You get what you pay for. More than reasonably priced, Nice friendly staff. Outdoor kitchen and Palm trees in courtyard with 3 hammocks. Room wise, 3 options, rooms with. Fan 1 window and double bed, communal bathroom with 4 showers, 2 toilets and 2 sinks. Shared by 6 units. 5 palapas with 2 beds one up a ladder, one down, misquito net and fan. Small covered porch with light and table w/ chairs and bathroom. Not much privacy, can hear "everything"! Our favorite was....Large room with one double and a twin....wish it was king...but..private bath with enclosed shower, toilet. Sink and storage with small fridge, flat screen, air conditioning and 2 windows. Not fancy..but clean. Noisy at night due to 'bad boys' club next door. Loud till midnight. Once u leave the courtyard you are on the beach. Other side of street by entrance has Polpo Vu restaurant. Incredible and reasonably priced food. We ate breakfast there every day. Fresh squeezed OJ, great service, fab fish tacos. Walk on beach 1 min. from there. Down to the earth service. Meet people from all over the world. We were there 2 x. Stayed for 2 weeks this winter. Casual!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Popol Vuh, one of the first affordable accommodation, nestled in the best location in Playa del Carmen. Half a block from Fifth Avenue and steps from one of the best beaches in the city. But being in the best location does not make it noisy, on the contrary, Popol Vuh is an oasis that will make you forget you are in the heart of Playa del Carmen. The garden surrounded by palm trees will offer you a feeling of peace and tranquility you are looking to relax. We have a kitchen that has everything you need to prepare your own food, as well as to organize a barbecue grill in the garden and a speaker where you can connect your iPod or any device and become the dj. We do not have a pool, but ¡hey!, remember that the beach is just a few steps. We have 2 wireless networks so you're always connected through to your mobile, laptop or tablet. At the reception you can print your boarding passes or anything you need. You only have to ask. Our staff will be always thoughtful to your needs and will provide you with the best tips for you to know the best places in town, you can reserve and buy any tour with them. Popol Vuh is for all types of travelers, whether you're traveling alone, with family, with friends or family. Our restaurant bar is located right in front and you can enjoy a wide variety of traditional Mexican dishes, cold beers, margaritas and enjoy your favorite sports. We have 14 private rooms, we have a place for everyone. There are six rooms with air-conditioning, cable TV, private bathroom and minibar; Three cabanas with private bathrooms and fans and five cabanas with fans and shared bathroom. Service daily cleaning and parking for up to three cars (if previously requested). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, HostelWorld and Hooroo Pty Ltd so you can book your Popol Vuh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bed And Breakfast Popol Vuh
- b&b Popol Vuh Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Popol Vuh Playa Del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico