All reviewsindigo beach clubhot tubel tajmaster bedroomrooftop terraceperfect locationthe penthousefull kitchenprivate jacuzzigreat gymbreakfast includedshopping and restaurantsliving areasister propertyfifth avenueeither directionrental car
Reviewed 19 August 2017

The check-in process, the hotel, the grounds, the customer service, the location and the unit!!!??? All I can say is WOW!!! Porto Playa Condo Hotel and Beachclub will always be my hotel of choice!!! Everyone was sooooo friendly, I can't wait to return!!! This place truly has all of the comforts of home!!! I personally think unit 221 is the best!!! It has a private entrance to the pool!!!

The one and only disapointment is that the luxury truck that I requested for pick-up from the airport was not comfortable for 5 women but the driver was awesome and made the best of an uncomfortable situation, kudos to him!!!

Thanks Porto Playa for making my 50th Birthday Celebration Special!!!

Room Tip: Unit 221 is a perfect size for 6 people!!! Do not order the luxury truck if you have more than 4 people...
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PlayaAssoc, Owner at Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Michelle M,

Thank you for taking the time to share this great review with the Tripadvisor community!

We are thrilled to learn that you truly enjoyed your stay and birthday celebration with us at Porto Playa. A birthday trip to Playa del Carmen wouldn't be complete without the top-notch service provided by our team from beginning to end combined with our comfortable condos, well-kept facilities and exclusive perks.

Regarding your comments about the comfort of the luxury truck, rest assured that these have been relayed to the concerned heads of the transportation company for their immediate review.

Make sure to keep us posted as to when your travels bring you back into Playa del Carmen because we would love to have you back at Porto Playa!

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Great hotel in the centre of Playa del Carmen, right by the main shopping street. That said, the hotel was quiet and street noise was non-existant. The pools and jacuzzi were sometimes a little too hot, but beautifully situated in lush green garden. The hotel appartment was perfect with cooking facilities and wifi. Breakfast was located in 2 restaurants. Preferred the beach restaurant for its buffet-style service. Best of all, was the access to the gym next door. What a great gym!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
PlayaAssoc, Owner at Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear Suzywoozy2014,

Thank you for sharing to the world your wonderful review about your recent stay. It was a true pleasure to have you as our guests at Porto Playa Condo Hotel!

We are happy to know that you were pleased with our pristine facilities and condos located right in the heart of Playa del Carmen.

Our hospitality experience has been designed to provide an unforgettable vacation. This is why we include exclusive benefits such as free wifi , special VIP benefits and access to the best gym in the city so you can keep up your fitness goals.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and compliments regarding your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Porto Playa in the near future!

Ownerd, Managing Director

Reviewed 4 August 2017

We had a short three night stay at the Porto Playa, Penthouse 220, and we were very impressed with the unit, facilities, and overall coziness of this Condo. Everything about this room was perfect and provided us with plenty of space to relax as well as a gorgeous kitchen to cook in. From the guest room to the rooftop terrace we loved it. And the Rooftop is bigger than what we expected too, even had a shower and refrigerator to boot.

The only negative I would say is the beach near this resort/ condominium. It is smaller than we'd prefer and found ourselves walking to Playacar every day to have a nicer view.

Overall, the Porto Playa is an exceptional place to stay when visiting Playa del Carmen. We WILL be back.

Mario

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank JorgeMario573
PlayaAssoc, Owner at Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear JorgeMario573,

We are really glad to know that you enjoyed such a perfect vacation with us while enjoying to the fullest the service, facilities and amenities that Porto Playa Condo Hotel provides for al guests from beginning to end.

As you’ve experienced, we combine the comfort of being at home with the luxury of a resort because we are all about creating unique moments for all guests, by keeping our units fully equipped and our indoors/outdoors facilities on point all year round.

It is also our key location, what brings even more comfort to your stay. A couple of blocks and you’re already enjoying yourself at some of the trendiest venues in Playa del Carmen!

About the beach, we’re currently having a situation with the beaches in our region which fortunately are slowly coming back. At the moment, we're doing our best to remedy this within the overall guidelines and procedures of our municipality, to keep providing the exceptional service and experience that all our valuable guests deserve and that we pride ourselves on.

We would like you to know that we are doing everything possible to insure our guests’ stay at Condo Hotels is enjoyable and provide the high standards our guests have come to expect.

We deeply value all feedback that is received since it is the most important tool for us to create even greater experiences for our guests in the future. Thanks for your time and detailed comments.

We really look forward to having you at Porto Playa on your next vacation in Playa del Carmen!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2017

I stayed here with my husband and two children aged 19 & 17 for two weeks at the end of July and we absolutely loved it! The location is perfect, being one block back from the beach (we often used the Indigo Beach Club and the service was excellent) and one block down from the vibrant Fifth Avenue which is teeming with shops, bars, restaurants and fun! Amongst all this, Porto Playa is a little oasis with immaculate, lush gardens and an attractive pool where you can have all the peace & tranquility you require. My kids loved the well-equipped gym and we all enjoyed the private rooftop terrace (we stayed in apt 214). The staff are friendly and helpful and the housekeeping is first class. All in all, 4 very satisfied customers. We would love to return one day.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank canneslady

Dear Canneslady,

Thank you for your kind words and the time you've taken to write this amazing and detailed review about your wonderful stay at Porto Playa Condo Hotel.

I am glad to know that you and your family experienced an amazing stay from beginning to end. Our hospitality experience offers the best well-kept facilities, fully-equipped condos and attentive service that you would only expect from a 5-stars resort.

As you mention, another great advantage of our condo hotel is its location. Being in the premier zone of Playa del Carmen allows you to be nearby every trending restaurant, shop and venue you'd love to visit during your vacation. This and other great benefits of staying at Porto Playa are what distinguish our excellent experience.

We truly look forward to having you back very soon at Porto Playa Condo Hotel!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We booked Condo 221 for a girls Memorial (day) weekend and the condo was beautiful and as pictured. The air conditioning worked, it was clean and the view from the top patio was incredible. There was laundry detergent in the laundry closet and the refrigerator was stocked with drinks. Physically, the place is spot on! We also were very happy to enjoy complimentary breakfast daily at Indigo Beach (best spot of all breakfast options).

Here's where it gets a little sticky: We planned on drinking our own purchased items, so we took all of their beer and wine and placed in the bottom of the fridge. After the trip, I received emails stating that we drank 2 of their beers and that they were going to charge me $6.11. It took me many emails to get them to agree not to charge my credit card.

We also booked a private dinner to be cooked at the condo. This turned out to be the worst experience of our trip. I have numerous emails with respect to the dinner. Porto Playa Concierge has two catering companies that they work with and we chose "Chef Coty" to cook for us. The agreed upon price we received in writing was $160 plus the cost of the food at a maximum of $14 per person. That evening, two gentlemen showed up with the food to cook. I asked them where Chef Coty was and they told me that she is an organization and that she hires out to other chefs. This was quite disconcerting since we are five women and we specifically chose her because we knew that we would be drinking and we didn't want to feel uncomfortable. The chefs cooked a delicious meal. Since it was my birthday, my friends took care of the bill. The next morning I was told that they paid the chefs $35 per person and tipped based on that cost! I was shocked and embarrassed! I have many emails from the Concierge company of Porto Playa and the last was confirming that the cost for the food was at most $14 per person! I went to the Concierge office the next day met with Giovanni (with whom I had the email correspondence) and he called Chef Coty. After a 10 minute phone conversation, she acknowledged that she had to reimburse us $105 dollars and that she would have someone bring the cash to us by 7pm that evening. It seemed a little petty that she reimbursed us a portion in American dollars and a portion in Mexican currency, especially since we paid in American dollars the night before. Due to this stressful situation and the dispute over the $6.11 for the two missing beers I took a star off the rating.

Another item, was that since we were celebrating my birthday, a friend called ahead and ordered three bottles of champagne. The premise was that they were supposed to be refrigerated; but unfortunately they were placed on the table so they were warm when we got there. She felt bad since she was very specific with her request.

So, in essence, we loved the condo, the pool was clean and we had a great time. The staff treated us well and breakfast at Indigo Beach was a very lovely touch.

The beach by Playa de Carmen is quite non-existing and mired with seaweed. We knew this coming in, and we were told that we could go to their sister hotel, approximately 30 minutes away to swim. Don't waste your time, it has very similar conditions with respect to the seaweed. We also had to deal with being nickel and dimed. We were told that we would receive a food and beverage discount (since they are affiliated with our hotel). What we weren't originally informed was that we had to spend a certain amount of pesos each to receive the discount.

Room Tip: We loved Room 221, it had plenty of space for all of us, and many outside seating areas.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank NorthStar803047
PlayaAssoc, Owner at Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear O&Msmom,

Thank you for sharing your hospitality experience with us. My name is Jack Perlman.
I am the developer and an owner of Porto Playa. All our guests’ comments and experiences are really important to myself and our team; therefore, I always read and personally respond each Tripadvisor review so that we can continue to provide the service you expect.

We deeply appreciate your feedback regarding third-party services provided during your stay. Your words are the most important tool for us to create even greater experiences for our guests in the future.

I'm glad that a solution was provided to solve this situation. Know that we've addressed this situation directly with their Management to insure the high standards our guests have come to expect.

Thanks for your time and detailed comments. We really look forward to having you at Porto Playa on your next birthday getaway!

Kind regards,