“Exceptional Resort!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Elk Grove
“Exceptional Resort!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

This was our first stay at this fabulous resort. We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the villas which are very nicely decorated. Beautiful fountains, grounds and pools throughout the facility and the beach views were amazing from every point of view. Restaurant right on the beach was great with reasonable prices and good selections, as were the pool bars and food choices. The staff was excellent always courteous and going that next step to make your stay that much better. Customer service was amazing, the staff and facilities is very well maintained with excellent amenities to suit each guest. The resort is in a great location, quiet and and accommodating for a trip into town with a short taxi ride or free shuttle to downtown Playa Del Carmen for the day. You can choose to participate in the many planned resort activities, or take a day trip to a variety of tours offered through the Thomas Moore agent.
The staff is very friendly and everyone goes out of their way to make you feel at home. Attention to detail is outstanding, we were very satisfied and pleased with our choice and plan to return soon.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor overlooking the pool, we did not have any issue with noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert680

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (945)
  • Greek first
new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We love this timeshare! This is our home away from home. We had our personal concierge, Alery, who was readily available for any questions about the resort and suggestions regarding surrounding restaurants. Our 2 bedroom villa is beautiful, It overlooks the pool, the courtyard and of course the sea and beach. The place is quiet and many of its clients are families or retirees. The water is not as rough as Cancun, Anyone who stays in the resort also has some privileges in the sister resorts in Cancun. So if you have a chance to exchange or purchase membership here you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

The only complaint that I have is that their on property rental car company is very dishonest. This company is right next to their check in desk in the main lobby. I rented from this company because of its affiliation with the resort. If the resort is going to affiliate with dishonest venders that doesn't say much for the resort. I have to rate the value as poor since I got so significantly cheated by the affiliated car rental company

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank momof420181414
Camilo_Royal_Resorts, Community Manager at The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking a moment of your valuable time to write your review. Your comments are very important and help us serve you better.

I'm sorry to read about the inconveniences you report having experienced with the car rental company. I passed a copy of your comments to management and they informed me that they contacted the car rental company to ensure that a situation like this does not happen again.

We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you back soon.

Warm regards from the Riviera Maya.
Crystal Lake, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

We love our Mexican home in Playa. We bought pre-construction 6 years ago and have been thrilled. I only has 252 units in 2 u-shaped configurations. Each has their own pools and restaurants. It never feels crowded. It was fully occupied during our week and never had a problem getting a palapa on the beach. The beach is pretty but not that swim friendly, lot of coral close to shore. But the pools and the pool bars are excellent. You can see Cozumel on most days, 17 miles distant, and cruise ships coming into port. The full villa is 1600 sq. ft. and is nicely appointed. The lockoff portion has a private balcony, and from our 3rd floor unit you get a great view of the grounds and the beach. We go there every year and always do something different. It is a $10 cab ride to downtown Playa where you can buy anything from fine jewelry to cheap souvenirs. You can rent a driver to take you to Akumal to snorkel with Sea Turtles or go up the coast to Puerto Moreles to snorkel the Reef. Mayan ruins in Tulum are about an hour south. The Nick Price Golf course has just been completed and is growing in very nicely. You get preferred rates there or you can go to the Iberro Star Paraiso up the road which is all inclusive. Both very nice courses for the money. If you like uncrowded beaches and no Spring breakers with a high level of service it would be hard to do better than the Royal Haciendas, or any of the Royal resorts (5 in Cancun and 1 in Playa)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jack74104
Halifax, Nova Scotia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

I stayed here for one night on my way to Belize. The hotel was booked through a travel agent so I was expecting a fool proof reservation. I first sniffed trouble when the man at the front door could not find my name on the "welcome list". He encouraged me to stay positive and told me to continue inside where I met my greeter, who also could not find my name on a list. She showed me to the counter where I waited for an hour and forty five minutes for someone to find my reservation. Although it is impossible for me to figure out whether it is the fault of the travel agent I used or the fault of the resort, it is still a huge inconvenience to have to wait for that amount of time after a long day of traveling. One of the reasons why I dislike resort style accommodations is because they are seemingly faceless. Since this chain is American owned (according to my travel agent) I had to wait while they called the mother ship. A manager did approach me after seeing me wait and wait and wait, and he did offer to buy our group a drink, which was decent.
Once we got into our villa we had no problems. It was clean and comfortable. The grounds were well kept and the food was okay. We were lucky enough to have a waiter who knew a considerable amount about Mexican beer brewing so we at least learned something. But all in all the resort was pretty cookie cutter. It had very little to do with going to Mexico and looked like all other resorts that you find in Cuba or the Dominican. I was glad to have only stayed one night, simply because I got very little out of it.

Room Tip: We were a group of 4 who chose a one bedroom villa with murphy beds. When we checked in, the door t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Camilo_Royal_Resorts, Community Manager at The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Member:

I'm sorry to read that you feel this way. I tried contacting you to request more details about this incident but was unable to get a reply back.

Nevertheless, I have sent a copy of your comments to corporate management in order to review and adjust our service as needed.

Warm regards from Playa del Carmen.