All reviews shared kitchen outdoor kitchen location is amazing beach entrance ado bus station double bed rooms are nice hammocks ave sand stove pesos refrigerator walmart
Reviewed 3 March 2015

This place has one of the best locations in Playa Del Carmen. It is one block from the ADO bus station, a few steps to the beach, and right off the main avenue walking street in playa del Carmen. I came from Belize, and arrived really early in the morning, I was tired, but luckily they let me check in early so I could get some sleep. Fabian was super helpful, he answered all my questions, and help me track down some flowers for my girlfriend. The courtyard is a nice place to have a drink and chat with some fellow travelers. There are hammocks set up, and they have speakers that you can hook up your phone or ipod to play music. There is a common kitchen and and stove stop, and stuff to make your own food. This place is perfect for the price, the rooms and bathroom were clean. There are two beds in most rooms, all rooms open up into the courtyard. I will stay at this place next I am in playa del Carmen.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chicagowrtr
Reviewed 22 February 2015

This "hostel" doesn't offer dorms, only private rooms. However, most of the rooms have 2 big beds so you can get the best deal by going with a couple friends or a family together. It has a very good, relaxing vibe. There are hammocks hung in the common area under the shade of palm trees in the sand. The common kitchen was recently remodelled and is adequately stocked. There are only 2 toilets and 3 showers for all of the guests and they are co-ed but I only had to wait a few minutes one time to use them, otherwise it wasn't an inconvenience. I feel like it should have been a little cheaper based on the condition of the buildings and the shared bathrooms but its reasonable. Fabian, one of the staff, was very friendly and helpful. They had a nice barbeque for all the guests one night that was only 70 pesos and the food was delicious and plentiful. Overall a very good stay. We originally booked only one night but ended up staying for five nights. Its right between the beach and 5th avenue so you can't beat the location. I would stay here again

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2015 via mobile

A very good location just behind the beach and close to the bus station to go to the airport and boat to Cozumel. Bungalows are clean located in a garden with friendly people around. Its a place to go!

• Stayed: January 2015
Reviewed 27 January 2015

We found Popol Vuh an ideal place to stay with our two teenage daughters. The location allows for independence among all family members to either spend time at the beach, wander through Playa del Carmen on foot, or relax in the lovely courtyard, which is usually quiet during the day, but in the evening offers the opportunity to meet other guests of all ages from all over the world. Alex and Fabian are very friendly and organized and willing to help out in any way. The cleaning staff do an excellent job as well. We found Popul Vuh’s restaurant to have great food, while being very reasonably priced compared to the restaurants right along 5th Avenue.

Room Tip: Popol Vuh offers a wide variety of rooms, which is explained on their website
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 January 2015

You can feel the good vibe in this hostel. The variety of room options makes it a great choice. There is a social room in the middle of the hostel where you can hang out with the other guests. I took due to business purpose so I could park there.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends