Popol Vuh
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Posada Sian Ka'an(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mimi del Mar(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
Olive Hotel & Boutique(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Hotel All Riviera(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Hacienda del Caribe(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
Hotel Cielo(Playa del Carmen)
  • Restaurant
Baal Nah Kah(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Hotel Peter Pan(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
All reviewsshared kitchenoutdoor kitchenlocation is amazingado stationbeach entrancedouble bedconvenient locationshort walkrooms are nicehostelfabianhammocksavesandstovepesosrefrigerator
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

This place is fantastic , not high end at all but smack bang in the centre of everything and 15 metres to the sea , you get a double storey beach hut with some fans and mosquito nets​ and there's also a communal kitchen so what else could you possibly need. Apparently a hammock garden , well that's covered also

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2017

Great location close to all area attractions, close to restaurants, shopping, ferry boat to cozumel & super close to the beach. Fabian is your man to answer any questions you may have....Pura Vida Amigos

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2017

The place was very sweet and relaxed even if in the in the middle of the chaos of Playa del Carmel. The staff is helpful, but when booking make sure you are booking the rooms on the pictures. There is a slightly different name for various types of the rooms. One thing was worth noting is that coconut palms were not maintained very well and the coconut fell right next to me when i was opening the door. Very dangerous to stay on the left side of the property as a result.

Room Tip: choose the rooms in the buildings not the huts on the left of the entrance.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed for one night before moving on. This hostel is a huge missed opportunity. Perfect location, seconds from the beach, 5th Ave., and ADO bus terminal. If this place was demolished and re-built there would be some serious money to be made.

Unfortunately, these are incredibly poorly maintained cabanas in need of overhaul. We came back to our room on the first night and our bed was covered in insects. The guy on reception was able to move us fortunately. New room needed re-wiring (like the rest of the place) as well as new door, windows, and detailing between structure and floor. The place made you cringe.

We found a beautiful, spotlessly clean hotel with pool, language school, bar and restaurant for the same price when we returned to Playa del Carmen later in the week.

Owner should invest to improve this place significantly, would definitely reap the rewards.

Stayed: September 2016
4  Thank RobandKateTravel
Reviewed 1 September 2016

My friend and I stayed 3 nights here. We are early 30's and were looking for budget accommodations without a hostel/spring break vibe and we found it perfectly here! It was chill, clean, and convenient. The outdoor shared kitchen was great, and the entire hotel is built around the sand covered courtyard adorned with hammocks. I'd definitely stay here again.
My only suggestions for management here would be to address issues with customer service, specifically the following:
We came early in the morning to reserve our room although we were leaving for the day. We looked at a private air con room, then a shared bathroom room that only had a fan. My friend wanted to upgrade to AC for $10 so we (thought) reserved the room, paid, and left for the day. When we arrived back with our keys later, they didn't fit. The woman we spoke with earlier was there and explained that she put us in the fan room. Alex, the manager, quickly took over the conversation and we never did come to an understanding of what happened, but the room we wanted and thought we had was reserved already. Although I'm not fluent, I speak more Spanish than most, so that wasn't the issue, but Alex refused to do anything about the confusion. Personally, I thought he should have bumped us up to one of the available air con rooms for the night but he refused claiming he "couldn't"...that is in fact exactly what a manager is supposed to do in my opinion but I digress. So then I offered to stay in the fan room but move us into the other room the next day and pay the difference... Again, he was unwilling to budge and said "well if they leave I'll let you know..."(he didn't though) It should have been a RESERVATION, so if they decided to stay they should have had to move since we had 3 nights total, opposed to their 1. Anyway, I just thought it was really poor customer service but that's me.
The second issue I had, which again was minor but good to know, was with parking. Although it's advertised as free parking (which it is), there is only like 3 spots at most and they align front to back so each time cars need to get out all the cars need to leave. Not a problem for us, because we were the only ones there with a car...except for Alex, the manager. He parked behind us each day and once we had to wait over an hour to leave because he had left on his motorcycle and didn't leave a car key. This seems like a really easy fix to a really inconvenient situation. All people in the driveway should leave their cars with the desk, including management, so that people can come and go as they please.
Lastly, the "private beach entrance" should be kept up better. There was more trash than I'd expect to see and didn't seem to have been raked or trimmed in in while.

Stayed: August 2016