Illusion Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Maya del Mar(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
Hotel El Punto(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
El Secreto Hotel by Bunik(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Pelicano Inn(Playa del Carmen)
  • Beachfront
Playa Maya(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Lunata(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Pension San Juan(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Maya Bric Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
  • Free Internet
Thompson Beach House(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
Siesta Fiesta Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
1,651 results
All reviewsrooftop poolbalcony roomperfect locationfourth floorsmall hotelsmall poolhotel is greatrooms are largeair conditionerferry to cozumelnight lifeocean viewking bedour honeymoonavebeachmexico
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 April 2012

If you are looking for something a bit smaller and cozier, this is the place. It is located in the heart of the city and up the block from the beach. A few minutes walk to wonderful restaurants and shopping. The staff was very friendly and informed. All of the restaurant recommendations were excellent. We took the ferry to Cozumel for a day of snorkeling-only 45 minutes to get there & a 10 minutewalk from the hotel. My wife particularly liked the fresh cut flowers that were placed on the bed and pillows.

Room Tip: We loved the 4th floor by the pool and facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rhc503
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The location of the hotel was exelent. But the hotel was not worth all the money, that it costed.
The breakfast was very poor, so I recommend yuo not to take breakfast at the hotel. Coffee at the lobby is free, so all you need to do, is to buy something to eat from the store,
Some of the rooms were noisy, because there was only a door to the next room...
But when we wanted to change the room, it was very easy.
The swimmingpool is very small but the place on the roof was nice.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Loved this hotel in Playa Del Carmen. The best thing about this is its location. Its right next to the beach and the main street 5th avenue. We didn't have to go anywhere to visit the best places at Playa.
The staff was very helpful, giving us excellent recommendations for places to eat and see. They also helped us find tours to go and see places like Tulum. (Thanks Mauricio for the help).
The rooms were large and clean, and the staff cleaned our room everyday making it a nice trip.

Will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mcsnake
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The hotel itself is an upscale boutique hotel and for the price in the area it cant be beaten. It is steps away from the beach. The decor is gorgeous, the breakfast (continental) is very fresh and tasty. We had a small problem with our toilet upon checkin and the maintenance staff worked on it and the next day (while we were gone) began with a full on repair and it worked flawlessly from then on.

The computer in the reception area is available to all guests for free and was very useful for checking our itinerary and finding recommendations for restaurants (although the front desk could do this too). Every front desk person we encountered was great from Cassandra, Cynthia, to Jorge and many others I cant remember (they all work between the different Xperience hotels I believe). They helped me get the shuttle to the bus station from the ADO bus station and provided restaurant recommendations, directed me to walmart to unload my camera photos. This hotel is in the middle of everything steps away from 5th avenue for all the shopping.

The hotel itself has 5floors I believe. Each floor has seating and a water tank to get water any hour of the day. The top floor has a pool and a bar open some hours throughout the day. The view is very nice and it is very relaxing to hang out there.

The rooms were well appointed, nice bathroom shower, spacious room, nice lighting, although I wished they had a little more drawer space we were able to make due. Oh and the safe worked much better and easier than some places I've been.

Overall a great hotel with one of the best bang for your buck in the area. If I come back to playa (which I have every intention of doing) I will stay here without question.

Room Tip: Top floor if possible. I hear rooms with a balcony are on the noiser side calle 8 (the street was really not the noisy at all from what I saw)
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank alaska1986
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We have stayed at Illusions for the past several years, and it is even better now! The new management has made some upgrades and it remains our choice in Playa del Carmen. It's nice and quiet but still near everything - downtown, beach, restaurants, shopping. Playa del Carmen is a great place for Spring Break, and it's made even better by this hotel. We will be visiting again next year and plan to stay there again.
I must mention Abigail, our maid, and Aumara, the massage therapist - could NOT have been better! We felt very welcomes and pampered.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 4th floor are definitely the best - the pool is right there and there is an elevator (although it can be a bit slow sometimes).
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple