days ago. I chose this hotel because it looked really nice and because I was a little nervous bringing our baby and 4 year old daughter to Mexico, and I felt more comfortable with an American chain. I came here first for 2 nights and then we did 3 nights at Andaz Mayakoba which I will review separately.

Arrival at the hotel was seamless, we had booked a club room & so the check in is very nice and they upgraded us to a plunge pool suite. I do not get the appeal of plunge pools but the room worked really well for us because it was quite large, had a huge bathroom with 2 sinks ( great for washing bottles) and then separate spaces for us and our kids to sleep, and also the terrace was large. So it functioned a bit more like an apartment.

Also the oceanfront location of the room allowed us to get down to the pool and the beach quickly. This is valuable with a baby because they kind of tether you more to your room with naps etc. The complex is extremely easy to get around and the whole hotel is indoor/outdoor which adds to the vacation vibe.

Traveling with a heavy baby, I loved how stroller friendly the hotel was. It is a beautiful hotel with an open air central corridor which also has a stroller / wheelchair ramp all the wAy down to just before the beach. The hotel was constantly giving us bottled water which I used to make my sons bottles, and they also provided a nice crib and a bottle sterilizer. To note, the mattress in the sofa bed my daughter slept on was atrocious, but she is 4 and didn’t know any better.

The main thoroughfare of Playa del Carmen is one block away and has millions of restaurants and bars to choose from, we rolled down there both nights and easily walked into top rated restaurants no problem.

We ate breakfasts in the club room, this was by far the most tasty and appealing “free” hotel breakfast I have ever encountered.

This hotel really lends itself to spontaneity since it is so close to town, I was easily able to slip away for 90 minutes of kids free shopping.

The kids club is very nice.

The only thing I didn’t like about the hotel is that the beach is a public urban beach and so if you are sitting on the beach in a hotel chaise lounge, your view of the water is through a mass of people who set up their own umbrellas and chairs between you and the water. However the hotel has many tiered terraces where you can lounge by the pool and see the water from there. They also have call buttons so you can press a button and get a waiter over quickly. The other (minor) disappointment was the internet and cell service were both not very good, which I was expecting it to be better considering the hotel is pretty new.

In the end I wished I would have stayed here longer and now in retrospect I probably would have skipped mayakoba all together.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank knowitalltravels

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for you review.

We are extremely happy to hear about your grand staying in our beautiful property.

This is a sophisticated Resort but still hippest, because of its location, right in the center of Playa del Carmen where our guests love to be hosted for our quality and hospitality service, oriented to offer a top notch experience.

Our brand is part of the luxury portfolio and is ideal for all the luxury travelers segment who are looking for a great property, in a terrific spot mixed with fine touches of architecture and decoration.

I will invite you to give us a call for any inconvenience you may be experiencing, we will do our best to fix the situation I am talking about the sofa bed...

Again thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you very soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The Grand Hyatt is impressive, mammoth stone and masonry architecture. The room we had was a bit sterile and needed a suitcase shelf, not to mention better lighting (which has to do with how Mexico escalates the price per KWH, apparently).

It's a great landing spot before you actually see, y'know, Mexico. It could be any luxury beachfront hotel anywhere.

With that said, we had a great time, and the pool areas and the beach were fine. It's really the staff that make this hotel pleasurable. They were, without exception, delightful. Poolside and beachside service were good.

There's just no funkiness or character to the place. Still, a good time.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

Our main purpose is to over exceed the expectations of our guests, who are the most important for our entire crew, our service is the heart of this magnificent property, offered by passionate people who love to share unique experiences, in order to amaze our guest´s staying. In the future we will invite you to give us call for any doubt or any inquiry you may want or need to communicate, we will be very happy to assist you.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We went there for spring break with our friends 4 tweens & had an amazing time as usual. The staff, customer service, food, drinks, pool and location are beyond incredible. Special mention to Ammaar (MGR) Jose & Marcelo (pool) Luis, Marcela, Elizabeth (Club) David & Rodrigo (Club desk) are beyond amazing. we miss Fernando #hashtag :((

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Manal22,

Thank you for your kind review and we were so happy to welcome you back.

We are very happy to know that our concept once again have exceeded your expectations.

We will give your greetings to all of out members with great joy.

Again thank you for your comments, we look forward to welcoming you to experience a great leisure moment in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My husband an I stayed here for a few days this New Years. They had huge celebration with music, food and wonderful display of fireworks at midnight. The room was very nice and extremely clean. Breakfast was amazing every morning overlooking the beach. The pools were very relaxing and your server was never far off. Always ready to grab you another drink. The pool staff makes sure that people aren’t claiming loungers by the pool that aren’t using them. We had a beach view room but I would imagine all the rooms have a great view. I don’t think I’ll ever stay anywhere else while in Playa Del Carmen.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
GrandHyattPlaya, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Grand Hyatt Playa Del Carmen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your message and preference. We are ready to welcome you and yours next year!

All that you experienced are well-known and we thank you for reminding us this great asset as our #LivingGrand concept, the essence of our hotel supported by the entire staff who daily work very hard to offer a great hospitality service. Our mission is to care our guests who come with us to live phenomenal #momentsofmore in each area and concept of our Resort. One of our main points is our terrific location, just in the middle of the heart of Playa del Carmen next to the best shops and restaurants of Playa, which is loved for our guests who come to feel the local vibe of Playa.

Again thank you for your comments Julie. We look forward to welcoming you very soon in this paradise!

Regards