We came here after three days in Tulum vía a colectivo and a taxi.
The site is small, only five cabañas, which lends itself to very personal service. There was only one other couple staying there when we were so it was absolutely quiet at night.
We borrowed beach cruisers and went to the beach (it is about a 3 minute ride which I thought was fun). The beach is pretty rocky in a lot of places and full of folks from the all-inclusive place next door. I still napped just fine on my towel.
I am embarrassed to admit that we tried to watch tv while in this amazing place, but we couldn’t get it to work. Oh well.
We stayed in the red room, which had a king sized bed, mini fridge, the aforementioned tv, and a bathroom. The room also had a beautiful overhead ceiling fan and AC that we didn’t need.
The room was clean and smelled of my grandmas soap, which I loved.
The restaurant was absolutely amazing and lots of other folks were here for dinner. The restaurant was busy, but not overly so - very enjoyable.
Dinner came with chips and three different sauces. We ate two rounds of the green sauce it was so good with a bit of the spicy sauce. We shared the chicken cordon bleu (so good!) and the potato, bacon, and blue cheese pizza made in their brick oven (as good as any fancy pizza place I’ve ever been to). For dessert, we “shared” (I ate it all) the chocolate cake with eggnog - the eggnog was so good I got an extra drink of it for a nightcap.
Overall, a very peaceful, friendly place with an awesome restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in lush tropical gardens, Cocos Cabanas has 6 cozy Bungalows (3 Queen ,1 King and 2 Junior suites), an outdoor Swimming pool and is just 10 minutes walking or 3 by bike from the beach. All bungalows have A/C, Ceiling Fans and iPod docking stations. The Junior suites come with King Bed and a Futon , Kitchenette, Fridge, Micro, Coffee-maker and all Boutique amenities .The bungalows are built in a typical local style with thatched roofs made of dried and woven palm-tree leaves. They all have tiled flooring and private bathrooms with a shower or bath. Cocos Cabanas offers both Mexican and international cuisine, including pizzas made in Coco's wood-fired oven(Lobster-Pizza), grilled Shrimp, Lobster and Steaks and a range of Mexican appetizers and Main dishes such as Mole poblano, Guacamole,Mixiote, Ceviche or Quesadillas. Guests can relax in the sun loungers or hammocks by the pool, go snorkeling or explore some of the nearby Mayan ruins, including Tulum or Chichen Itza. Ferries to the island of Cozumel leave from Playa del Carmen, about a 20-minute drive from the resort.Just Relax we do the rest!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Cocos Cabanas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco`s Cabanas Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Cocos Cabanas Playa Del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico